The smokers should be furious at Conor

Comments

• B L ZeebubB L Zeebub Posts: 9,134
    Forum Member
    :confused:

Only as far back to the point at which the luxury budget was won by Conor on the water slide. Without his 20 points they'd have been on basic rations - in gratitude I'm sure the other Hms wouldn't begrudge him being a little selfish with some of his choices in the list.

Were the final twenty points more valuable than the other 80? :confused:
  • JB3JB3 Posts: 9,308
    Forum Member
    It seems so B L.

lol.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    B L Zeebub wrote: »
    Were the final twenty points more valuable than the other 80? :confused:

Probably, just as the winning goal in a cup final is usually the one to be most remembered and valued
    Forum Member
    Probably, just as the winning goal in a cup final is usually the one to be most remembered and valued

Depends on the quality of the goal, really, and it's pretty useless without previous goals, unless it's a 1-0 result.
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    First off.

The smokers had the choice to refuse to allow their cigarettes to be destroyed. It was made quite clear to them that if they said anything, the task would be a fail, and the cigs wouldn't be cut up.

Not one of them had the guts to say "f*ck it, don't touch me ****" and take being blamed for a task fail on the chin.

What they expected (especially precious Lauren) was that somebody else should get it in the neck for failing the task and they got to keep the ****.

Second.

Connor bought the protein shakes as a two fingered gesture to Benedict and his followers.
    Who just happen to be the heaviest smokers.:D

And if one of the smokers gets the chance to do the same later in the series, they can feel quite justified to do the same.
    Spend an inordinate amount on cigs and tobacco.

But knowing the wimpy "outsiders" they won't and will just moan about how life is sooooo unfair endlessly.

Third.

Any serious smoker would know full well that a couple of packets of straights is a waste of time and any/all money for **** should be spent on tobacco.

I have to agree with you there.

Although I've been criticising Conor in this thread so far, I think what you say is also true.

Week after week these housemates are being dictated to by Conor and others that they should work 'for the team'.
    Yet week by week they act like mugs when they conform to this artificial construct which has been thrust upon them by Conor and the lads themselves.

I agree with just about everything which has been said about Conor in this thread.
    But if everybody keeps going along with what they're told by Conor and his cohorts then they are complicit.

If they just conform to what Conor says they should do then they're idiots.
    If Conor and his gang keep stitching them up and then picking them off then what kind of idiot just passively goes along with it?

Give away all your cigarettes to the team?
    Sod that. Why should they?
    Surely like some Pavlovian dog they'd learn that Conor and co. are treating them all like mugs by continually mentioning the word 'team' to get them to do what they want them to do,...every time....yet they just go along with it.
    Unbelievable.
    What idiots.

If you choose to conform to what Conor and Luke S say you should do and they keep mugging you off, then you are complicit.
    If you choose to put yourself into this position every single time and start whinging about it after the event, to some extent you are partly to blame yourself.

It's difficult to support housemates who are not individuals and who are prepared to act individually.
    They choose to conform, yet either willfully or subconsciously keep putting people like Conor above them in the pecking order and themselves lower.

Where are the true individuals this series? Where are they at? I don't see them. All I see left are conformists who are too scared to stand out on their own and instead follow the wisdom of the crowd in the vain hope it will provide safety in numbers.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Depends on the quality of the goal, really, and it's pretty useless without previous goals, unless it's a 1-0 result.

Well it was a quality slide. :D
    Forum Member
    Well it was a quality slide. :D

As was his slide in popularity! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As was his slide in popularity! :D

True, although I can't imagine such an unevolved caveman was ever popular. :eek: :D
  • JB3JB3 Posts: 9,308
    Forum Member
    I think the only true individual we have seen this series has been Bendick.

Possibly Lydia too, she went on about ' the team ' too, but rather more for her own machinations than actually beleiving it, I think.
  • teresagreenteresagreen Posts: 16,444
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    avon942 wrote: »
    I think Connor has a lot of power in the house so they wouldn't question him!

The others have power when it comes to noms!
  • Speak-SoftlySpeak-Softly Posts: 24,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Although I've been criticising Conor in this thread so far, I think what you say is also true.

