OMG soooooo sick of the sob stories

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 171
Forum Member
Is it just me??? This is allegedly about talent so WHY all the crappy emotional blackmail ~ enough already. :(

Comments

• QuannoiQuannoi Posts: 1,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree - it's not relevant and quite manipulative.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,678
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know, it seems to be every single time now.

I want to be raised up, feel good, not worried about peoples bad backgrounds
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,286
    Forum Member
    Totally agree.

They are unnecessary and don't make me 'warm' to any of the acts any more. In fact it does the opposite and turns me off them. I quite liked Beverley until tonight's story :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,965
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Beverleys wasnt too bad as sob stories go. But the chick from Hope who went through their parents breakup... please.
  • SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,892
    Forum Member
    I agree it is not necessary.... I'm sure many people on here have hard times and trauma's.... does that mean an automatic place on the X Factor final shows? :D This is meant to be about vocal ability and talent, not who can share the biggest woe is me story. If anything when they start it makes me more inclined to want that act out of the show..... certainly doesn't make me think "what a shame keep hem in"
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 370
    Forum Member
    Beverly's sob story was irritating because it literally came out of nowhere. One minute she's living with her grandmother and the next minute it seemed like she wanted to go grave-digging?! *(Ok, I get it she can't speak to her mom because she died but give me a break.......) Next week, tears over the fact her great-great grandfather will never be able to see her compete?
    They really dug the bottom of the barrel for the Hope "please vote for us because we have had a miserable past" story.
    My parents broke up. Bo ****ing hoo....
    Can't anyone just sing?
  • TiffaniTiffani Posts: 5,444
    Forum Member
    They shouldnt need these sob stories. I think it is pathetic and if the contestants had more self respect they would refuse to cry on camera.
  • EtherealEthereal Posts: 36,118
    Forum Member
    Beverleys wasnt too bad as sob stories go. But the chick from Hope who went through their parents breakup... please.

Disagree completely, Beverley's was far worse than Raquelle's. "Why didn't she want me?! :cry:"

Is "doing it for the children" not enough? :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,450
    Forum Member
    Sob stories are Sooooo sickening....
  • LojenLojen Posts: 1,009
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Completely agree, I could not care less anymore. It is so irrelevant.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,129
    Forum Member
    One minute she's living with her grandmother and the next minute it seemed like she wanted to go grave-digging?!

LMAO!!!!:p:p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,965
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ethereal wrote: »
    Disagree completely, Beverley's was far worse than Raquelle's. "Why didn't she want me?! :cry:"

Im saying she never knew her mum. Thats deep in whatever case.

I dont think it should be part of the show at all, but as far as sob stories go it was one of the more sypathetic ones for me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,803
    Forum Member
    deleted
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,286
    Forum Member
    Ethereal wrote: »

Apparently not...

Although she's now on par with Dead dad and, 'I'm just a dinner lady' Niki :rolleyes:
  • redcherryredcherry Posts: 12,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Interesting that the person with the best voice doesnt have or need a sob story - Rhydian.
  • WomanerrrrWomanerrrr Posts: 427
    Forum Member
    redcherry wrote: »
    Interesting that the person with the best voice doesnt have or need a sob story - Rhydian.

So true. I fell for Niki's sob story having recently lost a parent so it does work if you are in a vulnerable state. I have opened my eyes to it this week though. My partner is adopted and doesn't milk it. He loves his adopted parents. I think Beverley was lucky in the fact she grew up with her blood family. I imagine a lot of adoptees never get to know their biological parents. I don't think the programme should dwell on these issues.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 171
    Forum Member
    Ditto