How should Clara bow out?

1235»

Comments

• sandydunesandydune Posts: 10,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    claire2281 wrote:
    That's part of what draws the Doctor to her alongside her mystery - her selfless kindness.
    I think Clara likes to help The Doctor, sometimes it might not seem like she is helping as The Doctor ends up having to intervene at times but it might be about the bigger picture, the yet to come picture, the best is yet to come.:D
  • VopiscusVopiscus Posts: 1,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Going off on a tangent, I thought of actress Clara Bow, too.

YANA.

Q: How should Clara Bow out?
    A: By becoming an ex-It Girl!

I think it's almost time for my medication.
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sandydune wrote: »
    Why didn't Clara read some books to help, step by step?:confused:

Why doesn't my Mother? Answer mine and I'll answer yours ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CD93 wrote: »

Your mother knows she can always turn to you for help, and trusts you more than the printed page. As far as we're aware, Clara has no such helpful children (though her various manifestations could have been popping sprogs across all of time and space, I suppose).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vopiscus wrote: »
    Your mother knows she can always turn to you for help, and trusts you more than the printed page. As far as we're aware, Clara has no such helpful children (though her various manifestations could have been popping sprogs across all of time and space, I suppose).

Well, she could easily ask Angie and Artie.
  • GeordieDancerGeordieDancer Posts: 183
    Forum Member
    Vopiscus wrote: »
    YANA.

Q: How should Clara Bow out?
    A: By becoming an ex-It Girl!

I think it's almost time for my medication.

*Slow claps whilst nodding head approvingly*

Shall we Charleston? Mine's a (Sonic) Screwdriver. Now THERE'S a cocktail that needs inventing for the 50th!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *Slow claps whilst nodding head approvingly*

Shall we Charleston? Mine's a (Sonic) Screwdriver. Now THERE'S a cocktail that needs inventing for the 50th!

Do they serve it at the Whoonie Inn? Perhaps we should visit on the anniversary and see.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CD93 wrote:
    Your mother? I'm not sure what you mean by the question.:confused:
  • kegsiekegsie Posts: 2,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She should slip on a fallen leaf and get run over by a car.

Then the circle would be complete.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sandydune wrote: »
    Your mother? I'm not sure what you mean by the question.:confused:

Many people are capable of reading a few books on computing. Doesn't mean that they're going to when they can simply ask for help :p
  • Simon_FostonSimon_Foston Posts: 398
    Forum Member
    I 100% agree with the part in bold. Companions don't really travel with the Doctor because it's fun anymore - it always turns out to be because of something.

I don't see a problem with that. That tended to be the way of things in the original series as I recall.
  • ThrombinThrombin Posts: 9,416
    Forum Member
    I think there's still a lot of potential for Clara. Personally I've always loved the character and I'd like to see her around for as long as possible.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 110
    Forum Member
    bbll22 wrote: »

Rory not getting the chance to say goodbye is probably my main gripe with the Angels Take Manhattan....it just reinforced his second-class companion status which i do not agree with as I said earlier. Even in Amy's afterword section one or two words from him at the end would have just been nice, something like that, but we got nothing. The bond he and the Doctor had was great and I really do wish it could have been expanded upon a lot more. His tenure on the show should be recognised a lot more, but obviously from his association with Amy, it's more than likely he won't get the individual recognition. That's a real shame....he's my favourite companion as well, he was just so relatable and was a great overall character...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWU6XL9xI4k

I think if this lovely scene had been shot and added to the end it would have been a great end to Amy and Rory, especially as it is between Rory and Brian, the whole Pond/Williams/Doctor family element of the show worked well for me, especially with how they all interacted with each other, it started as Amy and the Doctor and ended with a family, this would have shown that i think.

A shame i think it didn't get in.
    Forum Member
    kegsie wrote: »
    She should slip on a fallen leaf and get run over by a car.

Then the circle would be complete.

FINALLY manages to make a soufflé but suffers a tragic allergic reaction whilst eating her creation.

That's a bit cruel...maybe she could be apprenticed to Mary Berry instead
    Forum Member
    FINALLY manages to make a soufflé but suffers a tragic allergic reaction whilst eating her creation.

That's a bit cruel...maybe she could be apprenticed to Mary Berry instead

Actually...if we're taking it to the Nth degree...maybe that's how the John Hurt mystery Doctor regenerated? He chokes on Clara's soufflé during the 50th!!!

Suddenly, it all makes sense.
  • Paradise_LostParadise_Lost Posts: 6,454
    Forum Member
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CD93 wrote:
    Many people are capable of reading a few books on computing. Doesn't mean that they're going to when they can simply ask for help :p

Doesn't it depend on the urgency of the predicament:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It looks like she's not very popular on here, well I love her. I had to put up with Rose mooning over Dr, Rose's mum mooning over Dr, Jack Harkness mooning over Dr, Martha mooning over Dr, Donna mooning over, oh no she didn't, Amy mooning over Dr and emasculating Rory, so I cant wait and I hope Jenna Coleman stays a very, very long time.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    Thrombin wrote: »
    I think there's still a lot of potential for Clara. Personally I've always loved the character and I'd like to see her around for as long as possible.

I say we will get more development for her in Series 8.