E3 2013:- Discussion Thread

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,077
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hey everyone!

I've decided to launch an E3 discussion thread, the place where to comment and post reactions during the E3 period. There is also a E3 Miiverse community now up and running which can be accessed on Wii U and on the web.

It has been confirmed Nintendo are keeping it very low key this year, with only a small E3 presentation for developers, and a Nintendo Direct for the consumers

The Nintendo Direct: E3 Special will take place on Tuesday June 11th at 3pm with more software being discussed later that evening at 9pm.

For all E3 related news and to watch Nintendo Direct and other E3 related videos, just visit E3.Nintendo.com.

Enjoy!

Comments

• SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here's hoping for plenty of MarioKart, SmashBros & a shitload of 3rd party announcements! :cool:
  • DavonatorDavonator Posts: 4,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Nintendo can turn it around. I don't think the Wii U will be the winning console by raw sales figures this gen. But like the N64 I think they can turn it into a console that makes a decent profit and has great titles, with a decent install base.

Mario Kart, Mario, Smash Bros will be good, as will Pikmin 3........But I think to really gain momentum they'll have to drop the price a bit and announce a real surprise title (akin to the Bayonetta 2 announcement.). If Nintendo mess it up I'd go as far to say the Wii U is near dead, they have a lot of impressing to do.

There are stories circling that the 8GB version is up for the chop, this would make sense to me. I personally am edging closer to getting a Wii U but first I think I'll wait until the battery is upgraded. In Japan they've released a battery upgrade that can be bought separately, but I think it's only a matter of time before it becomes the standard battery that comes with every new console..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know this kind of defeats the purpose of owning a Wii U, but I'd like to see some more games support the pro-controller. Not a lot do at the moment. The pro-controller is fantastic, and it makes it feel as though it's competing with the other consoles as well.

It's bound to have support for Mario Kart and Smash Bros., but I'd like the new Zelda's to have it as well, as well as the ability to use Wiimotes and the gamepad.
  • PinSarlaPinSarla Posts: 4,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really hoping for some impressive announcements we don't currently know about (apart from Retro's new title)
  • brbbrb Posts: 27,404
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm really hoping an achievements system. A Pokémon Stadium game would be amazing on the U with Miiverse. It would be epic. I'm probably most excited for X & Y news. Also for Smash Bros.

Add me on U: Coggit :D
  • SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    brb wrote: »
    I'm really hoping an achievements system.

The WiiU desperately needs an achievement system similar 2 the PS3 / 360 ... It should have been implemented from launch IMO. :rolleyes: (& folders would be canny aswell cause my menu screen is a right mess) :(

Give us the above & decent 3rd party titles @ E3 Nintendo PLZ!!! :cool:
  • TheSilentFezTheSilentFez Posts: 11,102
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm mainly interested in the new Mario Kart. It's my favourite game franchise so I'll be excited to see what the Wii U has to offer.
  • MD1500MD1500 Posts: 14,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nintendo released a Vine video. Iwata, Reggie and Miyamoto are still in LA.

https://vine.co/v/bLplLZqeQJJ
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SimonB79 wrote: »
    The WiiU desperately needs an achievement system similar 2 the PS3 / 360 ... It should have been implemented from launch IMO. :rolleyes: (& folders would be canny aswell cause my menu screen is a right mess) :(

Give us the above & decent 3rd party titles @ E3 Nintendo PLZ!!! :cool:

I'm not too sure how it works, but the issue is surely the longer they leave it, the harder it will be to implement? as they'll have to go back and add the achievements into the game? So if we don't see it this E3, I doubt we'll ever see it on the U.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 673
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hopefully with a reveal of smashbros, some more nintendo series will get more attention such as metroid, star fox and fire emblem :)

WOULD LOVE A FIRE EMBLEM ON THE WII U! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Actually pretty excited :o:o Need Pkmn news! Oh and with Resident Evil 7 tipped to be announced, I hope it comes to the U considering 6 skipped us! Amazon Germany also lists GTA 5 for the PC, so hopefully it will come to the U after all.
  • PinSarlaPinSarla Posts: 4,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nemokins wrote: »
    Hopefully with a reveal of smashbros, some more nintendo series will get more attention such as metroid, star fox and fire emblem :)

WOULD LOVE A FIRE EMBLEM ON THE WII U! :D

There's Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem?

Looking forward to tomorrow's Direct more than any other conference, I really want to Nintendo to knock it out the park.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did Ubisoft announce thing U wise? I missed it :(!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did Ubisoft announce thing U wise? I missed it :(!

Nothing new except Just Dance 2014.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm looking forward to Mario Kart and the 3D mario platformer. I just hope it's not another Galaxy type game. Ideally it'd be a direct sexual to SM64.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MD1500 wrote: »
    Nothing new except Just Dance 2014.

Extremely disappointing. Maybe some more will be announced during the Nintendo Direct? Ubisoft have been a pretty big supporter of the U so far, so it's a shame they haven't announced any more games for it...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jonesy88 wrote: »
    Ideally it'd be a direct sexual to SM64.

Mario's first ERSB:M/PEGI:18 outing perhaps? A la "We Dare"?
  • KevinessKeviness Posts: 2,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't enjoy the Mario Galaxy games at all.

I'd love something like Sunshine.
  • barracuda91barracuda91 Posts: 3,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Extremely disappointing. Maybe some more will be announced during the Nintendo Direct? Ubisoft have been a pretty big supporter of the U so far, so it's a shame they haven't announced any more games for it...

Yeah I was really disappointed with that as well. Fingers crossed they were keeping them back for the Nintendo Direct but it would've been better to announce the games for all platforms if they were coming to all platforms, so I am a bit worried even Ubisoft aren't showing that much support now. What happened to letting everyone having the chance to play a game?!

I'm really hyped for the Direct. I haven't watched a single conference because I'm fine with the news on other sites, but I'm super excited about this. I just hope it's repeated because I have to go out during the hour so I'll miss it live.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1 hour 25 minutes! ahhh
  • SilverCrownSilverCrown Posts: 1,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't really shock me Ubisoft didn't announce anything for the Wii U. Not after what they did with Rayman Legends, and the amount of anger from Wii U fans they got.

Excited to see this though! 29 minutes. Here's hoping for some fantastic stuff!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fairy type confirmed! There were some rumours over on thewiiu forum!
  • PunksNotDeadPunksNotDead Posts: 21,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nintendo conference about to begin
    LINK
  • SilverCrownSilverCrown Posts: 1,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pokemon X and Y look soooo good!