The Aiden Grimshaw Appreciation Thread (Part 8)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 54
    Forum Member
    Those tweets are so exciting! If any music is released, I'm sure we could all get Aiden to number 1 ;) He has so many fans and deserves the success.

If he ends up with a record deal, him leaving X Factor so early might actually swing in his favour anyway. It's made us all the more loyal! We'd really appreciate music being released and so we would buy it by the boat load. Well I definitely would :p lol

Good to see him getting a small mention in The Sun today, I guess it was hinting on Cher Lloyd's crush on him! (Get in the queue, Cher!! :p)

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/3608355/Cher-Lloyds-studio-is-set-on-fire.html
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 823
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Those tweets are so exciting! If any music is released, I'm sure we could all get Aiden to number 1 ;) He has so many fans and deserves the success.

If he ends up with a record deal, him leaving X Factor so early might actually swing in his favour anyway. It's made us all the more loyal! We'd really appreciate music being released and so we would buy it by the boat load. Well I definitely would :p lol

Good to see him getting a small mention in The Sun today, I guess it was hinting on Cher Lloyd's crush on him! (Get in the queue, Cher!! :p)

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/3608355/Cher-Lloyds-studio-is-set-on-fire.html

Haha, that last sentence is really funny. A lot of people would watch her video a lot of times if that were true !:D

Edit: Ents24 have a page with Aidens gigs listed & tickets for sale. There's a link to add comments if you've seen him live. I can highly recommend them, they're linked to See tickets. I got my TT tickets through them, literally got straight in there without needing to refresh for hours on end http://www.ents24.com/web/artist/156483/Aiden_Grimshaw.html
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,397
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paparazzo wrote: »
    Should've joined the trend and tried Aiden & Grimlings rather than anything else...

I have tended to do one RT or do one tweet for the recent trend attempts. But when I have to scroll through my timeline for more than 30 seconds to see anything other than GrimshawLove 67 or GrimshawAndGrimlings 71 I don't think that is building internet awareness of Aiden as people just unfollow in their droves.

Also yesterday's takeover of the TTs by different fan groups shows that trend attempts are not helpful on a regular basis anymore as they don't stand out.
  • PaparazzoPaparazzo Posts: 6,155
    Forum Member
    whatsoever wrote: »
    I have tended to do one RT or do one tweet for the recent trend attempts. But when I have to scroll through my timeline for more than 30 seconds to see anything other than GrimshawLove 67 or GrimshawAndGrimlings 71 I don't think that is building internet awareness of Aiden as people just unfollow in their droves.

Also yesterday's takeover of the TTs by different fan groups shows that trend attempts are not helpful on a regular basis anymore as they don't stand out.

All you really need is one tweet, and then everyone RT's it, and then its a Top Tweet...

I hate it when I'm spammed with Trending Topic attempts, at least put a fact or something infront of it!
  • chosenturbochosenturbo Posts: 8,832
    Forum Member
    happy bank holiday everyone - please vote for best DAF video/performance: http://bit.ly/lcuvtq

:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,395
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It feels like so long since I have been on here properly. I am always lurking though :)

Thanks for reposting all MrsT's tweets, it's always nice to read the positivity. I know she is his mum and so she is aways going to say he will be signed etc but it makes a change from the doubts in my head.
  • LittleNothingLittleNothing Posts: 4,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    eleana wrote: »
    not seen that one before either thank you :)

Great photo thanks for posting - think it was taken at the meet and greet when AIden performed in Seen nightclub in Harlow. I remember he was rocking the jeans with shirt and suit jacket look which I very much appreciated at the time!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aiden looks fab but that guy's pout steals the photo!

haha he is working it ;)

Would actually quite like to see Aiden work the pout into his repertoire...

:p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Twitter account for the Aiden BurnBook is following me!! don't know whether to block them??
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lucyg1980 wrote: »
    The Twitter account for the Aiden BurnBook is following me!! don't know whether to block them??

I don't really understand the burn book concept. It says leave messages anonymously but isn't that the entire purpose of twitter?? Why need a special twitter account to do that?
  • eleanaeleana Posts: 1,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Thank you had seen the last, but not the first :)

Aiden really does remind me an awful lot of Rupert Graves...
  • PaparazzoPaparazzo Posts: 6,155
    Forum Member
    Should I ask all the many Grimlings I follow on Twitter to follow back or just leave it?

