Time Slips - REAL cases of slipping thru TIME

Comments

• EraserheadEraserhead Posts: 22,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Time slips? Oh my. Time to climb out of the wardrobe, folks, and back in to the real world. You're not going to find Narnia in there no matter how much you try.
  • phylo_roadkingphylo_roadking Posts: 21,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But other than that in every true sense complete individuals.

...with months of dual experiences, and months afterwards of collaboration writing the book etc...
    Faulty Comparison.

It wasn't intended as a comparison - it was intended as an example of what happens when two "complete individuals" but not wholly independent of each other can achieve when they decided to get up to "joint venture" ;-)
  • Malcolm_ReedMalcolm_Reed Posts: 517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Please no jokes.
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As soon as I saw the thread title I thought "I bet theres a book involved" and I'm right. The author of the piece linked has a book out about it all. Surprise surprise.
  • WinterFireWinterFire Posts: 9,509
    Forum Member
    cobwebsoup wrote: »
    There is more evidence that the paranormal exists than there is evidence that it doesn't though, including photographic proof and videos. I myself and a few people I know have witnessed things of the paranormal nature that can't be explained and I find the subject fascinating to study. Researching the subject properly rather than claiming it's rubbish and mocking others for believing is extremely closed minded and it's something I see a lot on DS. People seem to get ridiculed on here if they have witnessed paranormal events which is unfair. I don't know how people can claim that something they know nothing about isn't real when even some of the worlds most renowned scientists are open minded enough to believe. There's a thread about the creepiest things that have happened to people on here that is full of good discussion and very little ridicule and I find it hard to believe that every single person with a story to tell is either making it up or is stupid enough to be mistaken as to what they've seen/heard.

There is no photographic proof and no video proof. There are photos that people claim show ghosts which do not . E.g. The Wem Ghost Picture was found to be a double exposure when the original photograph of the girl turned up. There are other fakers such as William Mumler. In the modern world there are iphone apps to make ghostly images.

You're saying that people are not researching the subject proper, but if the subject is researched properly, there are quite a few debunked photos, quite a lot of evidence of misinterpreted images (e.g. orbs), and that raises the clear possibility that all such ghost images and videos are not actually of ghosts.

You also claim that you can't not everyone with a story to tell is either making it up or a fool. There is plenty of evidence that huge numbers of people can strongly believe something, and claim personal evidence of, things that aren't true. Research 'mass delusions' to see that.

And you say that people should have open, not closed, minds. Well, people should have open minds, but not so open that their brains fall out. Also, you say that people who have 'experience' of paranormal events are 'ridiculed, which is unfair'. If what they claim is ridiculous, then they deserve to be ridiculed. Instead of just asking for respect, consideration, and open-mindness, why don't you actually produce evidence solid enough to demonstrate the existence of ghosts or other phenomena, and therefore show people that they should take your claims seriously?
  • WinterFireWinterFire Posts: 9,509
    Forum Member
    There is a rather snide tone to this post that I find very unsettling. Riding roughshod over BILLIONS of peoples beliefs.

I find your followup very odd. I've re-read my post, and don't feel that there is a snide tone to it. I wonder why you are characterising the 'tone' of my post the way you do, rather than addressing the substance of what I say.

Personally I believe that what is right or wrong is more important than how many people or which people believe things that are wrong.
  • Isambard BrunelIsambard Brunel Posts: 6,598
    Forum Member
    I'll take your brain to another dimension; pay close attention!

And remember, there's no scientific proof that gravity exists. It's just a theory. No, really.
  • phylo_roadkingphylo_roadking Posts: 21,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, that's heavy!
  • ChristaChrista Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It would be way cool to slip back in time to my very own Scottish highlander and frolic among the heather... Oh sorry... What was the question?
  • DiabolusDiabolus Posts: 1,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know why some people are so quick mock this kind of thing.

Last night I went into my bedroom, got into bed and before I knew it, 8 hours had passed and it had miraculously changed from night to day. Explain that one away doubters!

Now it THAT isn't a case of time slipping then I don't know what is.
    Forum Member
    Diabolus wrote: »
    Last night I went into my bedroom, got into bed and before I knew it, 8 hours had passed and it had miraculously changed from night to day. Explain that one away doubters!