Week after week these housemates are being dictated to by Conor and others that they should work 'for the team'.
    Yet week by week they act like mugs when they conform to this artificial construct which has been thrust upon them by Conor and the lads themselves.

I agree with just about everything which has been said about Conor in this thread.
    But if everybody keeps going along with what they're told by Conor and his cohorts then they are complicit.

If Conor and his gang keep stitching them up and then picking them off then what kind of idiot just passively goes along with it?

Surely like some Pavlovian dog they'd learn that Conor and co. are treating them all like mugs by continually mentioning the word 'team' to get them to do what they want them to do,...every time....yet they just go along with it.
    Unbelievable.
    What idiots.

If you choose to conform to what Conor and Luke S say you should do and they keep mugging you off, then you are complicit.
    If you choose to put yourself into this position every single time and start whinging about it after the event, to some extent you are partly to blame yourself.

It's difficult to support housemates who are not individuals and who are prepared to act individually.
    They choose to conform, yet either willfully or subconsciously keep putting people like Conor above them in the pecking order and themselves lower.

Where are the true individuals this series? Where are they at? I don't see them. All I see left are conformists who are too scared to stand out on their own and instead follow the wisdom of the crowd in the vain hope it will provide safety in numbers.

Good post.

From the beginning those who are the "outsiders" have sat on their arses and done nothing except winge about being the outsiders.

Lauren's entire motivation has been about not everybody liking her.

Luke A started the whole "I'm going to be rejected" stuff be making a big deal about not telling the three lads until last.
    (of course when nobody batted an eyelid, he ceased to have a reason for being in the house)

Benedict sat back and was pompous and superior, lecturing people about his hangups with sex,
    (oh so natural and nothing to be ashamed about but I make my living exploiting the fact that people are embarrassed about sex, square that circle Benedict)
    until people had the audacity to nominate him. Then he went into overdrive.

Adam, tries to be the getalong guy, manages quite well but there's something there which BB are not showing I feel.

Lydia, just deluded and quite unbalanced the way she believed the lies she told others herself. That's always the most dangerous type of liar.

Deana, could yet turn it round now Lydia has left. She has a core of people who do like her who are influential with those who don't.

None of them deserve the support they are getting on here though..
  • Ms Ann ThropeMs Ann Thrope Posts: 7,213
    Forum Member
    I don't like Conor for what he did (or at all, tbf), but..... any person who is so easily controlled and quick to lose control because of an addiction should probably think twice about putting themselves at the mercy of Big Brother.

If I were still a smoker, I would never in a million years apply to go on Big Brother. If I did, I would realise fully that any problems caused by nicotine withdrawal insanity would be entirely my own responsibility, and not bleat about it.
  • Cellar_DoorCellar_Door Posts: 2,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No one holds a gun to a smokers head and makes them take up the habit. Cigarettes are not a necessity, they are a luxury. You won't die if you don't get a ****, in fact you might even find you increase your life expectency somewhat...

I don't have much time for smokers I'm afraid. Disgusting habit.

And probably decrease the life expectancy of those around you if you haven't chosen to give up :D
  • mary03mary03 Posts: 6,281
    Forum Member

Unbelievable.
    What idiots.

I agree completely with this and Speak Softly's post.

I said as much in another thread that I can't believe how much whinging and conforming some of these housemates do. Lauren's cigarettes are a classic example. She's gone on about the amount she spent on ciggies and then moaning about giving them away and then getting into an argument with Ashleigh about the two packs she received from the shopping budget.

But why did she and the others give up their cigarettes for the task in the first place? Like you said before, they are personal possessions and to me it was a test by BB to see just how conformist these hms are. They all sat their in shocked horror watching Arron cut up the packs one by on and none of them had the guts to stop him.

And still the moaning and arguments continue with none of them saying a word to Conor about the cigarettes or the protein powder. What a bunch of weaklings and sheep like hms we have this series.

