Last Movie You Watched? (Part 6)

Comments

• Johnny ClayJohnny Clay Posts: 5,326
    Forum Member
    The Princess Bride

Heaps of fun and lots of droll humour in this evergreen, deeply charming comedy/fantasy/romance. The cast are fantastic as well. One of those films they don't seem to know how to make any more, where everyone has their own favourite bit or line ("dream of large women.." etc). How could anyone dislike this film? It's inconceivable. 9/10
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Ultimate Gift

Some hokum about the Grandson of a rich tycoon who is left a series of 'gifts' when his Grandpa passes away.

These gifts teach him to grow as a human being. He starts off as an asshat.

I normally like these kinds of movies but this one didn't seem to gel together.

I didn't want to root for the main character either so felt very indifferent to what I was watching.

The relationship he forms with a Mother caring for a sick child seems forced.

Disappointed.

4/10.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "My Week With Marilyn"

8/10

I loved it although I was expecting a quaint essentially English film. I thought Michelle Williams deserved an Oscar. Her portrayal of Marilyn didn't focus on the ditzy blond but gave a much more rounded sense of who she was.

( :o Eddie Redmayne was easy on the eye, too)
  • teenage-monkeyteenage-monkey Posts: 2,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Broken - 7/10
    Side Effects - 6/10
    Oz - 7/10
    Cloud Atlas - 6/10
    Django Unchained - 9/10
    Zero Dark Thirty - 9/10
    Argo - 8/10
    Stoker - 6/10
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,973
    Forum Member
    I'm watching Black Swan at the moment.
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,373
    Forum Member
    Fly Away Home

Another movie which is pretty much perfect, with no reasons whatsoever to dislike it.
  • The AmbassadorThe Ambassador Posts: 5,631
    Forum Member
    Freeway (1996) 7/10

Shocking, but very funny modern day take on Little Red Hood.

Reese Witherspoon is hilarious.
  • fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A Film called

40 days and 40 nights

It was on Syfy channel and was a low budget 2012 rip of from The Asylum.
    I found it was an average syfy film and would give it a 4 out of 10.
  • guernseysnailguernseysnail Posts: 18,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nativity...6/10

Wtched this with the family this pm....I was a bit disappointed, I thought it was going to be much better,,:(
  • AvidianAvidian Posts: 6,049
    Forum Member
    Jack Reacher (2012)

IMDb Rating: 7.2/10 - 34179 votes

A thriller adapted from Lee Child's 2005 novel "One Shot".

Written and directed by Christopher McQuarrie, staring Tom Cruise.

Rating: 1/10

I wish I had done something else with my time.

It was nice seeing Robert Duvall.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chronicle - mmmmm, 6.8/10 Other than trailers I had no idea what it was about. The special effects were a nice distraction from the tedious teen angst that it was really about and the crappy Blair Witch/Cloverfield camera perspective. This doesn't create tension, it creates annoyance!!! Stop it.

Fell asleep just after he goes mental at the hospital and woke up when his mate was in Tibet. Probably won't rush to see if I missed anything.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    Started to watch Haunting in Connecticut :eek:

had to stop it as i found it abit scary ..it was in the old section in Blockbuster at 99p to rent so it wasnt really that much :eek:
  • TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Made in Dagenham - 7/10. Based on a true event during the 1960s. Unusually perky and optimistic for a British film. I liked it.
  • TardisSteveTardisSteve Posts: 8,077
    Forum Member
    Rocky Balboa - 7/10 - very good film, better than i thought would be, not as good as the previous films though
  • Littlegreen42Littlegreen42 Posts: 19,964
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mama - 5/10

- Completely let down, wasn't scared at any point and none of it made sense!
  • SexSex Posts: 44,161
    Forum Member
    Oz the great 10/10,

so many LOL moments
  • Johnny ClayJohnny Clay Posts: 5,326
    Forum Member
    Splice

Ambitious but ultimately rather silly SF/horror hybrid which, for all its modern ideas, never fully betrays its standard B-movie DNA.

Scientists play God. Mayhem ensues. Will they ever learn? 6/10
  • bazzaroobazzaroo Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member
    Killer Joe - Sordid tale of poor white trailer trash and their plot to kill a family member to collect the insurance. Some scenes are hard to watch but the outrageously good performances from all the main cast (especially Juno Temple) make this compelling viewing 8.5/10
  • ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    The Awakening (2011)

The twisty ghost mystery set in a big old house has been done better than this but it looks good and is worth a watch.
  • TardisSteveTardisSteve Posts: 8,077
    Forum Member
    The Million Pound Note - 9/10 - fantastic film, Gregory Peck is fantastic as "The Millionaire"
  • WillbertWillbert Posts: 1,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looper.

6/10 - It was "ok", not as interesting as I had been told.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel.
    Got it for Mum yesterday. Pretty rubbish middle of the road stuff tbh. But I guess im not the targeted audience . Still she enjoyed it :cool:
  • TH14TH14 Posts: 11,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Lucky One..nothing new and typical romantic mush but I did enjoy it 8/10
  • newkid30newkid30 Posts: 7,797
    Forum Member
    The Sessions
    I was a bit disappointed, I mean the acting was good, but I had a few gripes. Firstly John Hawkes looked WAY too old for the part, I know that's a minor thing but it states that he's 38 but he looks (and is) in his 50's.
    I say all of that as a huge fan of his work, this is controversial, but I think it's the least impressive role I've seen him in.
    I was abit uneasy with Helen Hunts character, her motivations and well I'm not sure about how you would categorize her job, very grey area. I would have liked to know more about the patients background, his sister dieing etc. I was not THAT interested in the mechanics of sex, given that that was the subject matter I probably should not have watched the film, it was billed and hyped as much more than what it is, decent performances and a mildly interesting story.
    6/10
  • JackappleJackapple Posts: 854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Master - 7/10

Not exactly enjoyable but worth it just for the acting
This discussion has been closed.