Options

Chris Moyles.....Is it just me?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 406
Forum Member
My hand slipped this morning and I pressed the wrong button on the car radio, hitting radio 1 by mistake. I was gripped by 5 minutes of the Chris Moyles show. Is it just me or does anyone else think this guy is completely unfunny? Apart from the sycophantic gaggle of people in studio (reminds me of the old Chris Evans days), the 'chat' is about as interesting as listening to another group's conversation in the pub. What you think?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 251
    Forum Member
    I enjoy his show. Sometimes I wish he'd shut the f*ck up when he's ranting, but overall I thoroughly enjoy listening.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't mind Moyles too much, but think he's paid far too much for what he is, and it just over-inflates his opinion of himself.

Scott Mills is the one that's unfunny. I used to enjoy his show, but either it's gone downhill or i've matured...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love him! I've got quite a similar humour to him, and I don't think everyone realises he's being tongue in cheek.

I agree about Scott Mills. His show has really gone downhill.
  • Options
    Rugby RoseRugby Rose Posts: 13,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I kind of just have it on in the background when getting ready in the morning but he does really get on my paps when he just goes on and on about himself - I'm sure he thinks he's some superstar or something and he just plain annoys me when he goes into his rants.

I'm looking forward to the day I can get a DAB clock radio so I can listen to another channel with decent reception.
  • Options
    Miffy290580Miffy290580 Posts: 10,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love him! I've got quite a similar humour to him, and I don't think everyone realises he's being tongue in cheek.

I agree about Scott Mills. His show has really gone downhill.

Exactly, most of what he says is so tounge in cheek but people take it so seriously!! I bet he's really a very sweet guy under all that ;) I love his show it really sets me up for my day.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is there anyone out there that likes Chris Moyles AND Scott Mills?

I think they're both good actually :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No it's not just you dgjbear. I've never found him remotely funny.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

OMG ME!!

i am a member of unofficialmills.com and a "fan" of both moyles and mills on fbook.

I love listening to them on my commute and hate it when i go underground!!
  • Options
    SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, he's a pillock.

All the more reason to avoid Radio 1 where possible.
  • Options
    Mr BungleMr Bungle Posts: 965
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't stand Moyles.

I've never heard of the other bloke.
  • Options
    cressida100cressida100 Posts: 3,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dgjbear wrote: »
    My hand slipped this morning and I pressed the wrong button on the car radio, hitting radio 1 by mistake. I was gripped by 5 minutes of the Chris Moyles show. Is it just me or does anyone else think this guy is completely unfunny? Apart from the sycophantic gaggle of people in studio (reminds me of the old Chris Evans days), the 'chat' is about as interesting as listening to another group's conversation in the pub. What you think?

Personally I cannot stand the man!:)
  • Options
    Chilli DragonChilli Dragon Posts: 24,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like his radio show.

He's crap at TV presenting though.
  • Options
    BathshebaBathsheba Posts: 6,654
    Forum Member
    I hate him, he's not funny and I think he's a nasty piece of work.
  • Options
    gazwahgazwah Posts: 3,168
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The problem with radio one is that its not about music, to much talking and to many dj's who have no personality.
  • Options
    tombigbeetombigbee Posts: 4,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think his show can be funny but I don't like him personally. I think he can be pretty nasty to people calling in. Dominic and Comedy Dave are the best part of his show anyway!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,400
    Forum Member
    Chris Moyles:eek:..................err about as funny as woodworm in a beggars crutch. Another muppet fleecing the licence payers blind , as for the other monkeys who cakkle every time the organ grinder so much as opens his mouth , they realy do need dispensing with ASAP.. Scott Mills:eek:..............good grief , get this gonk farmed out to radio Wiltshire or somewhere.

Its amazing at how much consultants are paid to look at ways of saving the BBC money, yet anybody could save a fortune in about 15 minutes mereley by dishing out the p45's to about 95% of R1 , R2 & BBC1's presenters.

:)
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i cant stand him, hes to cocky and up himself
  • Options
    JonJonBJonJonB Posts: 2,051
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He clearly tries too hard to be funny, but even with all that effort he can't quite make it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 267
    Forum Member
    I do listen most mornings & also download the podcast but, I hate it when he calls his listeners/callers morons :mad:
    It may be said in jest but sometimes it seems it isn't - like this morning, a caller called Alex seemed to be singled out & I ended up feeling sorry for the poor bloke.

Chris Moyles needs to be brought down a peg, he forgets it takes more than him to make the breakfast show :rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think he's cute:o:o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think that he is just one of them people you either love or hate there is no in-between. I happen to in the category of love him and the whole breakfast show.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

yup!
    There the only 2 radio1 Dj's i like... well no i also like Zane Lowe... but theyre the only 2 daytime Dj's i like.

I enjoy Chris moyles because he doesnt play much music and its just banter which I enjoy most about the radio.

And Scott Mills has plays some reaaallllyyy good pranks!

Zane Lowe I like also mainly because he plays good music, but also because he always sounds so enthusiastic when hes on!
  • Options
    NathalieRNathalieR Posts: 16,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    While I realise most of what he shows is tongue in cheek i don't find him funny at all. He just reminds of me of lout and I find him quite rude as well.
  • Options
    garbage456garbage456 Posts: 8,225
    Forum Member
    dgjbear wrote: »

chris evans, fine
    johnnie vaughan, fine
    jamie theakston, fine
    nick ferrari, fine
    chris moyles, I just dont get him.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 319
    Forum Member
    Aaarg, no, Zane Lowe. Like the music, can't stand the presenting style. He's fine when he's interviewing or on the TV, but that shouting thing he does on the radio isn't 'innovative' or 'original', it's just unnecessary. 'This is an amazing track,' he says 'turn it up loud'. Well, Mr Lowe, I would if you weren't shouting over the top of it!

As for Moyles, I used to like his show a few years back, but I just find him irritating now and wish he'd shut up and just play some music. I would switch to Radio 2 if Wogan wasn't so damn irritating with his...pausing...delivery. Doesn't matter how many Jonathan Rosses you've got on R2, as long as Wogan's around it's still Radio Quiet.