And has any of the non-smokers said anything about their treats from the shopping budget. Somehow I doubt it.
  • lightupvmlightupvm Posts: 680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CIGARETTES ARE NOT A "TREAT" "LUXURY ITEM" "EXTRA"

THEY ARE AN ABSOLUTE NECESSITY

Why do Non-Smoking, Nico-Nazi, Super-Nanny, Interfering Busy-Bodies keep pretending that they do not understand this!

I am sick of smokers in our society being placed somewhere on the social scale between kitten-killers and paedophiles :mad:

That's only the case because you put one in your mouth once and got addicted. I didn't. Not a necessity for me if I was in the BB house.
  • PollyusaPollyusa Posts: 7,062
    Forum Member
    changa wrote: »
    No, they were treats for the whole house.

I would be furious if I was Becky or Scott or Deana (is there anyone else who doesn't smoke?)

Scott smokes...a pipe
    Forum Member
    lightupvm wrote: »
    That's only the case because you put one in your mouth once and got addicted. I didn't. Not a necessity for me if I was in the BB house.

If only there had been a time machine on the list! :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 651
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Conor did the best he could to try to please everyone, but if it had been me I probably would have spent less on cigarettes and more on food :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,387
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can we have a heated argument about caffeine addiction next?
  • -Felicity--Felicity- Posts: 4,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BeeBumble wrote: »
    No one's forcing you to smoke.:confused: You won't die if you didn't smoke. You'll just feel like crap for a couple of weeks which you knew would happen when you took it up.

It's not even like alcohol or heroin where once you're hooked you have to give up gradually as going cold turkey will be dangerous. I also don't like being called a neo-nazi because I don't to suffer because of someone else's habit.

Whilst I thought Connor is selfish for the way he worked out the shopping list and I feel for the likes of Luke A going from like 50 a day to none. I have no sympathy for smokers who cry "it's so unfair I'm being discriminated against" well er don't smoke. There is more than plenty of help out there to help you stop.

Agree with all of your post :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Personally my take on it is.
    Lauren should have refused to give up her Cigarettes as part of the task.:D I would have if I smoked!!
    Or at least confirmed with BB that THEY would have bought her them back.

Not everyone smokes and not everyone uses the Protein shake.
    My question to Conor would be...
    What have I got then......:rolleyes:

Majority should have been spent on food. And then whatever was left, Alcohol, Cigarettes & then maybe Protein Shake.
    I do think that the people who do not smoke or use the shakes have lost out....And they should be the people to kick up a fuss.
    And the smokers should also, as Lauren had 2 packets of Cigarettes. How much are they for 20..... £6-7? :(
  • goldylookinfishgoldylookinfish Posts: 2,878
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BeeBumble wrote: »
    No one's forcing you to smoke.:confused: You won't die if you didn't smoke. You'll just feel like crap for a couple of weeks which you knew would happen when you took it up.

It's not even like alcohol or heroin where once you're hooked you have to give up gradually as going cold turkey will be dangerous. I also don't like being called a neo-nazi because I don't to suffer because of someone else's habit.

Whilst I thought Connor is selfish for the way he worked out the shopping list and I feel for the likes of Luke A going from like 50 a day to none. I have no sympathy for smokers who cry "it's so unfair I'm being discriminated against" well er don't smoke. There is more than plenty of help out there to help you stop.

You don't have to suffer it, you can always move away from the smoking areas.
    Smokers also contribute around £10 billion in tax to the UK each year, which is why most smokers feel aggrieved by the 'bad press'.
    http://www.the-tma.org.uk/tma-publications-research/facts-figures/tax-revenue-from-tobacco/
    What do you think about overeaters?
  • CBFreakCBFreak Posts: 28,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    redex wrote: »
    Can we have a heated argument about caffeine addiction next?

Lets!
    I love my cola drinks. LOVE THEM! but I wouldn't bemoan if I didn't have any. I would get by just fine without.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Conor's a flaming knuckle-dragging caveman sheep. He's an utter prat!
  • VesnaVesna Posts: 31,651
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No any anger should be pointed at Big Brother.
    I hate when they scapegoat a hm for playing the game, doing the task or obeying BB's orders.
    But in all these cases it's BB whose the guilty party.