Options

The John James Appreciation Thread (Part 13)

Comments

• Options
    jackyo55jackyo55 Posts: 19,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thank you jackyo

thats what i heard also :D

your welcome :D
  • Options
    nyannienyannie Posts: 8,536
    Forum Member
    Thanks jacky. I have always wondered about it.

Nice to see you posting.

Well, back to the ironing
  • Options
    augusta92augusta92 Posts: 8,677
    Forum Member
    CrazyChick wrote: »

Thank you for posting that, and to everyone who found all the photos of him at that nightclub.:D

I am so impressed with your dedication:D

Its not exactly a brilliant photo is it??????? But hopefully he had some fun....

I wonder who he went with, its hard to identify anyone else in the photos.....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Morning all.

Positively tropical this morning 1 degree!

I have finally gotten my files in order and my desk is clear. If only we could sell our ice cream maker, I'd have a foot more space in the study. We bought it thinking we'd make lots of ice cream and we've used it about 3 times. Must put a small ad in the newsagents to see if I can get rid of it.

Well, guess I'd best get on. I have lots to do today and need to be at the physio later this morning.

Have a lovely day and hope John is enjoying himself.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    nyannie wrote: »
    Morning all.

Positively tropical this morning 1 degree!

I have finally gotten my files in order and my desk is clear. If only we could sell our ice cream maker, I'd have a foot more space in the study. We bought it thinking we'd make lots of ice cream and we've used it about 3 times. Must put a small ad in the newsagents to see if I can get rid of it.

Well, guess I'd best get on. I have lots to do today and need to be at the physio later this morning.

Have a lovely day and hope John is enjoying himself.

evening all...

so snow is forecast for tomorrow and CBB is due to finish tonight.

Im renewing my first aid certificate this weekend, its going to be so exciting .....not.....Its a useful qualification, but Ive never thought it that useful , cos although you can then do artificial respiratation, almost everything else involves, just stabilising the injured person and calling an ambulance.

Or will it have changed???
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Morning all.

Bright and sunny. I have just finished counting birds in the garden - not many I must admit. Will do more later.

Our sofa is being picked up at lunchtime to be reupholstered. Really can't wait. The chairs will have to be done too but they will have to wait til we have more money.

Have a lovely day - I am going to watch Saturday Kitchen and then go and study all the bulbs that are coming up.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    was it just one day to count the birds? did you have any interesting ones?

evening everyone....

well the recovery position and the CPR ratio have changed, but other wise the first aid course seems fairly similar....at least now I can use a triangular bandage...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    augusta92 wrote: »
    was it just one day to count the birds? did you have any interesting ones?

evening everyone....

well the recovery position and the CPR ratio have changed, but other wise the first aid course seems fairly similar....at least now I can use a triangular bandage...

Morning, gosh it is quiet on here. Where is everyone?

No, bird counting is all day today and you have to pick an hour on one day. We have had 3 wood pigeons (hate them), a wren, 1 blackbird and four blue tits and an awful magpie! I don't leave food out for them since we had humungous sized rats in the garden and on our patio.
  • Options
    muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Afternoon all :) Not been around, sorry - caught up in the BB MF during CBB, the threads are what makes BB for me, I love it :) So pleased that Ryan came 3rd - the other two were a given for so long that I feel he was a bit of a winner for achieving 3rd :)

Hope you are all well.
  • Options
    Lindy_LoueLindy_Loue Posts: 9,874
    Forum Member
    Hello all :)

Just checking in.....hope everyone's well

Watched the Australian Open this morning, disappointed for Andy, but the right man won....now watching Oldham v Liverpool in the FA Cup

Definitely a day for sport :D

Back later

Lindy xx
  • Options
    Forum Member
    muggins14 wrote: »
    Afternoon all :) Not been around, sorry - caught up in the BB MF during CBB, the threads are what makes BB for me, I love it :) So pleased that Ryan came 3rd - the other two were a given for so long that I feel he was a bit of a winner for achieving 3rd :)

Hope you are all well.

Nice to see you. I too was pleased Ryan came third. I have actually given up on BB. Final straw was when I learned that Rylan was allowed out to rehearse. No more CBB or BB for me. Will content myself to reading the threads.
  • Options
    Lindy_LoueLindy_Loue Posts: 9,874
    Forum Member
    Nice to see you. I too was pleased Ryan came third. I have actually given up on BB. Final straw was when I learned that Rylan was allowed out to rehearse. No more CBB or BB for me. Will content myself to reading the threads.

Me too nyannie :)

Although when I watched an episode of CBB with my daughter recently (she wasn't feeling well, lol :p), we both found ourselves drawn back in with shocking ease :eek: It took us right back to the early days of the 'real' BB that we knew and loved.....

I find that for me, as I don't want to watch BB as it is now, the best thing is not to start at all. Which I guess means that it still has some pull.......:confused:

Night all :yawn:

Sleep well :sleep::sleep:

Lindy x
  • Options
    Forum Member

Hope you are all well.

So thats where you have been!!!

Ive been working all week, this week and next....useful, but feel so so tired......and i know some people do manage it permanently......I wish I knew how they did it?

I watched a bit, but agree with Lindy, its so easy to be drawn in, I am also glad Ryan came third.

