Have I managed to skip the job seekers 13 week thing?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40,102
Forum Member
I was due a 13 week review just after I moved away last month.

Now a month has passed and I am still signing as I usually do, every 2 weeks. However, I am at a new job centre in a new region and it took them ages to sort it out (I got 4 weeks pay late, basically).

So, have I managed to skip the 13 week thing? The reason I ask is because if I have then next week is my last signing on session because the one after that will be during the Christmas break when they are closed.

I don't want to phone them in case it prompts them to see their mistake :p

Comments

• queenshaksqueenshaks Posts: 10,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was due a 13 week review just after I moved away last month.

Now a month has passed and I am still signing as I usually do, every 2 weeks. However, I am at a new job centre in a new region and it took them ages to sort it out (I got 4 weeks pay late, basically).

So, have I managed to skip the 13 week thing? The reason I ask is because if I have then next week is my last signing on session because the one after that will be during the Christmas break when they are closed.

I don't want to phone them in case it prompts them to see their mistake :p

Call them to cover your back Carmen, you know what idiots they are, they'll blame it on you for not getting in contact.
  • scotty22scotty22 Posts: 1,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the 13 wk thing is just an interview that makes no difference..:confused:
  • clarriboclarribo Posts: 6,258
    Forum Member
    Yeah you probably won't have to do the 13 week review- that is supposed to be to review how your job hunt is going maybe change a few things on your Js agreement so as you have found work it would be pointless.
  • HypnodiscHypnodisc Posts: 22,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    scotty22 wrote: »
    the 13 wk thing is just an interview that makes no difference..:confused:

AFAIK it's generally considered 'mandatory'. It may seem like a waste of time in the claimants eyes, but it's one of the boxes that needs ticking generally.

Although in Carmens case, based on the fact he/she has a job starting just after Xmas (I think?) they may have overlooked it based on that fact.
  • snorksnork Posts: 1,464
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had a 13 week review, luckily I came off at that point to go self employed.

You need to get in touch...they will blame you and they have the weight of a million tonnes of petty bureaucracy to back them up. I know it's their fault.

After the 13 weeks you have to sign on every week, instead of every two.
  • queenshaksqueenshaks Posts: 10,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    snork wrote: »

You need to get in touch...they will blame you and they have the weight of a million tonnes of petty bureaucracy to back them up. I know it's their fault.

You sign on weekly for 6 weeks then back to fortnightly.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40,102
    Forum Member

It's nowhere, I can see, that we have to arrange this. They might have it sorted out for me but because of the mess up they made with the transfer everything was delayed. I mean, I go to anything they request so I'm not avoiding anything they ask me to do. Like I said, I wouldn't have known this 13 week thing existed until I heard about it on Digital Spy.

If I miss the last week of payments or something then that's something I'm willing to do to avoid spending time in the job centre which is absolutely awful.

Removed
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's nowhere, I can see, that we have to arrange this. They might have it sorted out for me but because of the mess up they made with the transfer everything was delayed. I mean, I go to anything they request so I'm not avoiding anything they ask me to do. Like I said, I wouldn't have known this 13 week thing existed until I heard about it on Digital Spy.

My jobcentre was actually pretty hot on getting it all arranged (unfortunately). When I signed on near the 13 weeks they gave me a letter detailing the appointment, which has obviously not been done in your case. The interview is with your reviewing officer, usually the one you signed on with, but as you've moved I'm not sure who that would be. There is a number on your sigining on book with a telephone number I believe.

It may be as well to take a chance and then remind them in writing, so you have proof, that you were supposed to have a review and they haven't done it....after Xmas of course:D
    Forum Member
    My jobcentre was actually pretty hot on getting it all arranged (unfortunately). When I signed on near the 13 weeks they gave me a letter detailing the appointment, which has obviously not been done in your case. The interview is with your reviewing officer, usually the one you signed on with, but as you've moved I'm not sure who that would be. There is a number on your sigining on book with a telephone number I believe.

It may be as well to take a chance and then remind them in writing, so you have proof, that you were supposed to have a review and they haven't done it....after Xmas of course:D

I have told them I have the offer of employment so since there's basically only 3 weeks left they might have just left it because it seems like a bit of a waste of resources... perhaps?

Regardless, how would I have know about the 13 week thing if I wasn't invited to the interview or told about it?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have told them I have the offer of employment so since there's basically only 3 weeks left they might have just left it because it seems like a bit of a waste of resources... perhaps?

Regardless, how would I have know about the 13 week thing if I wasn't invited to the interview or told about it?

When dealing with the Jobcentre, not being psychic is not a valid excuse. :p
    Forum Member
    When dealing with the Jobcentre, not being psychic is not a valid excuse. :p

That sounds true to be fair!

I was told I left it "close" when I gave them 3 weeks notice that I was moving!
  • chris2k2chris2k2 Posts: 9,886
    Forum Member
    13 weeks, 26 weeks, 12 months & 18 months reviews.

Done them all, and nothing to them - they just make sure you are looking for a job and may want some help.

Nothing to worry about.
    They are closing 23rd anyways and only open again 6th Jan, so I wouldn't worry about lad.
    Forum Member
    chris2k2 wrote: »
    13 weeks, 26 weeks, 12 months & 18 months reviews.

Done them all, and nothing to them - they just make sure you are looking for a job and may want some help.

Nothing to worry about.
    They are closing 23rd anyways and only open again 6th Jan, so I wouldn't worry about lad.

That sounds great then, because my next date is the 14th and that should be my last if I remain on two week signing. Even if I get on the weekly signing thing my last day will be 21st :D

So one, possibly 2, more visits to the job centre!
    Forum Member
    Could be different in your area though.

But stop worrying about the dole lad.
    Forum Member
    It'll probably be the same. I've heard it's closed for 3 weeks here as well.

I know, I should stop worrying. Every single time I have been they haven't really bothered asking me anything about... anything.
    Forum Member
    If you are applying for jobs, and they know it, they are easy on you it's just goverment regulations nowadays.

Can't believe
    .Liz.
    got Fired:mad::eek:
    Forum Member
    chris2k2 wrote: »
    If you are applying for jobs, and they know it, they are easy on you it's just goverment regulations nowadays.

Can't believe ........ got Fired:mad::eek:

Did you? Really? :eek: What for?
    Forum Member
    LOL,

Not me lad (don't wish that on me so soon).

I was referring to Apprentice
    Forum Member
    Ooooh!! I got confused! :o Haven't watched the show this year! :p