I asked one and they were like "I only follow Aiden fans..." and I was like "bitch please."
  • eleanaeleana Posts: 1,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aiden's dad posted on facebook that it was Aiden's last day living in Blackpool and he is moving to london.
  • spiralstaticspiralstatic Posts: 2,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Oh goodness, I feel dreadful (in a kinda amusing manner :o)!

I clicked on the top picture and thought, "ooh I wonder: where was Aiden at the weekend...?" (as in was this singying somewhere??) and then I cracked up laughing at myself 'cause it was like I'd thought "Alert! Alert! Red Alert! We have lost track of Aiden's doings & goings & he may be singing songs without us knowing!!" hahahahahhaaha... like we're some kind of weirdo machine which we are all cogs in the running of or something hahahahahaha. Oh dear.

Seriously though eleana, I still don't know how you keep track as much as you do! Impressive! :eek::D:p I am oblivious!

Umph, umph, umph... wish there was something I could offer to say.

I guess...

1) Re Mrs T's tweeting sessions, I'm just happy she's back on twitter and it's superhappy to see her tweeting and in a happy manner. Have to say I agree with LittleNothing in the extent that I shan't take her views on her son's music to heart in a critical sense. I am sure (and a squillion percent :rolleyes: hope) Aiden's music will be amazing, but we'll one day hear for ourselves (what an exciting notion!!!!) and of course Aiden's Mummy will know whatever her shining star does is wondrous, no matter what it be hehe, awww. It is how it should be. It is exciting though that she is (or at least seems) excited: I think that's the best thing about it all, yaaaaaaaaayyyy :).

2) Oh, it just seems weird at the moment on twitter. I saw some tweets implying those who don't trend don't support Aiden, but the thing is that to me trending no longer feels even 0.0000000000000000000001% related to raising Aiden's profile or a potential deal for him (personally I feel he's already been signed some time ago, but either way I am sure our point has been gotten across already and going on and on with silly trends seems... childish/as though Aiden is a celebrity rather than a musician? I dunno how to explain how it makes me feel. I suppose in my head, the more Aiden strays into that celebrity circuit, the less likely I feel we'll get the bestest Aidenmusic that there could be. Maybe that's a naive, silly or even musically snobby view to have, but... I dunno... I guess I have super high expectations for Aiden's music: not in a specific expecting any kind of music, but in the standard and how I hope it'll feel to some degree I guess. And I hope my hopes aren't stupid/unrealistic/saodghasodgoasudgoasdgasgdoa I dunno what I am saying. I am pretty certain AIden shall be more in this world than I may in my head hope for, but maybe it's not a bad thing, but I don't know IT MAKES ME FEEL VERY AWKWARD!!! *sadface*!!!) Anyway, I don't like it (the trending) anymore *breaks toy in half then cries due to having done so* : /.... Hmm.... does that wee postscripty mean I am feeling hypocritical?? I really don't know, but :(.

It feels like twitter is some weird fanish place and to be honest I would hope Aiden's career (for his sake as much as due to my desire) would not be along the lines of many trendingartists and such.... :o I can't wait for his career to begin, but it's at the stage now where I feel like we just need to be patient & good things shall come :). I am not sure quite what has irritated me.

OH WELL!!!

PS had to superedit this post 'cause my initial attempt had 18 facepeople in it :o (19 now!!!)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 60
    Forum Member

2) Oh, it just seems weird at the moment on twitter. I saw some tweets implying those who don't trend don't support Aiden, but the thing is that to me trending no longer feels even 0.0000000000000000000001% related to raising Aiden's profile or a potential deal for him (personally I feel he's already been signed some time ago, but either way I am sure our point has been gotten across already and going on and on with silly trends seems... childish/as though Aiden is a celebrity rather than a musician? I dunno how to explain how it makes me feel. I suppose in my head, the more Aiden strays into that celebrity circuit, the less likely I feel we'll get the bestest Aidenmusic that there could be. Maybe that's a naive, silly or even musically snobby view to have, but... I dunno... I guess I have super high expectations for Aiden's music: not in a specific expecting any kind of music, but in the standard and how I hope it'll feel to some degree I guess. And I hope my hopes aren't stupid/unrealistic/saodghasodgoasudgoasdgasgdoa I dunno what I am saying. I am pretty certain AIden shall be more in this world than I may in my head hope for, but maybe it's not a bad thing, but I don't know IT MAKES ME FEEL VERY AWKWARD!!! *sadface*!!!) Anyway, I don't like it (the trending) anymore *breaks toy in half then cries due to having done so* : /.... Hmm.... does that wee postscripty mean I am feeling hypocritical?? I really don't know, but :(.

