Options

Cheryl sly dig at Mel

J05hJ05h Posts: 1,622
Forum Member
✭✭✭
When Cheryl was voting to save Lauren she made a dig at Mel voting to save SK basically saying how she had criticised them then changed her mind etc.

I think Cheryl forgetting the performance is supposed to be based on the sing-off.

As for the sing-off it was one of Lauren better performances but I think Ella showed how poor Lauren really is.

However with SK been knocked out I imagine she will pick up some of their votes.

Comments

• Options
    babygerlebabygerle Posts: 77
    Forum Member
    J05h wrote: »
    When Cheryl was voting to save Lauren she made a dig at Mel voting to save SK basically saying how she had criticised them then changed her mind etc.

I think Cheryl forgetting the performance is supposed to be based on the sing-off.

As for the sing-off it was one of Lauren better performances but I think Ella showed how poor Lauren really is.

However with SK been knocked out I imagine she will pick up some of their votes.

Very sly indeed! Mel believes Cheryl is a friend but Cheryl couldn't care less.
  • Options
    CranberryappleCranberryapple Posts: 12,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It wasn't exactly sly!! Mel was sitting next to her:confused:

I agreed with Cheryl. Mel's ' been on Lauren's side practically every week, whilst slating the SK's. Her decision was questionable. In my opinion anyway.
  • Options
    notinnotin Posts: 1,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The kicks have been in bottom several times it was time for them to go
  • Options
    d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    Cheryl doesn't even follow Mel on Twitter.

There's no way they're the besties that they try and make out. I still think the best female genuine friendship was between Nicole and Sharon.
  • Options
    Visitor QVisitor Q Posts: 604
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She was right. If it's supposed to be based on the sing-off Lauren was about 100 times better.

I usually don't mind deadlock, it gives the fairest result, but it shouldn't have even been necessary this time.

That said, Mel acted like she was delivering a script she didn't like.
  • Options
    rubyred25rubyred25 Posts: 1,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Visitor Q wrote: »
    She was right. If it's supposed to be based on the sing-off Lauren was about 100 times better.

I usually don't mind deadlock, it gives the fairest result, but it shouldn't have even been necessary this time.

That said, Mel acted like she was delivering a script she didn't like.
    Agreed!
    Why did Mel seem uncomfortable saying her words? She seemed like she was going against something?
  • Options
    Arthur_BArthur_B Posts: 3,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure that Cheryl, like most of us, felt that Lauren would probably have been lowest in the votes and that Mel would possibly be the reason she'd go - so I'm not surprised she was peeved. It'll be interesting to see how things are between them next week.
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rubyred25 wrote: »
    Agreed!
    Why did Mel seem uncomfortable saying her words? She seemed like she was going against something?

I felt like she was just doing what she was told and didn't believe the words coming out of her mouth. She was exactly the same when she saved Stevi.
    She's been told who she has to save but she really doesn't want to to it
  • Options
    HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mel only voted for SK because Her teenage daughter and all her mates love them. How stupid.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Females are capable of complex relationship in the same way males are you know? Why is there this belief that female judges have to either be best friends or enemies?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 434
    Forum Member
    Lets get real here, Mel has bashed Stereo Kicks for weeks. She has constantly gone on about their lack of identity and vocal presence. Cheryl was totally right to pull that comment upon seeing Mel throw Lauren under the bus for an act she has clearly had issues with for much of the live shows.

Mel lost a lot of credibility tonight, with Cheryl and viewers I can safely say.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 350
    Forum Member
    IMO it's very obvious what happened tonight

Did no-one else think how odd it was that Mel B said "oh you don't want to come to me first" a few times when Dermot asked for who she wanted to save?

Seems clear to me she was still waiting for producers' instructions on who to save and Dermot was meant to go to her last but made a mistake. Mel then panicked and assumed she had to save the act who had been favoured by Simon and producers throughout

If anyone thinks the judges (apart from Simon) actually get a choice in who the save then they are very naive. Sharon used to go off script now and then, like she did last year, which is why she was such a problem for the powers that be

Best evidence of this was the week Stevi was saved over Jay, you saw Cheryl look over to the right to the producers before giving her decision. Cheryl won't genuinely be annoyed at Mel, she knows how the show works, she wouldn't have come back if she wasn't happy with stuff like this. It's all one big act
  • Options
    Fibromite59Fibromite59 Posts: 22,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    babygerle wrote: »
    Very sly indeed! Mel believes Cheryl is a friend but Cheryl couldn't care less.

