• Options
    stargazer61stargazer61 Posts: 70,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sandra's dress looks like an overall
  • Options
    NaturalDancerNaturalDancer Posts: 5,152
    Forum Member
    I like the dress Michelle made - she hasn't done it well though.
  • Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,549
    Forum Member
    Andagha wrote: »
    Oooh Ann wasn't too happy that Patrick recommended something to her. Her face was like she was chewing lemons..lol

:D She was a bit miffed.
  • Options
    AndaghaAndagha Posts: 31,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Mark surprised himself with that dress, he had done if brilliantly too I thought.
  • Options
    lynwood3lynwood3 Posts: 24,904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D:D:D No, he never spent very much on himself! During his last days, I nursed him at home and he was often cuddled under one of the quilts I had made.... when he died, we wrapped him in it so he had something special in the coffin with him....and they both went off to the crematorium!

That brought a tear to my eye.:cry:
  • Options
    muddipawsmuddipaws Posts: 3,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just when we thought that reality tv couldn't scrape any lower we get a sewing competition on BBC2 from the people that brought us the Great British Bake Off.

Hosted by Claudia Winkleman it features 8 contestants being set three tasks each week before two are voted off by expert judges.

Not sure how well this will do with it being BBC2 but I expect the first show will have many viewers tuning in just to see what it is all about.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2297051/After-Bake-Offs-success-The-Great-British-Sewing-Bee-revive-fortunes-traditional-craft-predict-shows-judges.html

I'm not into sewing at all but I do like the show so there lol
  • Options
    sandydunesandydune Posts: 10,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The music when they showed Mark's dress.:D

Mark did a good job with the dress he made.:D
  • Options
    stargazer61stargazer61 Posts: 70,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lynwood3 wrote: »
    That brought a tear to my eye.:cry:

It just felt right...and very personal!:)
  • Options
    trio1trio1 Posts: 163
    Forum Member
    Aw Michelle. A nice girl, but she went a bit mad with the reversible thing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    muddipaws wrote: »
    I'm not into sewing at all but I do like the show so there lol

There's quite a few of us so yah boo sucks to soapfan :p
  • Options
    guernseysnailguernseysnail Posts: 18,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well I'll be back next week, I really enjoyed that!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    hahahaha loved that - "Just an excuse to look at his bum" :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oooh are they making trousers for Mr Grant next week ? Mmmm measuring up his leg..goody!!
  • Options
    trio1trio1 Posts: 163
    Forum Member
    There'd better be a bum closeup!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mmm well I think I am going to be watching this weekly, I'm actually quite liking it. Never thought they could pull off a show about sewing but looks like they have :D
  • Options
    SuzeSuze Posts: 879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I enjoyed that and I'm looking forward to next week! A nice bunch of contestants.
  • Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,549
    Forum Member
    Ann gets a bit ratty next week :rolleyes: She also needs a tad more glue for her gnashers :D
  • Options
    guestofsethguestofseth Posts: 5,303
    Forum Member
    I really enjoyed that, it's the kind of programme only the BBC (well, BBC2) could pull off imo, they stuck to the GBBO pattern and it worked out well for them. Could have done with a few more history bits though, they are my favourite part of GBBO.

Loved Ann, definitely my favourite of the contestants, liked them all really but Stuart did annoy me a bit.
  • Options
    lynwood3lynwood3 Posts: 24,904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    trio1 wrote: »
    There'd better be a bum closeup!!!

Behave!

I don't think you are taking this seriously enough :D
  • Options
    nick202nick202 Posts: 9,919
    Forum Member
    Oooh are they making trousers for Mr Grant next week ? Mmmm measuring up his leg..goody!!

I'll warm up my tape measure ready
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Absolutely loved this. Looking forward to next week.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Years ago there used to be a lot of sewing programmes on TV with the likes of Betty Foster and Leila Atkin. I always have happy memories of those programmes watching them as a child and learned a lot about sewing from them, such programmes would not be out of place now I feel.

I did not like tonight's new series at all. I have sewn for many years and feel that sewing like this does not fit somehow into the reality tv genre.
  • Options
    SCD-ObserverSCD-Observer Posts: 18,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

When measuring to make trousers, there is a point you have to measure the crotch depth. I am not making this up.:D
  • Options
    CaminoCamino Posts: 13,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wasnt sure about this when i read the title and Im not into sewing at all but watching other people use their skills is fascinating, loved it!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Suze wrote: »
    I enjoyed that and I'm looking forward to next week! A nice bunch of contestants.

I agree.
    I really enjoyed that, it's the kind of programme only the BBC (well, BBC2) could pull off imo, they stuck to the GBBO pattern and it worked out well for them. Could have done with a few more history bits though, they are my favourite part of GBBO.

Loved Ann, definitely my favourite of the contestants, liked them all really but Stuart did annoy me a bit.

The bit about the start of commercial patterns was good.
    I like Stuart. And while I did like Ann and she did a wonderful job, she doesn't take critcism well.