Options

The Men With Many Wives - Ch4

Hayley_babyHayley_baby Posts: 15,825
Forum Member
✭✭
What am I watching? :o

This guys is marrying a third wife and while shopping to buy her gifts a niqab is one of them so I guess he wants his third wife to cover her face how weird.

Comments

• Options
    Rose BuddRose Budd Posts: 4,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What am I watching? :o

This guys is marrying a third wife and while shopping to buy her gifts a niqab is one of them so I guess he wants his third wife to cover her face how weird.

Strange gift for a driving instructor :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rose Budd wrote: »
    Strange gift for a driving instructor :confused:

Yes a very weird gift I hope she can see whens shes driving :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The only good thing I can see about this is the wives have separate homes, so they only live with the guy a few days a week :D
  • Options
    jjrussjjruss Posts: 293
    Forum Member
    Yes a very weird gift I hope she can see whens shes driving :o
    How would the men feel if their wives could have more husbands? :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jjruss wrote: »

I cant see many men agreeing with that can you?
  • Options
    MargMckMargMck Posts: 24,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Handily for the men, it's not in their religious book for women to build a harem - just the bits that suit randy blokes.
    Honestly I cannot understand the women going about with just their eyes showing, let alone "marrying" these men. But they seem intelligent people so each to their own... although I hope one day they will decide it really is rubbish.
  • Options
    confuddledconfuddled Posts: 3,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What an outrageous, outdated and men only serving concept.
    At the top of the programme they said there is around 20 thousand polygamist marriages in the uk......how can this be considering it's illegal in this country.
    They can take their sharia law and f.eck off back to some backward country.
    All these men have one thing in common...... They give me the creeps.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    MargMck wrote: »
    Handily for the men, it's not in their religious book for women to build a harem - just the bits that suit randy blokes.
    Honestly I cannot understand the women going about with just their eyes showing, let alone "marrying" these men. But they seem intelligent people so each to their own... although I hope one day they will decide it really is rubbish.[/

Hope one day these women wake up, it's so last century>:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I cant see many men agreeing with that can you?

No, but why should women agree to such an outdated way of life? >:(
  • Options
    Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    Don't understand why one of the wives is preventing the children from the other wives from seeing each other, their Brothers and Sisters and know each other as such.

Still not sure what everyone, including the Men get out of it, then again I can't imagine feeling as if I want to marry anyone, at all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, but why should women agree to such an outdated way of life? >:(

I agree with you it is outdated & I haven't got a clue why a woman would accept her husband having more than one wife but in the end its there lives so if that's what they want I wouldn't stop them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Pretty sure Ch4 did a doc about this before, but with non-religious types.
    I've got a vague memory of an English woman in her 30's 'married' to 2 men and living together.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with you it is outdated & I haven't got a clue why a woman would accept her husband having more than one wife but in the end its there lives so if that's what they want I wouldn't stop them.

I would stop them..... Its a foreign concept that has no place in Britain.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    confuddled wrote: »
    I would stop them..... Its a foreign concept that has no place in Britain.

But how can you stop them? Polygamy is already not allowed here so they get round it by getting a islamic marriage in mosques. Unless your gonna put cameras in all the mosques which I cant see it happening tbh. Then they would just get married elsewhere and then come back here with their wives.
  • Options
    2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    Hopefully the police will be round heir places to arrest them all for bigamy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    2shy2007 wrote: »

That's not going to happen is it, because they aren't married in the eyes of the law.
  • Options
    NosaerNosaer Posts: 3,431
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well it works if the man earns enough to support 3 families but NOT on benefits! How the hell is he supporting the Morrocan wife and kids?
  • Options
    MargMckMargMck Posts: 24,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2shy2007 wrote: »

But it's not legally bigamy because in the eyes of UK civil law the men are only married to one woman. The later marriages, in these cases, are under "Islamic law".
    I'll be honest and say there should be no place for such practices in modern Britain.

But then the Queen has sheikhs round for tea and racing, some of whom have a collection of wives.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    But how can you stop them? Polygamy is already not allowed here so they get round it by getting a islamic marriage in mosques. Unless your gonna put cameras in all the mosques which I cant see it happening tbh. Then they would just get married elsewhere and then come back here with their wives.

As a side note, as far as their concerned they're not 'getting round' anything, they're married in the sense that is important to them, in the eyes of their religion.
    They probably couldn't give a flying what the law says.

No doubt there are others, religious and non-religious who have some sort of 'Marriage ceremony' that means they're married in their minds/ in front of their friends and family, but not according to the law.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's not going to happen is it, because they aren't married in the eyes of the law.

Exactly! But that's why there should be no room for sharia law in Britain.......our legal system should be challenging any law that challenges its own premise!
    These men seem proud to take multiple wives and therefor you would assume they wouldn't denounce them by denying the marriage, so that is bigamy by the back door.
    It's a practice that really needs to be stamped out or I dread to think about the hold that sharia law in another 20 or so years.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    MargMck wrote: »
    But it's not legally bigamy because in the eyes of UK civil law the men are only married to one woman. The later marriages, in these cases, are under "Islamic law".
    I'll be honest and say there should be no place for such practices in modern Britain.

But then the Queen has sheikhs round for tea and racing, some of whom have a collection of wives.

You sure they're legally married to one woman, they might not have bothered.
    So if it was non-Muslim's involved, you'd still say it has no place?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You sure they're legally married to one woman, they might not have bothered.
    So if it was non-Muslim's involved, you'd still say it has no place?

Prince, what you allude to is an alternative lifestyle which normally takes place outside of religion and generally in small numbers. I think when practices are taking place and being endorsed by religion, particularly when that religion knows it's against the law of the land, that it takes on a far more pivotal role in endeavouring to change the status quo.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    confuddled wrote: »
    Exactly! But that's why there should be no room for sharia law in Britain.......our legal system should be challenging any law that challenges its own premise!
    These men seem proud to take multiple wives and therefor you would assume they wouldn't denounce them by denying the marriage, so that is bigamy by the back door.
    It's a practice that really needs to be stamped out or I dread to think about the hold that sharia law in another 20 or so years.

Hells teeth, it's not bigamy, via the back or side door off the alley.
    Edit: You've got your own thing going on here, so best to leave this alone at this point.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hells teeth, it's not bigamy, via the back or side door off the alley.
    Edit: You've got your own thing going on here, so best to leave this alone at this point.

:confused: yeah if you say so. I see you deleted your wiccans comment....I'd hazard a guess there's more sharia law marriages in the uk than there are the total amount of wiccans.
  • Options
    CentaurionCentaurion Posts: 2,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My heart swells with pride that all these men , women and dozens of children are in a permanent state of idleness and are in reciept of benefits paid for by me.

In fact one hubby sends my money back to his 3rd wife back in Morroco, I have to fight back tears of joy when I hear that my money is being used in such a imaginative and philanthropic way.

As all immigrants are welcomed to the UK with open arms, I'm sure their presence in this country is an undoubted bonus to our economy, I am tumescent with joy and would gladly empty my bank account to help similar families .