I don't blame Cheryl. Who would want to be friends with Mel? She acts just like a miserable, sulky little toddler who can't get her own way.
  • Options
    coolercooler Posts: 13,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    C_N1 wrote: »

Did no-one else think how odd it was that Mel B said "oh you don't want to come to me first" a few times when Dermot asked for who she wanted to save?

Seems clear to me she was still waiting for producers' instructions on who to save and Dermot was meant to go to her last but made a mistake. Mel then panicked and assumed she had to save the act who had been favoured by Simon and producers throughout

If anyone thinks the judges (apart from Simon) actually get a choice in who the save then they are very naive. Sharon used to go off script now and then, like she did last year, which is why she was such a problem for the powers that be

Best evidence of this was the week Stevi was saved over Jay, you saw Cheryl look over to the right to the producers before giving her decision. Cheryl won't genuinely be annoyed at Mel, she knows how the show works, she wouldn't have come back if she wasn't happy with stuff like this. It's all one big act

I doubt the producers instructions are given to the judges after both acts have performed in the sing-off.

How do the producers tell the judges who to vote for then? Hand signals?
  • Options
    JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cheryl is one of the stoniest faces on TV, if not THE stoniest. She has no personality except when she puts it on for a song.
  • Options
    Speak-SoftlySpeak-Softly Posts: 24,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    C_N1 wrote: »

Seriously?

Why are there all these conspiracies when the truth is usually more mundane and straight forward?

Mel hasn't been a judge before, is that right?
    She wants to make an impression and is ultra keen to keep her acts in.

The sing off by Lauren was stunning and you could see the fear that she might be left with no act for the final, as Andrea is the weak link.
    It was her chance to get rid of some opposition.

She did the same when she voted out JJames rather than Stevie.
    Exactly the same scenario, she slated Stevie for weeks and weeks, said she "didn't get him" then voted off the other singer?

I'm not suggesting JJames was ever a threat or even that good, but the public can be fickle so getting rid when you get the chance makes sense if you are very keen for your act to win.
  • Options
    MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member
    Blondie X wrote: »
    I felt like she was just doing what she was told and didn't believe the words coming out of her mouth. She was exactly the same when she saved Stevi.
    She's been told who she has to save but she really doesn't want to to it

Spot on - the only thing that isn't rigged about the show is the public vote. It's been obvious for years now. And if they could get away with that they would.

So drop the attacks on Mel - she is simply earning her fee for services rendered.
  • Options
    Speak-SoftlySpeak-Softly Posts: 24,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MARTYM8 wrote: »
    Spot on - the only thing that isn't rigged about the show is the public vote. It's been obvious for years now. And if they could get away with that they would.

So drop the attacks on Mel - she is simply earning her fee for services rendered.

But why would it need to be rigged?

Nobody producing the show cares who wins. They just need a couple of hours entertainment for however long the series run.
    They keep groups like SK in as long as possible for the ratings, the same with the joke acts.

I don't watch X factor normally so from the outside it appears it never matters who wins, the acts make records anyway and some are successful and some aren't.

For instance, I thought OD had won, and Olly Murs and that Ella person, oh and that other group, the ones who were around a few years back, and the two Irish lads. Those are the ones whose names I have heard and whose records seem to be around.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Seriously?

Why are there all these conspiracies when the truth is usually more mundane and straight forward?

Mel hasn't been a judge before, is that right?
    She wants to make an impression and is ultra keen to keep her acts in.

The sing off by Lauren was stunning and you could see the fear that she might be left with no act for the final, as Andrea is the weak link.
    It was her chance to get rid of some opposition.

She did the same when she voted out JJames rather than Stevie.
    Exactly the same scenario, she slated Stevie for weeks and weeks, said she "didn't get him" then voted off the other singer?

I'm not suggesting JJames was ever a threat or even that good, but the public can be fickle so getting rid when you get the chance makes sense if you are very keen for your act to win.

The reason there are conspiracies theories are because X Factor is one big conspiracy. It's amazing we're in series 11 now and people still think it's clean and fair.

As if Mel would see Jay as a threat, after pointing how weak he was for weeks on end. She was acting under instructions, the show needed a shock elimination (as they have every year), so putting through the 'joke' act over Jay worked perfectly
  • Options
    Forum Member
    cooler wrote: »
    I doubt the producers instructions are given to the judges after both acts have performed in the sing-off.

How do the producers tell the judges who to vote for then? Hand signals?

There are runners next to the tsage who have headsets on, you see them speaking to the judges while acts perform sometimes when the camera pans out. There was an eviction a couple of years ago when you saw Louis get instructions off one (Caroline vs Rylan I believe)