Options

Arsenal Supporters Thread (Part 3)

Comments

• Options
    ihatemarmiteihatemarmite Posts: 5,605
    Forum Member
    Tel69 wrote: »
    :D:D There was me thinking they were the best side in Europe. It was surpririsingly easy to get a ticket for the home leg this morning. None of the usual meltdown on the website.

don't gloat mate. As a mere Red peasant, I've got no chance of a ticket :(
  • Options
    Red OkktoberRed Okktober Posts: 10,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Simon1984 wrote: »
    True, but surely you play on the following weekend so you would only have 3, maybe 4 days after the Spurs game instead off the full week if you had played them on the original date. Swings and roundabouts really.

It was mentioned earlier that playing spurs midweek, brings the following game at wigan forward in terms of number of days rest. That's the pitfall of still being in the CL. But of our remaining Prem matches, the spurs one is the hardest on paper, so having a break before that game is better than having it before the wigan one. Plus spurs play during our break, which makes it even more attractive.

Playing wigan 4 days after spurs and wolves 3 days after the first leg with barca isn't ideal when you are challenging for the Prem title and makes both those matches tougher than they would have been, but if you had to pick your opponents under such circumstances, you could do a lot worse than wolves and wigan. Spurs for example :)
  • Options
    Tel69Tel69 Posts: 27,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    don't gloat mate. As a mere Red peasant, I've got no chance of a ticket :(

I wasn't gloating. I didn't realise the usual 1500 tickets they hold back for reds doesn't happen for CL games.
  • Options
    satellitesatellite Posts: 8,181
    Forum Member
    Good luck to the lads today - Eddy in particular, wonder if he'll play? This is gonna be another tricky one.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 633
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    satellite wrote: »
    Good luck to the lads today - Eddy in particular, wonder if he'll play? This is gonna be another tricky one.

I think he will get some game time today even if its just a last 15 minute run out to get St Andrews to applaud his return.

Heres hoping the incentive of a league title can add a little extra to our game today. Against a very well organised and stubborn Birmingham with a great home record, I hope we can take the lead early. It should be a good game in the sunshine :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think we've got the easiest game today, all 3 teams should probably win, but if there's an upset it's likely to come in one of the other matches. Obviously villa can compete with the best when they're on their game and bolton aren't total mugs at home either, particually as their game with man u is a local derby as well.

I really don't think birmingham present much of a threat at this time of the season and it should be a comfortable win for us
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    Lets hope so, they do have a good home record though.
  • Options
    HaydenHayden Posts: 32,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Arsenal: Almunia, Sagna, Campbell, Diaby, Clichy, Denilson, Song, Walcott, Fabregas, Rosicky, Bendtner.
    Subs: Fabianski, Nasri, Eduardo, Vela, Arshavin, Eboue, Traore.

Must be saving Sylvester for Barcelona :D:eek:
  • Options
    rhynoGBrhynoGB Posts: 4,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hayden wrote: »
    Arsenal: Almunia, Sagna, Campbell, Diaby, Clichy, Denilson, Song, Walcott, Fabregas, Rosicky, Bendtner.
    Subs: Fabianski, Nasri, Eduardo, Vela, Arshavin, Eboue, Traore.

Must be saving Sylvester for Barcelona :D:eek:

decent team,besides campbell thats as close to a first team you can get
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Is Barcelona on ITV on Wednesday for us?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alot expected of both Rosicky & Walnut today. Fabregas will be the creative force through the middle, however the wide men need to try to stretch the defence in order for the gaps to appear. Bendtner needs to work hard aswel which he often struggles to do! :rolleyes:

Glad to see Song at the back - looking forward to having Vermalaen back in the team for Barca though :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    Is Barcelona on ITV on Wednesday for us?

Only HELL YEAH!!!!!!:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I really don't think birmingham present much of a threat at this time of the season and it should be a comfortable win for us

I think it's going to be a hard game for us. Last week against WHU should have been 'comfortable', but it wasn't - Birmingham certainly won't be. This really is a must-win game - we don't want a dent in our confidence now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Only HELL YEAH!!!!!!:D

Thanks :) I wasnt sure as the Radio Times only says "Coverage of one of the quarter final ties" but doesnt say which.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think it's going to be a hard game for us. Last week against WHU should have been 'comfortable', but it wasn't - Birmingham certainly won't be. This really is a must-win game - we don't want a dent in our confidence now.

Agreed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They're all must-win games now :)

Although john mostson, who's backed us for the title, has us down for 5 wins and 2 draws, today being one of the draws - he reckons if we get those results we'll win the title

I still think a nice win for us today though
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Still 0-0...
  • Options
    NightHawk123NightHawk123 Posts: 7,015
    Forum Member
    Howard Webb favouring the home side.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Why? :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Howard Webb favouring the home side.

My eldest is at the game, he's just sent us a text saying HW has been poor. Apparently Denilson and Wally have been next to useless.
  • Options
    cosmocosmo Posts: 26,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Birmingham players diving over at every opportunity.

We're making hard work of it and Cesc took a knock which seemed to be still troubling him at the end of the half. Not sure if he'll come out for the 2nd half.

I think we can nick this if we keep at it.

We're missing Vermaelen at the back as well. Look a bit disorganised and that's running through the team.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What a scrappy first half. we are playing with no energy, passion or urgency at all. I wish they would go into games with an imaginary 0-1 deficit and play like they have to score rather than they might score

Arshavin and Eboue on for Rosicky and Walcott asap
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I still think a nice win for us today though

I really hope yer right :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    What a scrappy first half. we are playing with no energy, passion or urgency at all. I wish they would go into games with an imaginary 0-1 deficit and play like they have to score rather than they might score

Arshavin and Eboue on for Rosicky and Walcott asap

Rosicky's playing well. Walcott still running down blind alleys but almost got in behind a few times.

Cesc needs to up his game a little but is carrying a knock from the 1st half.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Edu warming up.
This discussion has been closed.