Robot of Sherwood Spoiler-Free Reviews

Comments

• johnny_dolejohnny_dole Posts: 2,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it was hammier than a ham sandwich eaten by a hamster with a torn ham string.

HAM
  • adams66adams66 Posts: 3,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's been howls of outrage even from people who've not seen it yet! :confused:
    But then, some people just like to howl their outrage, just for the hell of it.

I'm going to watch with an open mind and hope to be entertained for 45 minutes. Seems like the most sensible option to me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't care what anyone says, i enjoyed this one the most out of the 5 I've seen.

Nothing like the previous 2 episodes, it's the 'romp' of the series [so far] but it works, Capaldi and Tom Riley as Robin have some very funny exchanges.

If you just do not like comedy and a bit of silliness in Doctor Who then you will probably hate it, but i'd say go in expecting the silliness, and you will enjoy it more!

I think most will be pleasantly surprised at how good it is. ;)
  • mccolloughmccollough Posts: 209
    Forum Member
    All I can say is...
    In the leaked ep, they make use of the Robin Hood theme from BBC's Robin Hood (the jonas armstrong version.)

It's a brilliant theme that works amazingly in the episode and I hope it's quoted in the final version.
  • doormouse1doormouse1 Posts: 5,431
    Forum Member
    adams66 wrote: »
    There's been howls of outrage even from people who've not seen it yet! :confused:
    But then, some people just like to howl their outrage, just for the hell of it.

I'm going to watch with an open mind and hope to be entertained for 45 minutes. Seems like the most sensible option to me.

Agreed - some people couldn't say anything positive if their lives depended on it. Moffatt-hate, Gatiss-hate and Capaldi-hate cloud everything, and they sit down EXPECTING to despise the show before the opening credits have run.

I will also watch with an open mind as it is silly to pre-judge these things.
  • CoalHillJanitorCoalHillJanitor Posts: 15,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Spoiler-free review from Den of Geek.
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cultbox Spoiler-Free Review
    This is ‘Robot of Sherwood’, an episode that is unmistakeably by Mark Gatiss in its execution and which is as pun-packed as its title might suggest. Gosh, it is fun. Incredibly fun.

Link

Doctor Who Online Spoiler-Free Review
    Where the episode really sings, though, is in the direction. Paul Murphy makes his Doctor Who debut here, and he certainly arrives in style, keeping you hooked throughout. Right from the start, and the way he chooses to shoot the TARDIS set, you know you’re in for something rather special, and that doesn’t stop as the story goes on.

Link
  • MulettMulett Posts: 9,055
    Forum Member
    For me, you'd be hard-pushed to match the comedy of 'The Unicorn and the Wasp' but I hope this one makes a good attempt!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don’t over-analyse this one. Think with your funny-bone this week and you’ll have a great time.

This episode is screwed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The new approach is creeping in :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CD93 wrote: »

:D
    Is it so wrong of me to hope that appears in the finished show?
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It's in this sneak peek.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Corwin wrote: »

That's terrific - looks like I'm going to love this episode!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some very pretty direction, too.
  • doctor blue boxdoctor blue box Posts: 7,313
    Forum Member
    I was going to say the same thing :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 370
    Forum Member
    A few reviews are mentioning the 'Next Time' trailer as well, which doesn't happen too often. Hope this won't 'upset' certain fans too much.....oh, who am I kidding. Can hear their teeth gnashing from here. ;-)
  • jtnorthjtnorth Posts: 5,081
    Forum Member
    I'm really excited about this one. I don't think I've ever seen Tom Riley not be fantastic, and I really want to see this series cheer up. Can't wait.
  • inspector drakeinspector drake Posts: 910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think this is meant to be the 'harmless bit of fun' contribution to the series.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Definitely should have pulled out one of these

http://www.doctorwhoprops.com/dw_images/spoons.jpg
  • JCRJCR Posts: 24,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think this is meant to be the 'harmless bit of fun' contribution to the series.

In fairness I can well see the need to put something light between Into the Dalek & Listen.
  • LivingDestinyLivingDestiny Posts: 714
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not looking forward to this one, but I do think it will remind a lot of people of the RTD days, which will be a positive for many. I am however looking forward to the two after it! I'm sure the episode will be entertaining enough but it does have "filler" written all over it.
  • KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member

:D:D:D
    Corwin wrote: »

Looks like campest thing on TV since Larry Grayson said 'Shut that door'. I hope it's all as good as that sneak peek!

Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Outpost Skaro Spoiler-Free Review
    The thing about Robot of Sherwood is that, well, it’s funny. Laugh out-loud funny. And all the main cast get that and play to it completely. Peter Capaldi’s acid sarcasm is tailor made for this type of episode, and he’s a wonderful foil for Tom Riley’s perfect Robin Hood.

http://www.outpostskaro.com/2014/09/03/robot-of-sherwood-review-by-eddie-mcguigan/
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 217
    Forum Member

Ha! I think I am gonna love this episode! :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    me myb wrote: »
    Ha! I think I am gonna love this episode! :)

I think I'm going to hate this episode - it hasn't endeared to me at all, the clip is very funny but that is not what I want from an episode of Doctor Who, and its the sort of joke that wears thin quickly. :cool: