Which iPad?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Black SheepBlack Sheep Posts: 15,219
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MARTYM8 wrote: »
    I did the same - you can get them direct form Apple or Currys I saved £90 on the normal price.

If you want an Ipad it depends if you will just use it at home (on wifi) or on the move. I bought one with mobile cellular access - as its more useful. A mini is more portable - it fits in your jacket or coat pocket but clearly the screen is smaller.

Its been a godsend to be able to know when the next bus is coming in the winter weather!

But there are other tablets - cos Apple aren't cheap!

I tether my ipad to my iPhone and so didn't need the extra cost of a cellular ipad. This is an option more people are taking I think.

I recently changed from a mini which I liked for all the reasons you stated to an ipad air and the air isn't much bigger than the mini was. Saying that I did like the minis portability.

There are less costly,options out there though.
  • Options
    Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've got an iPad mini. I've had bigger tablets and smaller ones but I've found that the iPad mini is the best. The 7 inches are too small, especially now that phones are bigger and the 10 inches are good for indoor usage but are really heavy to carry around. They even start to get heavy after a while at home and aren't good for using in bed. The iPad mini is light so is great for carrying around. The screen is big enough for comfortable web surfing, watching videos, playing games etc.
  • Options
    ihatemarmiteihatemarmite Posts: 5,605
    Forum Member
    How long does the iPad mini battery last on eg 75% screen brightness (or auto brightness)? Anyone know in aeroplane mode how much longer it lasts?
    Also what's the sound like? I have an Air which replaced an iPad 3. The 3 had louder, better volume, Air is a bit quiet.