Options

Portable DVD Player AV-IN not working;

I have a Goodmans Portable DVD Player (GDVD84WLCD). I cannot get AV-IN to work.

I have a Scart->RCA lead, now that works fine.

I can plug the RCA into the DVD Player, Scart into the TV and by setting the DVD player to AV-OUT watch the DVD Players output on my Television however, I cannot plug the SCAR into a TV/SKY/VCR (tried all) and RCA into the DVD Player and watch it -I set the player to AV-IN but still nothing.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a Goodmans Portable DVD Player (GDVD84WLCD). I cannot get AV-IN to work.

I have a Scart->RCA lead, now that works fine.

I can plug the RCA into the DVD Player, Scart into the TV and by setting the DVD player to AV-OUT watch the DVD Players output on my Television however, I cannot plug the SCAR into a TV/SKY/VCR (tried all) and RCA into the DVD Player and watch it -I set the player to AV-IN but still nothing.
    thats because RCA lead will only go one way.

yours is sending signals from the RCA Phono plugs into the scart plug

you need one that sends signals out of the scart and into the phono RCA plugs

sometimes the scart plugs have an in/out switch on the so can can choose which way the signal goes
  • Options
    DinoDino Posts: 1,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does it support playback of external sources on the DVD screen?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 83
    Forum Member
    Dino wrote:
    Does it support playback of external sources on the DVD screen?
    I would assume so, otherwise what would the point of AV-IN be - especially if you cannot AV-OUT while AV-IN;ing.

Does anybody know of a link to purcahse an Scart->RCA that would allow me to do this?
  • Options
    chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Try this link...

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Search.aspx?criteria=scart&doy=9m12&source=15

various SCART plugs and leads, just pick the one with the right type of connectors for your gear and a price to match the size of your wallet :)

The most likely ones are probably the SCART to 3 Phono plugs with In-Out switch or the SCART to six Phono plugs which does input and output at the same time. The list shows several different lengths and quality (= price :D ) varients.

PS if the link fails just go to www.maplin.co.uk and type SCART into the search box.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would assume so, otherwise what would the point of AV-IN be - especially if you cannot AV-OUT while AV-IN;ing.

Does anybody know of a link to purcahse an Scart->RCA that would allow me to do this?
    I've got a newish Ferguson portable TV that has an AV-In RCA socket that is actually AV-Out. That stumped me for at least a day trying to get a PS2 to connect to it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 83
    Forum Member
    Well this has a switch to swap between IN and OUT so I assume it must be able to use AV-IN.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can you drop the Scart lead and just connect the source (Video, etc) to the DVD player via RCA? That would eliminate the DVD player from the equations and point to the Scart lead being the culprit.