And
    ✫ ✫ ✫.
    `⋎´✫¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•✫
    ..✫¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.✫
    ☻/ღ˚ •。♥ ˚ ˚✰˚ ˛★* 。 ღ˛° 。* °♥ ˚ • ★
    /▌*˛˚ ░ ░Happy Birthday 50th Ali* °♥ ˚ • ★ *˚ .ღ 。
    / \ ˚. ★ *˛ ˚♥♥* ✰。˚ ˚ღ。* ˛˚ ♥♥ 。✰˚* ˚ ★ღ

hope you have a lovely one
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Im only on here briefly,

but did you realise how much money you can actually spend on pets? I thought the advert with the hamster in a gold plated cage was a joke, and then realised we spend almost £150 month on feeding and insuring our 2 dogs, let alone feeding 2 cats and buying arthritis medicine for the older one!!!

Im staggered....and shocked....!!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    GOOD MORNING ALI - HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Hope you have a lovely day and that you do something nice for yourself. We all appreciate you and you deserve to do something nice.

Lots of Love

Axxx
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Im only on here briefly,

but did you realise how much money you can actually spend on pets? I thought the advert with the hamster in a gold plated cage was a joke, and then realised we spend almost £150 month on feeding and insuring our 2 dogs, let alone feeding 2 cats and buying arthritis medicine for the older one!!!

Im staggered....and shocked....!!!!

I am not surprised - friends who have pets have spent a fortune on theirs. We have never had pets as both of us are allergic. Having said that I did have a goldfish when I was small - Garibaldi. He lived over 3 years when we came down one morning to discover he had jumped out of the bowl - guess he didn't like the other fish.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

And
    ✫ ✫ ✫.
    `⋎´✫¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•✫
    ..✫¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.✫
    ☻/ღ˚ •。♥ ˚ ˚✰˚ ˛★* 。 ღ˛° 。* °♥ ˚ • ★
    /▌*˛˚ ░ ░Happy Birthday 50th Ali* °♥ ˚ • ★ *˚ .ღ 。
    / \ ˚. ★ *˛ ˚♥♥* ✰。˚ ˚ღ。* ˛˚ ♥♥ 。✰˚* ˚ ★ღ

hope you have a lovely one
    Thank you - again :D - Marion xx
    GOOD MORNING ALI - HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Hope you have a lovely day and that you do something nice for yourself. We all appreciate you and you deserve to do something nice.

Lots of Love

Axxx
    Thanks Ann :)
    I am not surprised - friends who have pets have spent a fortune on theirs. We have never had pets as both of us are allergic. Having said that I did have a goldfish when I was small - Garibaldi. He lived over 3 years when we came down one morning to discover he had jumped out of the bowl - guess he didn't like the other fish.
    Laura's been nagging me for a fish, as we can't have a dog :D I did tell her they are a pretty boring pet lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thank you - again :D - Marion xx

Thanks Ann :)

Laura's been nagging me for a fish, as we can't have a dog :D I did tell her they are a pretty boring pet lol

They are - and no matter how hard you try, they never live very long. When you see what pets cost I'm glad we don't have one.

Hope you are enjoying your special day
  • Options
    Lena JLena J Posts: 2,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Happy Birthday Ali, another one for the 50's club!!!! :D

Hope you're having a lovely day. :):)
  • Options
    Forum Member

I think whats scary, is I didnt actually have a clue about how expensive they actually are.

I love the idea of pets, but.......having had our fair share of guinea pigs, ferocious rabbit, 3 cats and 2 dogs, I think Ive just about had enough.!!!!

Luckily one cat, 2 guinea pigs and 1 rabbit have passed away, years ago now.

I always wanted fish, but .......maybe its a good idea we never got them.

would anyone like a cat? we have 2 going spare?
  • Options
    GiddykipperGiddykipper Posts: 426
    Forum Member
    I think whats scary, is I didnt actually have a clue about how expensive they actually are.

I love the idea of pets, but.......having had our fair share of guinea pigs, ferocious rabbit, 3 cats and 2 dogs, I think Ive just about had enough.!!!!

would anyone like a cat? we have 2 going spare
    ?

:eek: They bestow upon you the great honour of choosing to live with you, and you just spurn this gift?!:eek:

I've just told my cat about this base ingratitude and she is shocked - glassy-eyed- whiskers curling- and it put her completely off her evening caviar... :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lena J wrote: »
    Happy Birthday Ali, another one for the 50's club!!!! :D

Hope you're having a lovely day. :):)
    Quiet thanks Lena - parents too cold and tired to do anything so it's the usual Monday night in. Will see Kay when she stops working (I'll wait until she's 85 :D)
    :eek: They bestow upon you the great honour of choosing to live with you, and you just spurn this gift?!:eek:

I've just told my cat about this base ingratitude and she is shocked - glassy-eyed- whiskers curling- and it put her completely off her evening caviar... :p
    haha :D I somehow feel you're half serious :D
  • Options
    Forum Member

would anyone like a cat? we have 2 going spare?

Thanks for the offer but I'm allergic. We have an orange marmalade cat who comes into our garden most days - don't know where it lives.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Morning all

Hope you had a good day muggins.

Sorry augusta no cats for me. I'm allergic.

Well, best get going - need to say cheerio to o/h who is about to leave for work.

Keep dry everyone - rain is supposed to be heavy.
  • Options
    ucra girlucra girl Posts: 19,741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Happy belated birthday Alixx I have seen your MF thread aww.
This discussion has been closed.