Wireless Networking Cards for Windows 7?

Hi, What networking cards are compatible with windows 7 64-BIT? I need it for my desktop wireless g/n doesn't matter to me please let me know which are as I can't seem to find any!

Thanks In Advance For Your Replies. :).

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,087
    Forum Member
    mines an Atheros AR5b93 in an acer notebook and its great

hope this helps
  • chiller15chiller15 Posts: 4,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PCI/PCI-E or USB?

I'm using a Linksys USB wireless device and it works on Windows 7 x64, though it isn't brilliant speed wise.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 718
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    chiller15 wrote: »
    PCI/PCI-E or USB?

I'm using a Linksys USB wireless device and it works on Windows 7 x64, though it isn't brilliant speed wise.

PCI I went on windows compatiblity centre and it says what the NETGEAR WG311T is compatible for Windows 7 32 & 64-BIT.
  • chiller15chiller15 Posts: 4,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd assume most wireless adapters for retail at the moment are compatible with Windows 7.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    chiller15 wrote: »
    I'd assume most wireless adapters for retail at the moment are compatible with Windows 7.

Not the one I bought, the NETGEAR WG311 although the WG311T is!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 77
    Forum Member
    Hi Sylvia, I also was looking out for a wireless PCI card which was compatible with Windows 7 64bit,but had no luck at all and gave up the quest, I am using an Edimax wirless PCI card EW-7128G which is compatible with Win 7 32bit, but I was told on here sometime back that this card was ok with 64bit but alas it was not as Win7 64bit did not "see" it at all , which was not surprising as the card has only a 32bit interface, so I am relegated to using it ok with Win7 32bit, I found these USB devices are too "slow" with regards the Radio signal, according to the Gadjet I have running on Desktop ..
  • mogwaimogwai Posts: 886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've been using an Edimax EW-7728In for the past 6 months or so on Windows 7 64-bit with absolutely no problems. It cost me about £40 at the time, but you might be able to get it for less now.

Also stay away from Tenda and TP-Link cards as found at eBuyer. I tried several of these and although they work on Windows 7 32-bit, they just wouldn't work on 64-bit.

The problem is that many suppliers / manufacturers list their products as being Windows 7 compatible, but don't state whether they work on 64-bit. Unfortunately its a case of try it and see.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not the one I bought, the NETGEAR WG311 although the WG311T is!

I'm running the Netgear WG311T under W7U x64.

Don't install the Netgear driver, lots of lockups & crashes with that. The inbuilt M$ driver in W7 seems to work fine :-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In fact I alteady bought the same one and now that is working, I forgot to update everyone.