Options

[Game] The Judges Factor [Possible Idea/ Launch]

yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,533
Forum Member
Hello All :)

I've been thinking of an idea for a game which necessarily hasn't been done before; I wanted to keep it fairly traditional, however be slightly different. So I came up with 'The Judges Factor'

The Game requires 4 judges to be taking part.

The Judges Factor doesn't have ordinary categories, however each judge on the panel will be given a specific judge from the TV Show; either a UK, US or OZ judge as identified below. Once the panel have been allocated their judge, they will pick their acts from any of those contestants that the said judge has mentored.

The 'Judges' are as below:
Simon Cowell [11 series]
Louis Walsh [11 series]
Sharon Osborne [5 series]
Dannii Minogue [6 Series]
Cheryl Cole [4 Series]
Gary Barlow [3 Series]
Tulisa Contastavlos [2 Series]
Kelly Rowland [2 Series]
Nicole Scherzinger [3 Series]
Mel B [3 Series]
L.A. Reid [2 Series]
Demi Lavato [2 Series]
Ronan Keating [5 Series]
Guy Sebastian [3 Series]
Natalie Bassingthwaite [4 Series]
Redfoo [2 Series]
Wildcard* (Kate Ceberano, Mark Holden, John Reid, Natalie Imbruglia, Kyle Sanidlands, Paula Abdul, Britney Spears, Paulina Rubio) [1 Series]

*I wasn't originally going to include the 1 Series judges, however then thought lob them together as a sort of 'wildcard' group so someone could potentially get them. Obviously some of the acts cross countries; Dannii and Nicole for instance and off course Mel B.

Therefore if one judge is allocated Gary Barlow, they have any of Gary's finalists from Series 8,9 and 10 to choose to mentor. If you are allocated Nicole Scherzinger you will have any act from series 9, 10 and US Series 1. Judges will be asked to select 4 acts - they can all be from the same series, completely different series be groups, overs, unders or overs.

In order for this to happen, the judges will be given a randomly generated number and each of the panel will be asked to pick a number between 1 and 17. One given, they will be told which Judge they can select acts from.

However before any of that, It's always good to gage some form of interest and to see if people want to be a judge. I've never run a game before - apart from the mahoosive ranking games; however I like to complain when I'm a judge on other people's games :D so thought I'd give it a go... then people can complain at me.

Anyway if people are interested then drop us a PM, expressing an interest and if you have any other experience on the games. You've got until next Saturday to send me a PM, obviously if there is interest then that may be shorter, if it dies on it's arse then again could be shorter :D

If something like the above has been done before then just say, however just thought it would be a bit different than just sticking to one series or one particular category :)

As I said looking for four judges ideally, then the fun can begin :)

Comments

• Options
    RabidWolverine1RabidWolverine1 Posts: 8,137
    Forum Member
    Great idea...I'm sure you'll get plenty of sign ups
  • Options
    SoppyfanSoppyfan Posts: 29,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember a game long ago called Battle Of The Judges which was hosted by Stephen. The format was different though so I think yours is actually quite unique. :)

I'm not sure if I'll sign up, because my mentoring career will be coming to an end soon...

Either way, I will most definitely be watching and I hope this takes off. :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the comments guys :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Just give this a wee morning bump
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ... and a wee evening one too :)
  • Options
    DiveInDiveIn Posts: 617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great idea David

I haven't mentored in AGES.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well if anyone is interested then drop us a PM - thanks for the comments so far though :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    In the wake of several games ending, I'd thought i'd give this a bump to see if there was any real interest
  • Options
    Barry_ClarkeBarry_Clarke Posts: 2,683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I want to do this please
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh yeah, I remember this...I'm retired now but I'm sure you'll have a good number of people joining up. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Soppyfan wrote: »
    Oh yeah, I remember this...I'm retired now but I'm sure you'll have a good number of people joining up. :)

Hopefully :D

If people are then just PM me and hopefully can get a crew of judges together for something in the new year :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the interest so far... I was right to bump this then :D
  • Options
    SoapAddict101SoapAddict101 Posts: 5,294
    Forum Member
    Yeah this sounds quite interesting to take part in. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yeah this sounds quite interesting to take part in. :)

Cool, thanks for the interest

Had a few PMs now showing interest so gonna see what happens over the next couple of days

I'll give people until Friday (26th Dec) to PM me and then I'll select and let people know of they've been successful or not :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Just to say due to the interest this game will go ahead - if people still are interest PM me, the succssful judges will be revealed over the weekend
  • Options
    Forum Member
    X mas bump
  • Options
    Kenneth_ChowKenneth_Chow Posts: 3,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have an idea for a game, but I don't think anyone would be interested in what I was going to propose...nor do I know where to start with my idea...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Just to say that the App to be a mentor will close this evening and then I will let the four successful people know over the weekend before revealing in the thread and giving details of which Judge the Mentors have to pick acts from :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The Judges have now been selected and confirmed and I think it's a strong diverse panel of judges :D

Anyway join us this evening when the judges will be revealed, also the categories for the chosen judges.... AND the acts which the judges are going to mentor throughout the series.

All will be revealed from 6PM this evening :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I shall be watching this very closely as a loyal viewer. :D
  • Options
    RabidWolverine1RabidWolverine1 Posts: 8,137
    Forum Member
    I shall be watching very closely as a semi loyal viewer :)

I want to watch but if an episode of Game of Thrones is on im basically out of the door :D
  • Options
    EndOfSanityEndOfSanity Posts: 15,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Soppyfan wrote: »
    I shall be watching this very closely as a loyal viewer. :D

I second this, hopefully this will be a good one to watch.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thanks everyone for the comments - hopefully this goes well :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 273
    Forum Member
    Looking forward to this. Hope I've been selected to be a judge.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hello and welcome to everyone and I guess seeing as I'm a kind of vocal forum member that's been around for a decade on here, it is possibly odd that I've never actually hosted a game before. I've been an irritating/ picky judge and won the odd series, however this is my first time hosting - so if it all goes tits up then my sincerest apologies to all involved :D.

First of all thanks to all those that applied to be a judge as part of the first panel for The Judges Factor!

The Series is set to run for 10 shows and will feature 16 acts (so as you can tell there are some double eliminations planned for a couple of the shows).

I'm going to start off introducing the panel and then go about the whole categories/ which acts are through to the shows. We have managed to get together a fairly good panel (IMO off course) to steer the first series and without further ado, I will begin by introducing the fabulous panel....