Philip Schofield

124»

Comments

• Molly BloomMolly Bloom Posts: 2,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sara Webb wrote: »
    I had a crush on him 20 years ago. :( I was a kid at the time, but I still cringe about it!

I loved him when I was a kid too. During his Going Live days he seemed like a fun, genuine, really cute guy. Maybe the arrogance came later, or he was just a very good actor. Who knows.
  • oathyoathy Posts: 32,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So he posts on the whole very Generic Photos with him smiling like trying to sell a timeshare in most of them. And he cant see what people's problem is with him?

He's gone worse since the Dawn of Twitter I cant think of anything worse for someone who already has a massive Ego knowing thousands of people are following every word you speak.
  • Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can remember in the mid-80s, when he first became a link-man between evening BBC1 kids' TV programmes, he irritated me with his silly playing to the gallery.
  • barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a let down. I thought the thread was going to be another Operation Yew Tree announcement.
  • oathyoathy Posts: 32,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can remember in the mid-80s, when he first became a link-man between evening BBC1 kids' TV programmes, he irritated me with his silly playing to the gallery.

and you just know he's the type of person who would look through forums like this. hope that's the case because sometimes people
    do get unfair comments but in his case.

How he kept his job earlier this year not only showed the power he's got at ITV but how lacking in any common sense he really is.
  • whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    oathy wrote: »
    and you just know he's the type of person who would look through forums like this. hope that's the case because sometimes people

How he kept his job earlier this year not only showed the power he's got at ITV but how lacking in any common sense he really is.

LOL *Hi Phil Smugfield*

That cursory glance at twitter he used as the basis for confronting the PM was beyond belief. I still feel for Ruth now, having to clean up his sorry mess. Phil, you're an idiot and why Waitrose see you fit to act as some wine connoisseur truly baffles me.
  • SirMickTravisSirMickTravis Posts: 2,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oathy wrote: »

I don't think it was a sacking offence. Pretty silly though.
  • Blue Eyed ladyBlue Eyed lady Posts: 6,007
    Forum Member
    I can't bear to watch anything the smug get is in, I struggle to decide who I dislike more, him or the smarmy twit, Jeremy Kyle.

Thankfully work helps me avoid the pair of them.
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just think- John Leslie's downfall was Schofe's salvation, to a large degree. As for Jeremy Kyle- no, never. The minute his smarmy face appears on whatever channel he's busy patronising on, I'm out.
  • La RhumbaLa Rhumba Posts: 11,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Had to resurrect this thread after Pip Schofe's $hit stirring jibes on DOI last night, then his total lack of awareness about it on TM. "Twitter had a sense of humour bypass" when he got criticism.

Can I add his 2 daughters aswell? They have inherited his smugness and arrogance, especially the older one, who is hanging on his coat tails on Twitter.

I was a Waitrose regular shopper, but am considering withdrawing my trade if they hand over my dosh to him with his poncey Wine Appreciation. ^_^

Lizzie Cundy is begging for votes for TM for Factual TV Prog in the TV Awards. If Pip and Willoughby win again I think I'll >:(
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    La Rhumba wrote: »
    Had to resurrect this thread after Pip Schofe's $hit stirring jibes on DOI last night, then his total lack of awareness about it on TM. "Twitter had a sense of humour bypass" when he got criticism.

Can I add his 2 daughters aswell? They have inherited his smugness and arrogance, especially the older one, who is hanging on his coat tails on Twitter.

Why? Did somebody dare to have an opinion that differed from his? Or did they have the audacity to criticise the dying duck that is DOI?! It has always been the bargain bucket equivalent of SCD. Even ITV has seen sense in finally axing it. :D

Everybody wants a slice of fame these days.....the likes of Chloe Madeley and the Schofe daughters already have a foot through the door.

It is the sheer narcissism of posting a half-hourly string of inanities via Twitter. Heck knows how these people existed prior to 2006! They would surely be hyperventilating if they couldn't share with the world their latest crumb of useless trivia!
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I was a Waitrose regular shopper, but am considering withdrawing my trade if they hand over my dosh to him with his poncey Wine Appreciation. ^_^

Lizzie Cundy is begging for votes for TM for Factual TV Prog in the TV Awards. If Pip and Willoughby win again I think I'll >:(

He's an arrogant pillock. I'm so glad that DOI is being axed if only because it means we'll see slightly less of Phil on television in the future.

He's completely unable to take any criticism whatever, or apologise when he may have been in the wrong. It's classic narcissistic behaviour, and sadly as long as ITV continue to feed his narcissism nothing is going to change. A little bird even tells me that he actually refers to himself as "Mr ITV". Tells you everything you need to know, just pure arrogance,

I do agree about the daughters as well. Smug, entitled and spoiled.
  • Julie_EvansJulie_Evans Posts: 2,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Couldn't agree more. I seriously dislike Schofield, such a pompous, up his own backside, little twerp >:(