Programmes that are past their sell by date

Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,758
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Top of the list must come Deal or no Deal. It's worn out, on too much, ratings have slumped, it's become totally boring, yet Channel 4 persist with this rubbish. Also Come Dine With Me, which is falling in the ratings and become too much like Big Brother for its weird contestants, Home and Away, which nobody seems to watch any more, This Morning, which as well as being libellous has been on too long and is just trashy now, and You've Been Framed, the same old clips on a loop.

Comments

• A.D.PA.D.P Posts: 10,288
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    X Factor, or any re hash programme by Mr S Cowell,
  • candyfloss2000candyfloss2000 Posts: 1,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    coach trip - terrible show now - really horrendous

MAsterchef and all those bloody cooking shows. I'm sick to death of them
  • Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A.D.P wrote: »

I think people are waking up to the fact this is a rigged, overkilled show for producing mediocre, manipulated singers and groups with a short shelf life. In America American Idol, which has been on for 11 years, is tumbling down the ratings now. I do think this year's X Factor will be the last. Also don't be surprised if Deal or no Deal gets the axe, or Noel walks from a dying format.
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Geordie Shore, The Only Way Is Essex and all other shows of that type

Unfortunately MTV UK have just gotten the rights to a new one

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buck_Wild
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    Geordie Shore, The Only Way Is Essex and all other shows of that type

Unfortunately MTV UK have just gotten the rights to a new one

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buck_Wild

Hmmm, these are quite recent shows and do well with under 25s. I was thinking more on the lines of worn out shows that aren't that popular and need to go, Big Brother is a prime candidate now of the reality genre.
  • Lily_MLily_M Posts: 1,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eastenders - should have been put out of its considerable misery years ago.
  • tobitobi Posts: 2,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dancing on Ice, X factor, Lets Dance for Comic Relief( I think the dance routine is worn out and maybe they could try something else for charity instead), Big Brother also
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Next Top Model, seems to have been on forever and surely the format( young women trying to be models) has been flogged to death.
  • LilylilacLilylilac Posts: 1,896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'Come dine with me' it's not about cooking anymore but who can get the most attention by acting like a complete twonk..... Oh and 'Deal or no Deal' that goes without saying doesn't it?
  • elnombreelnombre Posts: 3,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glenn A wrote: »
    I think people are waking up to the fact this is a rigged, overkilled show for producing mediocre, manipulated singers and groups with a short shelf life. In America American Idol, which has been on for 11 years, is tumbling down the ratings now. I do think this year's X Factor will be the last. Also don't be surprised if Deal or no Deal gets the axe, or Noel walks from a dying format.

I predict we're in for another 4 or 5 years of both yet, simply because ITV & Channel 4 are so bereft of ideas and make no effort to foster new talent, instead coming up with brain-trust worthy ideas like 'let's make a Simon Cowell cooking show'.

Their new shows are flops, and the flops fare worse in the rating than the established crap (even though it's own ratings are declining). They'll milk them to the bitter end. What's the alternative, actually come up with some good ideas and hire actual writers to create an actual show? No chance.
  • PaleHorsePaleHorse Posts: 5,681
    Forum Member
    Reality TV in general
    8 out of 10 cats
    Heading Out (and yes I realise it has only just broadcast the first episode)
    Have I Got News For You
    Never Mind the Buzzcocks
    Mock the Week
    Any show featuring Ant & Dec
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    elnombre wrote: »
    I predict we're in for another 4 or 5 years of both yet, simply because ITV & Channel 4 are so bereft of ideas and make no effort to foster new talent, instead coming up with brain-trust worthy ideas like 'let's make a Simon Cowell cooking show'.

Their new shows are flops, and the flops fare worse in the rating than the established crap (even though it's own ratings are declining). They'll milk them to the bitter end. What's the alternative, actually come up with some good ideas and hire actual writers to create an actual show? No chance.

Well that jungle crap and Big Brother keep rumbling on as no one can think of anything to replace them with, so it wouldn't surprise me if the last ounce is squeezed out of The X Factor. However, should ratings take another tumble, I doubt Simon Cowell would want to keep a dying show.
  • CaxtonCaxton Posts: 28,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A Question of Sport
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Caxton wrote: »
    A Question of Sport

Still good entertainment as sports stories update constantly, still current. I'd say Eggheads is getting tiresome now.
  • BrigonBrigon Posts: 2,864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who Wants to be a Millionaire. The show just feels tired.
    Also Deal or No Deal.
  • rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A.D.P wrote: »

I do not think there is a better example. Another, has to be Deal or No Deal, and 8 out of 10 Cats
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Mrs Brown's Boys by about 40 years :p
    Forum Member
    PaleHorse wrote: »
    Reality TV in general
    8 out of 10 cats
    Have I Got News For You
    Never Mind the Buzzcocks
    Mock the Week
    Caxton wrote: »
    A Question of Sport
    Glenn A wrote: »
    Still good entertainment as sports stories update constantly, still current. I'd say Eggheads is getting tiresome now.
    So does satirical topical comedy and music. I think they just need a little rejig of some rounds and put more effort in to choosing the guests.
    As for QoS it has gone downhill in recent series. It seems far more childish and less of a quiz.
  • JackappleJackapple Posts: 854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The News, its the same old depressing shit week in week out
  • SmartTIIamSmartTIIam Posts: 453
    Forum Member
    Most daytime TV shows.
  • Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PaleHorse wrote: »
    Reality TV in general
    8 out of 10 cats
    Heading Out (and yes I realise it has only just broadcast the first episode)
    Have I Got News For You
    Never Mind the Buzzcocks
    Mock the Week
    Any show featuring Ant & Dec

Took the words out of my mouth. Irritating, overpaid, overexposed and inane
  • lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another typical Digital Spy thread of "all programmes that I don't like should taken off because I don't like them even if many millions do watch them".
    Forum Member
    Christ get some new material
  • TassiumTassium Posts: 31,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    By an amazing coincidence the programmes I don't like are stale and past it!

Most of everything on TV at the moment has been going far too long, CH4 and the BBC are the worst offenders.

But ITV is quite ruthless about axing old shows, other than their soaps of course and the old stalwart "You're Been Framed". "X-Factor" and "I'm a Celebrity.." have not quite gone off but nearly.
  • mrmattybeckmrmattybeck Posts: 1,697
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yawn another pointless thread which has been done already by others at least 3 or 4 times already :(