Programmes that are past their sell by date

13»

Comments

• rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Also, Homes Under the Hammer, A Place in the Sun, Bargain Hunt, Cash in the Attic, Im a Celebrity Get of Here.
  • 446.09375446.09375 Posts: 961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I assume that Those In Charge wouldn't even bother looking at a forum of moan-about-things-I-don't-personally-like, so, as long as you're enjoying getting it off your chest, fire away :)

And I still like Deal or No Deal.
  • CaxtonCaxton Posts: 28,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glenn A wrote: »
    Yes these three shows are flogged to death by Channel 4 and are now totally boring.

Including Friends shown so many times by C4 or one of its guises
  • Apple_CrumbleApple_Crumble Posts: 21,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope it isn't past its sell by date, but it does feel like it at times ...

Question Time.

It doesn't help that you have the three main parties who are similar to one another. Tories blame "13 years of Labour", Labour blames the Tories for the current woes and the Lib Dems talk about having to be in a coalition. Same thing every week.

Maybe it just reflects modern-day Britain? Apathetic and no spark.
  • Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Coach Trip hasn't been on for about a year now. It's been axed. There was a new Christmas Coach Trip supposedly been filmed, but it wasn't shown last year.

It's unusual for Channel 4 to cancel anything that might still get a few thousand viewers and is cheap to make ( Big Brother was expensive and ratings were collapsing, which meant it had to go, but if they could get their hands on a derelict council house and use that, they would have kept it going). Also gone finally is that pointless island thing, Shipwrecked, which they kept cancelling and bringing back even though hardly anyone cared.
  • barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Room 101 - absolutely dreadful.

Somebody mentioned HIGNFY, yet on a good night, with the right presenter and guests it remains one of the funniest programmes on television. I know it wasn't all that recent, but the one shown tonight with William Shatner was one of the funniest I have ever seen.

Please BBC, I beg you; put the godawful Eastenders out of its misery.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,363
    Forum Member
    It's also time for certain programmes to return to their original formats.
    Deal or no Deal, Bargain Hunt and Pointless are three programmes I enjoy but they all now seem to have lengthy interviews with each contestant. Boring.
    Deal or No Deal is almost unwatchable now because you find yourself screaming at the TV "get on with it."
  • clm2071clm2071 Posts: 6,637
    Forum Member
    Takeshi's castle is back on this week repackaged with Dick and Dom taking over voiceover duties from Craig Charles.

It's been a staple on Challenge for years now with various different edits/rehash's and best of's - god knows how long they can keep going, it was only on in Japan for 3 years! Surely they will run out soon.......
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 525
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Actually the new Takeshi's Castle series is using previously unseen footage. Well, the first episode IS a re-edit of an old episode (although that original episode hasn't been aired since 2009), but it will have newly filmed footage of the General in it. The following episodes should be all 'new'. Before this there hasn't been an episode/Best of produced since 2003!

Plus these new episodes are down to massive fan demand, so blame us :)
  • clm2071clm2071 Posts: 6,637
    Forum Member
    DuffDan wrote: »
    Actually the new Takeshi's Castle series is using previously unseen footage. Well, the first episode IS a re-edit of an old episode (although that original episode hasn't been aired since 2009), but it will have newly filmed footage of the General in it. The following episodes should be all 'new'. Before this there hasn't been an episode/Best of produced since 2003!

Plus these new episodes are down to massive fian demand, so blame us :)

Ah, I didn't realise it was 'new' footage, I might tune in if that's the case. I stopped watching as I'd seen most episodes numerous times.

I do wonder how much unseen footage there can be though
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 525
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    clm2071 wrote: »
    Ah, I didn't realise it was 'new' footage, I might tune in if that's the case. I stopped watching as I'd seen most episodes numerous times.

I do wonder how much unseen footage there can be though
    I listed all the unused games out here:
    http://keshiheads.co.uk/takeshi2012.html
    However, Challenge have only made four episodes from the unseen stuff, so not all of that has been used - so there will still be unused bits after this!