Sons of anarchy season 7 thread (spoilers)

Comments

• Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It wasn't the best series finale, but I think it was still a hell of a lot better than Dexter's.

Jax's end was predictable, but I didn't mind. I liked seeing the journey.

I didn't expect the betrayal of the Kings - I liked that.

I was surprised that they only made T.O. a member, and not the whole of the Grim Bastards, given the previous comments about "patching over" the whole club.

Also... they had that whole conversation about how T.O. deserved to be a full member, rather than start as a Prospect, only for them to then give him a Prospect cut for the rest of the episode!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 472
    Forum Member
    7 seasons of brilliance , loved every second of it .

iv watched the final episode 3 times today and im still not ready to say goodbye , i feel empty inside i loved the show that much .

#finalride
  • ItHasPotentialItHasPotential Posts: 7,817
    Forum Member
    loved every single moment of it, the whole and all.

gutted its over
  • deadmancarldeadmancarl Posts: 2,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was a good finale and answered most of the questions that where left, and I liked Jax that Jax tried to sort everything out for the club before the end.

Like most people have said we all expected Jax to die and he went out the correct way.
  • ACUACU Posts: 9,104
    Forum Member
    It was a fitting end to a great show. The end where alI the police in charming where chasing Jax at a smails pace was a bit cheesy, but I didnt mind that. I half expected a guy walking by would overtake all of them :D

All the lose ends were tied up nicely as you would expect from Kurt.

A great show, although the series in Ireland, was poor. My fav season was defiantly Season 6.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's funny reading the IMDB message board for SoA as a lot of people hate the finale compared to us, but I guess the difference is that most of us predicted the finale so it wasn't shocking.
  • circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    brilliant final scenes. the rest tied everything up so we got closure

but those final scenes, just wow!

its a series finale so the internet will hate but it hink real SOA fans will have loved it.

anyone know what the homeless women was about???
  • The_don1The_don1 Posts: 17,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the homeless women was who you want/thought her to be.

I think she is sort of a ghost/death/mayhem.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    grim reaper was what i thought

but having her physically give the rug thingy to jax would make her real? i would have directed that slightly different mr sutter so that there was never any physical contact.

but good stuff.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think that would have meant it was 100% a ghost and get the feeling Kurt wanted to keep it more open to the importatance of her to the story and who/what she was.

Then again in the world of the outlaw Mayhem/death/grim reaper I guess they are "real" so could make a sort of sense that way
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    when she first appeared in previous seasons i wondered if she was jax biological mum lol
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 472
    Forum Member
    i think the homeless woman was the angel of death or something along those lines , the camera panning onto the bottle of red wine and the bread seemed significant also her words "its time" , the very last picture was the bread on the roadside with what could be jax's blood or the red wine . i think you will see a lot of different opinions on this .
  • munkyfellovermunkyfellover Posts: 2,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I took the bread to signify the body of christ and the jax's blood the blood of christ. He did the whole Jesus pose towards the end and wrapping everything up before he left is absolving his disciples of their sins. Terrible.
  • TATTOO62TATTOO62 Posts: 405
    Forum Member
    I took the homeless woman to be death. The bread and wine or Ribena at the end I took to mean that she knew the exact spot where he would die and was there waiting for him. I didn't read any Jesus or forgiveness stuff into it at all.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bread and wine, The Son dying to clear the sins of his people, Milo's last words and the way Jax opened his arms to greet death and the converstion with his father near the end all I think lead to Kurt maybe thinking along the route of Jesus etc
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TATTOO62 wrote: »
    I took the homeless woman to be death. The bread and wine or Ribena at the end I took to mean that she knew the exact spot where he would die and was there waiting for him. I didn't read any Jesus or forgiveness stuff into it at all.

It's obvious.
  • cyfrincyfrin Posts: 1,197
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't you notice all the crows at the end? I think she was a black crow.....
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My poster of 10 characters now only has 2 survivors on it :o
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    CD93 wrote: »
    My poster of 10 characters now only has 2 survivors on it :o

Without looking, my guesses for the dead are:

Piney
    Opie
    Bobby
    Juice
    Jax
    Gemma
    Tara
    Half-Sack?

Survivors being Chibs and Tiggy.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I have to admit more people made it out of the last series than I thought would.
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dang. Forgot Clay. Swap him for Half-Sack in my list of guesses.
  • NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    Can't believe I didn't recognize Michael Chiklis. Nobody else looks or sounds like him FFS.

I was happy with the final season. This show has always been inconsistent IMO, so I'm glad it managed to end on a high.
    Also glad Gemma was killed - always hated her character.
  • hearts51hearts51 Posts: 2,470
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Must admit, I thought some other tragedy would kill all the prominent club members so to me for Jax to go the way he did was a bit of a downer
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NinjyBear wrote: »
    Can't believe I didn't recognize Michael Chiklis. Nobody else looks or sounds like him FFS.

I was happy with the final season. This show has always been inconsistent IMO, so I'm glad it managed to end on a high.
    Also glad Gemma was killed - always hated her character.

Even the debacle of a season in Ireland?
  • welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loved the ending and was sorry to see the programme end - who would have though Wendy would have ended up with the kids and loved Tigs ending up with Venus