Rambo : Last Blood

darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,621
Forum Member
✭✭
Could be good if pulled off correctly, I just hope that they don't make it a kiddie flick. >:(

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=122801

Comments

• treefr0gtreefr0g Posts: 23,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved the first film. At the time it pushed the boundaries of an action movie. The next 2 movies were a total let down for me with weak predictable story lines.
    I was expecting 'Rambo' to be much of the same but was pleasantly surprised. I've seen it a few times now and really like it. The only critisism I have is that it was a tad short ( around 80 minutes to the end credits, I believe ).

This one I think could go either way but I'll certainly be watching it on the merits of the last movie.

The title implies that this is the last outing so I do hope that it goes out with a bang.
  • Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I could've sworn Sly said he was done with Rambo & Rocky.

Saying that, the first was a good film and I quite liked the last installment even though, as treefrog says, a bit on the short side. And it had the old trope of having the hero winged. In this case hit with .50cal with enough force to knock him off his feet but doing no real damage. Also see original Predator film and Big Arn getting 'grazed' by a plasma shot, again, with enough force to knock him over but leaving just the tiniest scratch.
  • Philip WalesPhilip Wales Posts: 6,373
    Forum Member
    Stalone bought the rights to "Homefront" and that was going to be the last Rambo film, but then decided to let Jason Statham take the lead.
  • idlewildeidlewilde Posts: 8,698
    Forum Member
    I didn't like "Rambo", because it just felt like he stood on the back of that pickup and fired that machine gun at everyone for the entire second half of the movie.

Is Brian Dennehy still alive? Might be good to go out by coming full circle with another showdown with Will Teasle.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 472
    Forum Member
    nobody is a bigger rambo and rocky fan more than i am but this saddens me a little bit because i believe SS done a very good job bringing both sagas to an end in a tasteful and emotional way last time around . i just do not see the need to take the character any further .
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I read the book First Blood in about 1973, & when the film came out years later it seemed a pretty good interpretation of it from what I could remember. Didnt think much of the f ollow up films & they should call it a day now.
  • idlewildeidlewilde Posts: 8,698
    Forum Member
    I think that whatever the plot, the "Last Blood" should be Rambo's, i.e he should die.