Options

MacDonalds give children ballons, no one else cares

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,341
    Forum Member
    It is only junk food if consumed all the time. Like all eating the key is variety.

It's MY food, MY body, MY choice and I've never seen parents drasgging their kids into mcDonalds against their own free will. McDonalds and other pllaces like PIZZA HUT, KFC, Burger KIng etc DON'T force people into their places at gunpoint, tie them to chairs and force feed the food down their throats. But I've been to the Christmas market in Manchester's Piccadilly Gardens had had REAL venison and Wild Boar burgers from one of the4 stalls and found them to be bigger and tastier but more expensive than Maccy D's.
    Anyway, Subway do it as well but NOBODY slags them off.
  • Options
    FOXPRESIDENTFOXPRESIDENT Posts: 4,144
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shame on all restaurants in the UK :mad:who do bugger all for kids. Good old McD's give out balloons and have plenty of stuff for children.

and its cheap and quick.:)

Yes it is cheap and quick.

Example

Family A

Take themselves out for a meal in a restaurant, with two cihldren, family A spend a total £42.00.
    Children had some family time with parents, children used knife and forks. staff were friendly and kind, but did not provide any games for the children.

Family B

Take themselves out for a meal in a restaurant, with two children. Family B Spend a total of 11.00
    Children recieved some free goodies, and a balloon. Spent some time with parents. Children's faces and hands had to be wiped clean at end of meal.

So - which would you prefer? Junk food and clever marketing tool that pursuades children to eat un-healthy.

Or a 3 course meal with some good healthy food! ?

To be honest i got distracted and I missed my original point... :o
  • Options
    PencilPencil Posts: 5,700
    Forum Member
    I lived on McDonalds as a child (more or less) and it hasn't done me any harm.

I have a normal BMI, always have, I eat sensibly and I've never been fat. My health is also top notch.

I still eat McDonalds once or twice a week and it's filling, tasty grub. I don't see why any child should be denied the immense pleasure a McDonalds meal brings, especially as it is completely harmless.

Just don't order too much, don't eat it every day and eat healthy foods as well. Also, keep fat children away from it.
  • Options
    tongs ya basstongs ya bass Posts: 731
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    price is the key factor. space too, clean toilets, balloons, quick, kids will eat what they get, ketchup they can get, toys

so many plus points
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,455
    Forum Member
    I feed my kids only organic, home cooked, healthy food. No chocolate, sugar, sweets, crisps, Mc Donalds or anything like that.

Anyone that does otherwise is such a shit parent bringing their children up to poor food and should have their children taken away :rolleyes:

Tbh I think strict, posh and snobby parents do more harm than good.
  • Options
    Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They used to give ballons away when I was a kid (in the 80's/90's).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,341
    Forum Member
    Not many alternatives to McD's coming forward!

Southern Eleven in the Manchester Arndale foodcourt're good. and for £5.75 you get decent portions and two side orders. While I'm here I might as well mention the new Harry Ramsdens which has recently opened there as well but if you want a really tasty alternative tp a big Mac, try the burger stall in the Christmas Market in Piccadilly Gardens where they sell Venison, Wild Boar and Lamb burgers at £3.50 and I suggest that you get over there and get one while they're still open.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,455
    Forum Member
    Mc Donalds actually put nutritional information on nearly all of their products, including ingredients and things like calories, salt, sugar, fat etc.

The kids meals aren't as bad as the snobs on here would think.
  • Options
    KJ44KJ44 Posts: 38,093
    Forum Member
    Confusing wrote: »
    I feed my kids only organic, home cooked, healthy food. No chocolate, sugar, sweets, crisps, Mc Donalds or anything like that.

Psychologically, you've made them into axe murderers, but whenever they try to top their victim, they feel soooo tired, and have a lie-down instead, right?
  • Options
    cosmocosmo Posts: 26,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    McDonalds are the biggest toy distributor in the world.

They beat Toys r Us hands down.

True.
  • Options
    Plant_PiePlant_Pie Posts: 3,947
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not many alternatives to McD's coming forward!

Theres always the ole swap the chips for carrot sticks :P

Dont see the issue.Long as they're having it say like someone said every hoilday and still be balanced.Used to do that as a kid no health issues or anything.Cant stand the stuff now unless hungover lol..but hey

Pizza hut do balloons.Sometimes.Aint seen a balloon in McDs for ages! Ones round me anyway..they're the non child friendly one lol
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mc Donalds actually put nutritional information on nearly all of their products, including ingredients and things like calories, salt, sugar, fat etc.

