• brbbrb Posts: 27,404
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Super Mario 3D World U.

Oh Nintendo. *THROWS MONEY AT*
  • LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cat Mario *l* Oh Nintendo, you so weird. Don't change.
  • KevinessKeviness Posts: 2,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not impressed with Mario 3D World...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2 delayed games already. Wii Fit U should of been a launch title, and now it's been delayed even more.
  • Yoshi FanYoshi Fan Posts: 13,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope there's another Mario game to be unveiled for the Wii U. As much as I like the look of 3D World, I think they should keep the likes of NSMB and Super Mario 3D games to the 3DS.
  • SilverCrownSilverCrown Posts: 1,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well that was...A little disappointing. :(
  • SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've missed the presentation! :(

Any decent 3rd party titles coming our way guys? :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, Simon.

Nothing new was announced other than what we already knew... Like literally. Nothing. Nada. Zilch.

Extremely underwhelming and Nintendo have just destroyed any chance of beating Microsoft this generation. I actually feel slightly embarrassed defending Nintendo now :s I mean... just... wth happened?! Really, they didn't have a press conference because they had NOTHING to announce?

That seems to be the top and bottom of it...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    brb wrote: »
    No, Simon.

Nothing new was announced other than what we already knew... Like literally. Nothing. Nada. Zilch.

Extremely underwhelming and Nintendo have just destroyed any chance of beating Microsoft this generation. I actually feel slightly embarrassed defending Nintendo now :s I mean... just... wth happened?! Really, they didn't have a press conference because they had NOTHING to announce?

That seems to be the top and bottom of it...

Just been on nintendolife ... MarioKart has been delayed til spring 2014 :eek: ... The WiiU will be 6 feet under by then ... The PS4 / X1 will see 2 that! :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OH SIMON! I lied. They did announce *ONE* new game. Art Academy U... seriously.
  • KevinessKeviness Posts: 2,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very disappointed, I was expecting a new Mario game similar to that of Sunshine/Galaxy - Not a 3DS game...

It's sad that the only thing stopping me from selling my Wii U is an updated GameCube game... :(
  • Banana RamaBanana Rama Posts: 3,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SimonB79 wrote: »
    Just been on nintendolife ... MarioKart has been delayed til spring 2014 :eek: ... The WiiU will be 6 feet under by then ... The PS4 / X1 will see 2 that! :(

it is insane that they didn't have the big hitters like mario kart and metroid prime ready on console release, total lack of forward planning...
  • PinSarlaPinSarla Posts: 4,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was all going so well, 30 minutes in and Smash Bros was revealed and I was tempted to think for a moment that this is it. Then it abruptly ended. I thought it was supposed to be an hour long? The 3D Mario I have no interest in, Mario Kart looked great, don't care about Bayonneta 2 so much, Wind Waker is 10 years old regardless of extra content and I seriously, seriously, seriously hope that the DKC game isn't the one that has been touted as Retro's game for a while now, even though it looked pretty gorgeous.

So how long do we have to wait before Nintendo really start blowing people away? Or is that never going to happen? Are we going to be waiting until next year to even get a glimpse of a Metroid game or Zelda? I know there are other conferences this year, and I read before hand that this Direct wasn't going to be as massive as a lot of people were hoping it was going to be, but I wa expecting a little bit more :(
  • TheSilentFezTheSilentFez Posts: 11,102
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mario Kart 8 looks unbelievably good, but why do we have to wait until next year!?
    ...and the fact that they brought bikes back doesn't exactly fill me with happiness, but the rest of the game looks too good for me to really care.
  • gamercraiggamercraig Posts: 6,069
    Forum Member
    It's all too little too late as much as I would love Nintendo to do well. If it wasn't for Ubisoft there would be scant third party support. And it's still £269 at Amazon compared to £349 for a much higher-spec machine with plenty of third party support.
    Forum Member
    Bless the man being so proud that you could NOW SEE FUR on Donkey Kong. He was so polite I didn't have the heart to be angry thinking IS THIS ALL THERE IS?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nintendo are going to be having interviews with GT at 7pm tonight which will be streamed live. it's going to be from the E3 stage floor. I doubt they'd announce any new games in such an informal fashion, but hopefully we can hear new things about the future of the console (especially updates - files are NEEDED).
  • Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,761
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's so sad that apart from Animal Crossing nothing interests me anymore and Nintendo is where it began for me to.

Although Zelda lttp 3D looks great, was that featured? I switched off.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 108
    Forum Member
    Nothing on Virtual Console? W...T...F???
  • CallousCallous Posts: 11,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some great dev chats about the new Wii U games.

Great quality as well (the live stream Nintendo Direct was really shitty for me..kept cutting out and was about the same resolution as the GBA).

All worth a look as they have new footage and details (Smash Wii U is 1080p, Mario Kart 8 will be 60fps in 2 player as well as single, Mario Kart video sharing, 2 player mode in Bayonetta 2).

http://www.youtube.com/user/Nintendo/videos
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What an utter joke. They called a mini-conference for some "Big news!". Made people wait 45 minutes, with many people (including the editor of ONM and the presenters of GT) think they were about to announce a new game. They announced Wii Fit female trainer as a SSB character.

It annoyed pretty much everyone, especially the presenters of GT who said that Nintendo were "the little leagues" playing against "the professionals" (Microsoft/Sony). I just don't understand Nintendo... I really don't :-S
    Forum Member
    I really think the time has come to just launch their IPs on other platforms, much as I hate to say it
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gamercraig wrote: »
    I really think the time has come to just launch their IPs on other platforms, much as I hate to say it

This will never happen anytime soon. During the Nintendo Hour on GT in interviews with Reggie, Reggie wants NIntendo to focus primarily on 1st party exclusives (although I think these should come first, 3rd party games are just as important imo!). In fact, as Reggie pointed out, Nintendo own 4 of the 10 best selling franchises ever (Mario, Pkmn, "Wii" (Wii sports, music etc) and Wii Sports. And then they have Mario Kart, Zelda & Donkey Kong all within the top 20 also.

They are still far to profitable. In fact, they are what is keeping the Wii U afloat atm. There is, really, no other reason to buy a U at the moment.

Btw, my anger above wasn't about Wii Fit Girl being added to SSB (I actually like it from the trailers), it was about the way it was handled ^^
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Super Mario 3D World looks absolutely amazing. I haven't played the 3DS equivalent, but this one has really piqued my attention. Looks even better than Galaxy imho.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kal_El wrote: »
    Super Mario 3D World looks absolutely amazing. I haven't played the 3DS equivalent, but this one has really piqued my attention. Looks even better than Galaxy imho.

All the WiiU games @ E3 look magnificent!!! :) ... It's just a shame most of em are on a 9+ month waiting list! :(