Options

Chris Moyles.....Is it just me?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 223
    Forum Member
    I like him but talks far to much like most radio stations these days. And playing a song you like and talking over it pisses me off like the radio signal going under a bridge on the motorway.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 376
    Forum Member
    I quickly switch over if he's on tv / radio
  • Options
    srhugosrhugo Posts: 3,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is there anyone out there that likes Chris Moyles AND Scott Mills?

I think they're both good actually :p

I respect them both as broadcasters and realise that they are entertaining. However, I don't purposefully listen to either of them.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I listen to radio opne every day in work, I like him,
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Radio one is an embarrassment - it's just egotistical presenters overhyping musical no-talents :sleep:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    WHat are the ratings doing for the radio 1 Breakfast show? It seems hardly anyone can stand the bloke. I for one think he's funny and has a great crew around him.
    I do think he should keep off the telly though as he is one ugly f****er.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a pile of poo. But occasionally a dry poo (as in no wipe needed!)

Chris is hit and miss with me. His style of broadcasting also sucks. There are often massive pauses and silence whilst he thinks of something uninteresting to say. Also when he mentions something he takes it too far. A point that could be made in one sentence is strung out for a 10 minute link.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 146
    Forum Member
    www.pollthepeople.com are running a poll to vote for the UK's favourite breakfast DJ.....

I can guess who most of you won't be voting for!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 406
    Forum Member
    ~becky~ wrote: »
    If it was so bad, why were you gripped for 5 minutes?

Gripped by how bad it was....kinda like when you come accross a road accident and can't help ya self look! But I guess I am out of step. Listened again this week to see if I had missed anything given the comments here...don't think my point of view has changed.
    See Chris M is in the lead in the breakfast show poll as well!
  • Options
    cass19cass19 Posts: 328
    Forum Member
    I like Chris Moyles and their must be plenty of people who agree with me considering the millions of listeners he gets every morning.

If you don't like the show, switch over to another station:mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 406
    Forum Member
    Millions of people want to bring back public hanging though.....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 146
    Forum Member
    He was winning yeah, but now Wogan's got a massive lead! Interesting...:confused:
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I really like him - he is so hilarious sometimes as well
  • Options
    LilaLila Posts: 6,780
    Forum Member
    I'm one of the people he tells to sod off and don't listen if I don't like it. Only since he started going on at half 6. I liked wakening up listening to JK & Joel then him on at 7. Him dribbling on about a load of crap at 6.30am is too much for me.
  • Options
    pricesoutpricesout Posts: 3,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't mind Moyles too much, but think he's paid far too much for what he is, and it just over-inflates his opinion of himself.

Scott Mills is the one that's unfunny. I used to enjoy his show, but either it's gone downhill or i've matured...

He can be funny, but I can only take him in small doses.

He has a body for radio too. I saw him on the F word and he is enormous
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CC001 wrote: »
    He was winning yeah, but now Wogan's got a massive lead! Interesting...:confused:

Do not like Moyles and his cronies, I have switched to another station in the mornings as he did my head in listening to his drivel at 6.30 in the morning, to much.
  • Options
    jarryhackjarryhack Posts: 5,076
    Forum Member
    I stopped listening to Radio 1 on a morning months ago cos I am sick of Chris Moyles wittering on about crap all. And his sidekicks butt kissing him. He's not remotely funny. .Shame is I love radio 1 and listen to it at other times. Time for him go very soon I think.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jarryhack wrote: »
    I stopped listening to Radio 1 on a morning months ago cos I am sick of Chris Moyles wittering on about crap all. And his sidekicks butt kissing him. He's not remotely funny. .Shame is I love radio 1 and listen to it at other times. Time for him go very soon I think.

While he has 8m listeners I don't think he'll be going anywhere anytime soon.
  • Options
    chipstick10chipstick10 Posts: 7,168
    Forum Member
    dgjbear wrote: »
    My hand slipped this morning and I pressed the wrong button on the car radio, hitting radio 1 by mistake. I was gripped by 5 minutes of the Chris Moyles show. Is it just me or does anyone else think this guy is completely unfunny? Apart from the sycophantic gaggle of people in studio (reminds me of the old Chris Evans days), the 'chat' is about as interesting as listening to another group's conversation in the pub. What you think?

How funny you should write this because almost the same thing happened to me. I always listen to my ipod when on treadmill but i forgot to charge it and was forced to listen to radio 1 chris moyles show. Firstly i was shocked at how 25 mins into walking he only played two songs and the rest......well what a pile of sh**. Agree about the sycophantic gaggle of people. He had Ian Wright on when i was listening and it was a complete love in. His ego is huge. He is unpleasant, rude, and his ego nos no bounds. He is also a prize sycophant to his guests. Yuk, i think i would rather lisaten to johnny vaughn.:(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 506
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i love chris moyles! listen to him every morning and nearly always late for work as cant get ready for sitting laughing out loud at whats going on
  • Options
    JoannexxJoannexx Posts: 1,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For a long time I tuned in every day and loved the show. Now I can't bear it. He talks way too much and isn't funny but his mates in the studio are in hysterics, it makes me cringe. I think he is too into his own hype and it spoiled the show for me. I have started listening to cd's in the car
  • Options
    DDRickyDDDDRickyDD Posts: 5,252
    Forum Member
    He's an idiot who is so up himself it's unbelievable. He talks about mindless crap in that show when he should be playing music.
  • Options
    Hootie McBoobHootie McBoob Posts: 417
    Forum Member
    dgjbear wrote: »
    My hand slipped this morning and I pressed the wrong button on the car radio, hitting radio 1 by mistake. I was gripped by 5 minutes of the Chris Moyles show. Is it just me or does anyone else think this guy is completely unfunny? Apart from the sycophantic gaggle of people in studio (reminds me of the old Chris Evans days), the 'chat' is about as interesting as listening to another group's conversation in the pub. What you think?

I couldn't agree more, he is shite above and beyond the call of duty
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 138
    Forum Member
    I'm on the unpopular side, I guess!

I listen every morning - I get a good laugh out of it in the hour or so that I'm getting ready for, and after a while you start to feel like a part of the team (as stupid as that sounds).
    I don't care about Chris's ego, it's all a joke anyway, people say he's egotistical so he hams it up on purpose. I love the Monday Night Pub Quiz, the Parodies, and Dominic, because he's so ditzy for a man his age! :)

Fair play if you've tried and it's not your cup of tea, but if you flip on for 5 minutes they're probably halfway through a feature or a conversation, so you'll probably switch off thinking "that's stupid." There's no point in putting something on, expecting to not like it, just so you can say you hate it to the rest of the world.
  • Options
    Red ArrowRed Arrow Posts: 10,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Your not the only one. I too listen to him every day and love the chat between him and his team. It doesn't sound stupid at all thinking your part of the team, I do too.

I was also lucky enough to be able to get tickets to his recent UK karaoke tour and had one of the best nights in a long time seeing him in person.