I'm disgusted by the "what customers do to annoy you" thread

Charcole911Charcole911 Posts: 6,353
Forum Member
The people in there moaning about having to do their jobs, badmouthing customers etc.. It puts me off going into a shop. During working hours you are paid to serve the public. Some of the public might not be the brightest at times, but they could have autism, learning difficulties or disrupted childhoods. You deal with it by playing dumb and being professional.

The customer is always right, and customer service standards in this country are on par with dog poop on the pavement. Its no wonder the country is facing economic turmoil. :rolleyes:

Do your jobs, or go serve in Afghanistan for a year!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,470
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Then why not post your comments in the thread you're commenting on?
  • chocoholic100chocoholic100 Posts: 6,411
    Forum Member
    dont go into shops anymore
    problem solved
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ha ha love it.
  • RubricalRubrical Posts: 2,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't you ever vent about your job? That's all the thread is - venting. It's not nice when customers are rude.
  • spkxspkx Posts: 14,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The people in there moaning about having to do their jobs, badmouthing customers etc.. It puts me off going into a shop. During working hours you are paid to serve the public. Some of the public might not be the brightest at times, but they could have autism, learning difficulties or disrupted childhoods. You deal with it by playing dumb and being professional.

The customer is always right, and customer service standards in this country are on par with dog poop on the pavement. Its no wonder the country is facing economic turmoil. :rolleyes:

or they could just be rude *****
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 200
    Forum Member
    Have you ever worked the general public before, trying to help someone when all they can be is damn right rude.

Some customers can be a pleasure to serve, the majority are fine. But some I have been glad to see the back of!
  • HurlleyHurlley Posts: 2,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thats why immigrants are stealing all their jobs they want to do it! all the night shift work has been stolen once they learn English we really are ****ed.
  • rufnek2k6rufnek2k6 Posts: 4,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It is this view that causes customers to become complete a-holes which makes the retail staff feel the need to vent their frustrations in a thread like that. The moment you stop believing in the customer always being right (they are right on rare occassions), you will recognise the truth in their views.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    horns wrote: »
    Then why not post your comments in the thread you're commenting on?

Not enough attention.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What you have to remember is that

people are stupid, mostly.
  • AzagothAzagoth Posts: 10,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some of the public might not be the brightest at times, but they could have autism, learning difficulties or disrupted childhoods.

Although in reality, the likely thing is that they're just divs!
  • crazychris12crazychris12 Posts: 26,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with the OP. Shop-keepers and workers are there to serve the customers who are always right remember, They should stop moaning or do another job. We pay their wages so have a right to good service and smiling faces every time.
  • Button62Button62 Posts: 8,463
    Forum Member
    The OP has obviously never worked with the public ;)

Rude, aggressive, drunk, condescending, smelly, overly familiar and trying to tell me what I sell in my own shop ( wrongly )

That was just today and before 11.30am. It's no picnic I tell you.
  • s2ks2k Posts: 7,419
    Forum Member
    The customer is always right
    Yeah, a right pain in the arse.
  • GirthGirth Posts: 12,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hurlley wrote: »
    all the night shift work has been stolen once they learn English we really are ****ed.
    Perhaps you should try to learn it before they do.
  • user1234567user1234567 Posts: 12,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    spkx wrote: »
    or they could just be rude *****
    Beat me to it!
  • gerry dgerry d Posts: 12,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It puts me off going into a shop.

You could do internet shopping
    but they could have autism, learning difficulties or disrupted childhoods

Or they may have a lack of manners which seems to be the case 9 times out of 10
    or go serve in Afghanistan for a year!

I don't see what this has got to do with anything?.
  • Nine Bob NoteNine Bob Note Posts: 3,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I rather suspect the OP is trolling, but I'm sure the thread will still attract cretins like flies to customer service :cool:
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    I used to work in a film memorabilia shop and we used to get people coming in asking if we sold shoe laces, trying to use a (dodgy) £50 note to pay for something costing 99p etc, etc. The general public can be extremely daft.
  • GwrxVurferGwrxVurfer Posts: 5,359
    Forum Member

What do you work as Charcole?
  • s2ks2k Posts: 7,419
    Forum Member
    gerry d wrote: »
    I don't see what this has got to do with anything?.
    Nothing, its just a troll thread. Best to roll with it until the mods give it the lock ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,239
    Forum Member
    I think every consumer should read that thread - the public really are an irritating bunch. There are some people on that thread who hate their job to the point where they are at risk of exploding and I must say I found that quite disturbing, that it is not unlikely that the person serving me hates my dithering guts.
  • You_moYou_mo Posts: 11,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What goes on in the thread, stays in the thread. Or should!
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    I rather suspect the OP is trolling, but I'm sure the thread will still attract cretins like flies to customer service :cool:

We must both also be cretins then, as we have both posted in it!
  • user1234567user1234567 Posts: 12,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree with the OP. Shop-keepers and workers are there to serve the customers who are always right remember, They should stop moaning or do another job. We pay their wages so have a right to good service and smiling faces every time.
    Agreed but the customer never has the right to be rude, aggressive, obnoxious or offensive in any way, just because they are having a bad day and they need an easy target to take it out on.