It feels like twitter is some weird fanish place and to be honest I would hope Aiden's career (for his sake as much as due to my desire) would not be along the lines of many trendingartists and such.... :o I can't wait for his career to begin, but it's at the stage now where I feel like we just need to be patient & good things shall come :). I am not sure quite what has irritated me.

OH WELL!!!

PS had to superedit this post 'cause my initial attempt had 18 facepeople in it :o (19 now!!!)

Agree with this post greatly. I enjoyed trending, and miss it sometimes - there's people I feel I hardly 'bump into' nowadays - but the trends now seem to be for the sake of trending rather than for any musical value. Sometimes I click on the attempts, and the amount of spam is ridiculous. There's no sort of message getting across. Am happy to trend when there's news or something to promote, but that's enough for me for now. People saying others aren't real fans is ridiculous. I am a fan of many (many, many) bands and artists and prove it by buying their songs, going to gigs and sharing their music with others, not by getting their name into the TTs every day.

Anyways, I didn't see anyone actually complaining, so I'm happy with my following list :)

As for the follow back question:
    Paparazzo wrote: »
    Should I ask all the many Grimlings I follow on Twitter to follow back or just leave it?

I asked one and they were like "I only follow Aiden fans..." and I was like "bitch please."

here's my thoughts...
    Generally, I will not follow people back on principle if they ask for one. It tends to mean that they are only interested in the number of followers they have. I am more likely to follow someone back if they tweet/RT me or I see them chatting to people I follow.

(I don't think I follow you though. What's your Twitter ID? - although be warned... if you're not an Aiden fan, I'm not interested!!:D)
  • THOSEglovesEdnaTHOSEglovesEdna Posts: 97
    Forum Member

As for the follow back question:

here's my thoughts...
    Generally, I will not follow people back on principle if they ask for one. It tends to mean that they are only interested in the number of followers they have. I am more likely to follow someone back if they tweet/RT me or I see them chatting to people I follow.

(I don't think I follow you though. What's your Twitter ID? - although be warned... if you're not an Aiden fan, I'm not interested!!:D)

"They" are @hausofpaparazzo and they do like Aiden, he was their DP around Christmas! :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 866
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The whole trending mess is ridiculous. Honestly, at this point, it won't make a difference. It will seem more annoying than anything.

I'm still a bit irked that we haven't heard any updates on Aiden's music...hope he's hard at work. Question about those pictures - is it still cold in England? I can't understand why he'd be wearing a jacket and a hoodie. It was 95 degrees out and humid here today! (Fahrenheit, of course :P )
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    xxrory wrote: »
    is it still cold in England? I can't understand why he'd be wearing a jacket and a hoodie. It was 95 degrees out and humid here today! (Fahrenheit, of course :P )

I am wearing opaque tights, dress and cardigan to work today. In June!!!!! This is ridiculous - where is the sun?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 866
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How 'bout some new music recommendations?... Here's some music I've been listening to....
    Suuns
    Danger Mouse and Daniele Luppi ft. Norah Jones
    Cults
    Austra
    Grouper
    tUnE-yArDs
    Twin Shadow

Enjoy!:p:D
    Just got around to listening to these. Alien Observer is absolutely amazing. It's what the period right before you fall asleep sounds like.
    I am wearing opaque tights, dress and cardigan to work today. In June!!!!! This is ridiculous - where is the sun?
    ....are you serious? It could not get any hotter. Today (well, since it is 4am here...even though i've yet to go to sleep) is supposed to be 100 degrees. Ridiculous! I'd much rather have the cold, though. Consider yourself lucky!! I literally sweat even when I'm outside for 5 minutes.

...although watching movies on my back porch is always the best plus about summertime.

Aiden-related comment: Aiden is great.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,395
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't believe #notomurs has got the xtra factor job! I think Iwould rather they brought Konnie back :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    xxrory wrote: »
    Just ....are you serious? It could not get any hotter. Today (well, since it is 4am here...even though i've yet to go to sleep) is supposed to be 100 degrees. Ridiculous! I'd much rather have the cold, though. Consider yourself lucky!! I literally sweat even when I'm outside for 5 minutes.

Aiden-related comment: Aiden is great.

In the words of TOWIE (not sure if that reference works across the pond?), I am well jel of that heat.

The lack of Aiden news leaves me struggling to come up with an Aiden-related comment...

Grimlings for Edmondson?
This discussion has been closed.