Thats a very good point.

I dread to think what the nutritional content of a Wacky Warehouse chicken nugget would be. Now thats a place that deserves all the food snobbery it gets! McDonalds doesn't.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

There was an undercover dispatches investigation a while back on ready made sandwiches, they found that McDonalds food was healthier then some of the higher ranking convenience outlets.
  • Options
    tingramretrotingramretro Posts: 10,974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GOGO2 wrote: »
    Thats a very good point.

I dread to think what the nutritional content of a Wacky Warehouse chicken nugget would be. Now thats a place that deserves all the food snobbery it gets! McDonalds doesn't.

What in God's name is a 'Wacky Warehouse'? Is that a real chain?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It's the name of the play place in Brewsters.
  • Options
    rockerchickrockerchick Posts: 9,255
    Forum Member

Do they still exist? I take my daughter to a former wacky warehouse but it was taken over by another company and the food is delicious! For my daughter i got her pizza, twizzlers and carrots.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do they still exist? I take my daughter to a former wacky warehouse but it was taken over by another company and the food is delicious! For my daughter i got her pizza, twizzlers and carrots.

It's been a while but I'm pretty sure their still around. Last time I went I had a burger on a stale bun with zero salad (despite the picture on the menu clearly having salad on the burger:mad:) with ovan chips and a flat coke. The kids had pizza that looked like the kind of pizza you get 4 for £1 in Iceland.

Give me a big Mac any day!
  • Options
    Granny McSmithGranny McSmith Posts: 19,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Balloons are bad for wildlife and should be banned.

Typical of Macdonalds to give them away.
  • Options
    DeniseDenise Posts: 12,961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Balloons are bad for wildlife and should be banned.

Typical of Macdonalds to give them away.

I suppose it depends on what you do with the balloon. I really can't see why they would be worse than many other household things once put in the bin when burst. Rings on beer cans have always been a bigger problem.
  • Options
    TheEricPollardTheEricPollard Posts: 11,582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think there should be more ballooons in the world
  • Options
    Granny McSmithGranny McSmith Posts: 19,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Denise wrote: »
    I suppose it depends on what you do with the balloon. I really can't see why they would be worse than many other household things once put in the bin when burst. Rings on beer cans have always been a bigger problem.

Balloons can float off and end up being eaten by marine life and such. But perhaps Macdonalds balloons don't. I don't know, I've never taken a child there.

You are right, other things are bad too, but the OP mentioned balloons.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,239
    Forum Member
    I think wacky warehouses do still exist, although the one that used to be near me isn't anymore, so I can't be sure. It is just that kind of food that is microwaved or deep fried,when everything is processed and bought in ready made, even the omlettes which is scary. A pre-cooked defrosted omlette, mouth watering.

I can't be doing with food snobbery at all, my son eats McDonalds, all his friends do and he enjoys them, they are no worse than loads of other processed and refined foods. I am very anti processessing and refining where possible, and trans fats (yuck) but I don't inflict that upon him - he knows my views, he puts the ground seeds on his porridge in the morning, and he also just eats what the hell he wants when he wants. I doubt he will be 18 and still wanting sherbert saucers as a main meal, kids do not do well when food is made a big issue in my opinion.
  • Options
    LaChatteGitaneLaChatteGitane Posts: 4,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Vixen wrote: »
    Perhaps best you eat at home.:D

Why is that then ?
    I think you missed my point.
  • Options
    SadPeterPanSadPeterPan Posts: 85
    Forum Member
    It is a load of crap. My son was staying at a school friends over the weekend and I hit the roof when I heard the boy's mother had taken them to McDonalds. That's his first and last Happy Meal
  • Options
    The VixenThe Vixen Posts: 9,829
    Forum Member
    It is a load of crap. My son was staying at a school friends over the weekend and I hit the roof when I heard the boy's mother had taken them to McDonalds. That's his first and last Happy Meal

You hit the roof?

Your kid will end up billy no mates who won't get invited anywhere. Making your child a social pyriah will hurt him more than the occasional McDonalds.

Chill pops it's just crap food once in a while I bet he really had fun with his mates eating rubbish.