"Kill the Moon" Spoiler-Free Reviews

1235»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 370
    Forum Member
    I've put the DWO Spoiler-Free Preview in another thread. You'll have to find it!

Kidding! :p

http://news.drwho-online.co.uk/87-Kill-the-Moon-DWO-Spoiler-Free-Preview.aspx
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 370
    Forum Member
    Deleted because....nope, I'm baffled. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 178
    Forum Member
    mboon wrote: »
    And finally..... Outpost Skaro's Spoiler Free Review.

http://www.outpostskaro.com/2014/10/03/the-skaro-review-kill-the-moon-reviewed-by-eddie-mcguigan/

Have to say, Mcguigan's reviews are ones I always respect, if not always agree with (can't the same about the site he writes for). However, this one seems rambling and messy...mainly because most of it isn't a preview of Kill The Moon! ;-)

This isn't actually billed as a spoiler free review. It does avoid giving to much detail, but I found it more spoilery than the other reviews. Just thought I'd warn everyone.
  • saladfingers81saladfingers81 Posts: 11,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah. That wasn't anything like Spoiler free. Shouldn't have read it. Damn.
  • inspector drakeinspector drake Posts: 910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It wouldn't be difficult to argue that, but I wouldn't be the one to do it.
    For example, I think Nine and Twelve are far more similar than Ten or Eleven are to either of them.
    I think Eleven and Twelve both have a distinct ''alien-ness'' that isn't present in 10 at all. For instance, a story such as ''The Lodger'' would probably work just as well with Capaldi, with the Doctor's weirdness alienating the human guest cast. A story like that just wouldn't work with the much more charismatic Tenth Doctor (not that that's a bad thing. Ten's charisma is one of the things I like about his Doctor).

One thing I find annoying is this idea of how similar Smith and Tennant were. The only episode in which I see Eleven behaving anything like Ten is ''The Eleventh Hour'' and not only was that gone by the end of the episode, it seems to be standard for Moffat's ''New Doctor'' episodes as Capaldi was pretty much playing the Eleventh Doctor until the last ten minutes of ''Deep Breath''.
  • DogmatixDogmatix Posts: 2,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not really looking forward to tonight's episode... all this talk of 'dark' and a 'terrible decision' resulting in rather bad news for someone... I don't like 'dark'. Dr Who is supposed to be entertaining, not 'dark'. Why do we need 'dark'?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dogmatix wrote: »
    I'm not really looking forward to tonight's episode... all this talk of 'dark' and a 'terrible decision' resulting in rather bad news for someone... I don't like 'dark'. Dr Who is supposed to be entertaining, not 'dark'. Why do we need 'dark'?

Because... it would teach the young 'uns that...sometimes good people have to do bad things? And life is complicated like that?

I'm not sure what answer you'd accept. If we didn't have dark, we wouldn't know light, right?
  • Granny McSmithGranny McSmith Posts: 19,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Dark is as entertaining as light, it's just a different sort of entertaining. The fact that DW can do both adds to it's appeal. How boring if every episode was like Robot of Sherwood. How great that we can have a series with Robot of Sherwood and Kill the Moon. Caters for all tastes. :)
  • DogmatixDogmatix Posts: 2,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Incidentally, if the moon
    is destroyed/deleted/removed from orbit, it would have all sorts of nasty consequences for Earth. Remember Space 1999?
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Eleven and Twelve both have a distinct ''alien-ness'' that isn't present in 10 at all. For instance, a story such as ''The Lodger'' would probably work just as well with Capaldi, with the Doctor's weirdness alienating the human guest cast. A story like that just wouldn't work with the much more charismatic Tenth Doctor (not that that's a bad thing. Ten's charisma is one of the things I like about his Doctor).

The Lodger actually started life as a 10th Doctor Comic strip. Though In the original he was living with Mickey who of course already knew who he was.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 178
    Forum Member

Because it's deep, and lovely, and we'd never see the stars without it.
  • AA2009AA2009 Posts: 8,378
    Forum Member
    Seems like the pre-air reviews overhyped this episode a bit. Wasn't really "dark" and the "terrible decison" didn't play out as well as expected.