Sportsweek on 5 live without Garry Richardson - bliss!

Clank007Clank007 Posts: 2,799
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi,
Is anyone currently listening to Sportsweek on BBC Radio 5 live?
I had given up on it until now because of the ridiculous questions and interviewing style of Garry Richardson.

But it was great to switch it on at 9am today to hear David Davies presenting.
Unlike Richardson David Davies actually asks relevant questions without desperately searching for a headline.
He gives people the opportunity to talk and again unlike Richardson listens and responds to their answers.

I hope this isn't a temporary move but I imagine Richardson will be back soon :(

Comments

• ftakeithftakeith Posts: 3,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Clank007 wrote: »
    Hi,
    Is anyone currently listening to Sportsweek on BBC Radio 5 live?
    I had given up on it until now because of the ridiculous questions and interviewing style of Garry Richardson.

But it was great to switch it on at 9am today to hear David Davies presenting.
    Unlike Richardson David Davies actually asks relevant questions without desperately searching for a headline.
    He gives people the opportunity to talk and again unlike Richardson listens and responds to their answers.

I hope this isn't a temporary move but I imagine Richardson will be back soon :(

totally agree Garry Richardson is terrible, he is only on tv when wimbledon comes around
    Sportsweek should use david davies, will perry, elenor olyrod, or others to give them experience through many sports
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ftakeith wrote: »
    totally agree Garry Richardson is terrible, he is only on tv when wimbledon comes around
    Sportsweek should use david davies, will perry, elenor olyrod, or others to give them experience through many sports

Perhaps he's on holiday, it has been known.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 185
    Forum Member
    ftakeith wrote: »

Problem with your shift key?
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Problem with your shift key?

I believe her name is Eleanor Oldroyd (for the record)
  • countyboycountyboy Posts: 1,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agree re Richardson. His over persistent probing drives me mad, and I'm amazed one of his victims hasn't reacted in a physical way.
    Jonathan Overend, I think, has presented the show in the past, and I thought he was excellent.
    David Davies is too much a soccer boy for me.