What must you do to win a task?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,451
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Suggestions, please, for what the Team Leader must do to win a task.

Positives only, please :) Everyone begins with 9 lives, but loses a life every time they use a negative.

I'll start (because I'm egotistical :) )

1. Apply common sense

2. Read and obey the rules, and refer back to them throughout the task.

3. Understand, and play to, people's strengths.

4. Keep separate the need to project-manage and your own causes celebre (as in "I can take photos / shoot video / etc )

5. Get on with the people you work with.

6. Stay in touch

Errr...

Dave

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    7. Trust no one because the others are not as nice as you are.
  • CXC3000CXC3000 Posts: 10,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Go under SAS's desk.... (hey, you asked for a suggestion - there it is)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    8. Make eyes at Siralan and beg for another chance - as team leader.
  • DroodDrood Posts: 733
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If the task is to film an advertisement, just do a thirty second still shot of the product with the name of the product in block capitals at the bottom of the screen so SAS can't say he doesn't know what the bladdy advert was for.
  • Love BearLove Bear Posts: 35,754
    Forum Member
    He's never bladdy well heard of sabliminal advertising.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,451
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorree, folks! vidalia and drood each had two negatives, so 7 lives each remain. LB had one negative so 8 lives.

(Melvin, of course, has no life -- I thought I'd say that before anyone else has a chance :):))

You've all fallen into the trap of saying how to please SAS. It's how to win a task -- and all the tasks have measurable results (most profit, etc.)

:0) Dave
  • bargepolebargepole Posts: 344
    Forum Member
    Review the tapes of all previous Apprentice series, and avoid making the same basic errors that were made in those tasks.

This is something that most of the fired (and yet-to-be-fired) candidates in the current series have singularly failed to do. In fact, you'd think some of them came into this series without ever having seen the programme before!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do what it says on the tin.
  • KatenutzsKatenutzs Posts: 2,981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bargepole wrote: »
    Review the tapes of all previous Apprentice series, and avoid making the same basic errors that were made in those tasks.

This is something that most of the fired (and yet-to-be-fired) candidates in the current series have singularly failed to do. In fact, you'd think some of them came into this series without ever having seen the programme before!

That is so true, you would think it would be part of preparing for an interview to look at past shows but they clearly havn't
  • nwbrfcnwbrfc Posts: 252
    Forum Member
    tell those who refuse to support you (mentioning no names . . Clair and Alex;)) to f*ck off back to the house because you don't want people who are not going to work with you on your team. It might make them stand up and take you seriously.