Forum Member
    Wealdstone Raider or LFO for no1 not Cowell Factor
  • Options
    Starzz123Starzz123 Posts: 1,700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Funk You wrote: »
    Wealdstone Raider or LFO for no1 not Cowell Factor

If you really want to keep Cowell off the top spot surely you know that those two have no chance at it, Uptown Funk is the only other strong contender so it would be better if you bought/stream that
  • Options
    Funk YouFunk You Posts: 6,864
    Forum Member
    Starzz123 wrote: »
    If you really want to keep Cowell off the top spot surely you know that those two have no chance at it, Uptown Funk is the only other strong contender so it would be better if you bought/stream that

No because I don't like them tunes so why should I lol. Wealdstone and LFO are my choices
  • Options
    EStaffs90EStaffs90 Posts: 13,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BRITLAND wrote: »
    Yes that's all I want, a good song that isn't related to XF or "charity"

It would be nice if we had a Christmas No1 that wasn't an X-Factor winner or charity song (as we haven't had one since waaaay back in 2003!).
  • Options
    Starzz123Starzz123 Posts: 1,700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Funk You wrote: »
    No because I don't like them tunes so why should I lol. Wealdstone and LFO are my choices

Well realistically speaking that will never happen
  • Options
    HitstasticHitstastic Posts: 8,634
    Forum Member
    I would love to see Uptown Funk remain #1 this Sunday as it'd be hilarious but it also means the genuinely more popular song stayed at #1.

Even if Ben does get to #1, Uptown Funk will climb back to #1 next week. When Ben's X Factor single drops out of the top 40, Uptown Funk will still be top 10, maybe even top 5.

In fact I reckon Uptown Funk is going to become a million seller in early 2015.
  • Options
    Born lippyBorn lippy Posts: 2,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blinkin awesome song love it!!
  • Options
    AudioRebelAudioRebel Posts: 32,201
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hitstastic wrote: »
    I would love to see Uptown Funk remain #1 this Sunday as it'd be hilarious but it also means the genuinely more popular song stayed at #1.

Even if Ben does get to #1, Uptown Funk will climb back to #1 next week. When Ben's X Factor single drops out of the top 40, Uptown Funk will still be top 10, maybe even top 5.

In fact I reckon Uptown Funk is going to become a million seller in early 2015.

I agree 100%. It'll do what Pharrells 'Happy' did this time last year.
  • Options
    RingoJ739KRingoJ739K Posts: 23,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Wealdstone Raider has entered the top 5 so there might be a chance of it happening.

I still think Ben will be number 1 though.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Well realistically Wealdstone was in the midweek top 5 so could be possible ;)
  • Options
    RobertfitzRobertfitz Posts: 2,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *delete*
  • Options
    Peter the GreatPeter the Great Posts: 14,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    EStaffs90 wrote: »
    It would be nice if we had a Christmas No1 that wasn't an X-Factor winner or charity song (as we haven't had one since waaaay back in 2003!).
    Oh yes 2003. There was no X Factor back then but there was Pop Idol. Back then it seemed as though at last people had enough of the manufactured pap. The terrible Pop Idol cover of Happy Xmas (war is over) only made No.5 so only Gary Jules and The Darkness were in the running for Xmas No.1 with Gary Jules winning in the end. It would be great to have a moment like that again but I doubt we ever will.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oh yes 2003. There was no X Factor back then but there was Pop Idol. Back then it seemed as though at last people had enough of the manufactured pap. The terrible Pop Idol cover of Happy Xmas (war is over) only made No.5 so only Gary Jules and The Darkness were in the running for Xmas No.1 with Gary Jules winning in the end. It would be great to have a moment like that again but I doubt we ever will.

You forgot Proper Crimbo was out that year too :D got in the top 10 I remember
  • Options
    thewaywardbusthewaywardbus Posts: 2,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Major over reaction! Ever is a long time!
  • Options
    AudioRebelAudioRebel Posts: 32,201
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not to worry, Ronson will be the first #1 of 2015. :)
  • Options
    Heathyheath_Heathyheath_ Posts: 986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    EStaffs90 wrote: »

Rage Against the Machine were number one a few years ago, they weren't either
  • Options
    RetroMusicFanRetroMusicFan Posts: 6,673
    Forum Member
    Commiserations to the lovely Mr Ronson!
  • Options
    EStaffs90EStaffs90 Posts: 13,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rage Against the Machine were number one a few years ago, they weren't either

They gave the money to a homeless charity, therefore making it a charity single.