I think I can... Did you walk inside your wardrobe before this happened?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My own very real experience..
    For 6 months me and my partner rented a cottage at Nesfield, an old village near Ilkley.
    To get to work I had to walk along a road parallel to the river, cross the river via a pedestrian bridge to Addingham village, then catch the bus to Skipton.
    If however I had carried on along that road, remaining on my side of the river, I would have arrived at Beamsley, another village.
    Occasionally I revisit the area in the car. Anyhow on one occasion I couldn't find the road. There was no road parallel to the river. The cottages looked the same but Nesfield in fact was a dead end. I got out the car and walked around. I thought I must be going mad!
    I drove back to the main road and went to Beamsley from the other direction - no road to Nesfield!
    I came home and looked up old maps of the area to see if there was a time when there hadn't been a road. But I couldn't find anything.
    A few days later I went back and the road was back there as normal :confused::confused::confused:

You could have slipped temporarily into a parallel universe.

I once saw a small stretch of the city which disappeared, also. It had apartments on it which I liked the look of. I went back with a friend to show her them and see if any were to rent. They'd all disappeared. They were not old-fashioned looking, so perhaps were part of the future or a parallel universe.
  • MrQuikeMrQuike Posts: 18,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    WinterFire wrote: »
    And you say that people should have open, not closed, minds. Well, people should have open minds, but not so open that their brains fall out. Also, you say that people who have 'experience' of paranormal events are 'ridiculed, which is unfair'. If what they claim is ridiculous, then they deserve to be ridiculed. Instead of just asking for respect, consideration, and open-mindness, why don't you actually produce evidence solid enough to demonstrate the existence of ghosts or other phenomena, and therefore show people that they should take your claims seriously?

It just never gets old for me. Classic materialist parapraxis.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think I can... Did you walk inside your wardrobe before this happened?

I did! Whatever could it mean?
  • Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Christa wrote: »
    It would be way cool to slip back in time to my very own Scottish highlander and frolic among the heather... Oh sorry... What was the question?

And get slaughtered because they're scared of your weird twenty-first century clothes!
    Forum Member
    I did! Whatever could it mean?

A few follow-up questions, if I may.

Did you experience a perceptible temperature drop after entering the wardrobe, observe occult rituals or witness scenes of animal cruelty?
  • skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    shackfan wrote: »
    Well it's total bollox. That's why we dismiss it.

Many dismiss a single person as they could be making it up, but when you get four people all telling the same story and exactly the same and recount the same story under hypnosis via a Psychiatrist as happened with Geoff and Pauline Simpson and their friends Len and Cynthia Gisby who allegedly stayed at the mysterious French hotel that vanished , then it makes you wonder.

Who knows , but I am sure there are many things we will never be able to explain
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,246
    Forum Member
    Load of bull tbh
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A few follow-up questions, if I may.

Did you experience a perceptible temperature drop after entering the wardrobe, observe occult rituals or witness scenes of animal cruelty?

You've been there too! :o

The chap in the fancy dress fur trousers, hoof shoes and fake horns was nice though.
  • JurassicMarkJurassicMark Posts: 12,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dolls wrote: »
    You could have slipped temporarily into a parallel universe.

I once saw a small stretch of the city which disappeared, also. It had apartments on it which I liked the look of. I went back with a friend to show her them and see if any were to rent. They'd all disappeared. They were not old-fashioned looking, so perhaps were part of the future or a parallel universe.

http://youtu.be/NzlG28B-R8Y
  • ChristaChrista Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And get slaughtered because they're scared of your weird twenty-first century clothes!

Or they might think I was a deity.

Do clothes go back in time? This is the kind of thing I need to know,
    Forum Member
    You've been there too!

I think you may have a case of fictative fantasolitus, common amongst lads in their 30s and often caused by prolonged exposure to second-hand childish banalities. More modern-thinking experts have come to regard the condition as being all made of Lego.
  • Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Christa wrote: »

Do clothes go back in time?

If not, then how about gang-rape by the local clan?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think you may have a case of fictative fantasolitus, common amongst lads in their 30s and often caused by prolonged exposure to second-hand childish banalities. More modern-thinking experts have come to regard the condition as being all made of Lego.

I thank you Mr Brunel. I will take this (accurate I believe) assessment under advisement!

I was beginning to think I was going mad. Phew!
  • boksboxboksbox Posts: 4,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Please no jokes.

Like your Halloween joke?