Options

Tottenham Hotspur fans on the forum? (Part 5)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    soulboy77 wrote: »
    Congrats to Spurs defender Steve Caulker (currently on loan to Bristol City), winning November’s Young Player of the Month in the Football League.

Yes he's been brilliant for them all season, carrying on his fine stint while at Yeovil previously. If you check out the City fan boards they rave about the fella.
  • Options
    natalie77natalie77 Posts: 2,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shelleyj89 wrote: »

I think I saw a tweet to someone who said they were stuck at home with the flu? I did ask him once how big Benoit's afro is nowadays, but he didn't reply :(:p

I'm surprised how positive the tweets are he gets, considering how many Spurs fans don't rate him at all.

well that twitter account has now been suspended so it appears it may have been a fake so I will take back my excitment :D
  • Options
    shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    natalie77 wrote: »
    well that twitter account has now been suspended so it appears it may have been a fake so I will take back my excitment :D

I noticed that it had gone. Seeing as he was tweeting Rio Ferdinand, and they are good mates, you'd have thought it was real. We shall wait and see I guess!

Nothing to do with us, but I'm glad the match is going ahead tonight. It turns out I've got flu and a bacterial infection, so a good footie match is what I need to cheer me up, as long as City don't win obviously! :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thats a handy job done by the toffees tonight. Great result for us :D
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bobone wrote: »

I was going to say the same thing :)

If we could win the game in hand, it would make the top 5 very interesting. 4 points seperating everyone.

Obviously with United having 2 games in hand, that would put them 10 points clear of us if they won one of those games, but 2nd spot would be more than reachable.
  • Options
    soulboy77soulboy77 Posts: 24,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With all the talk of City going top for the first time since 1929, it's great to see them falter and lose to a team they should be able to beat!

Now, if Spurs can string a succession of results together.....:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some good news indeed ...Woody on a pre-season training schedule and apparently doing well

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3313149/New-hope-for-serial-crock-Jonathan-Woodgate.html
    Fingers crossed that Woody finally beats his injury and gets back in the squad.

I see also that O'Hara is close to being fit again as well. I wonder if Harry will play him in the current team?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D:D HAPPY ChRISTMAS EVERBODY :D:D

COYS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love you alllllllllllll
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good old Santa left me tickets for the Charlton game! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From the OS:
    Our Premier League match away to Blackpool has been rescheduled for Tuesday, February 22, kick-off 8pm.

The match will not be broadcast live on TV.

Please note that should both clubs be knocked out of the FA Cup prior to this date the match may be placed onto an FA Cup weekend.

Not on the box now :(
  • Options
    vaarthartvainvaarthartvain Posts: 607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    stinking ref sick of them so biased :mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    stinking ref sick of them so biased :mad:

Didn't look to biased when he didn't award Villa a clear penalty.
    Never a red card for Defoe though.
  • Options
    batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So how much profit do you want to make on VdV? :D

We could do with him, when Scholes departs, him and Carrick would do us well I would think. :D

Only kidding, a very well worked second goal well done. :D
  • Options
    Deep PurpleDeep Purple Posts: 63,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great result and performance.

Some dodgy reffing again. Not sure Villa should have had a penalty, but Kabouls goal looked good to me. The sending off was ridiculous, but justice was done in the end.

Vdv is real quality, and another great game from BAE.

Palacios is moving back to form too, so things still on the up.

It was a vital win to keep in touch with the top.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well pleased with that. Thought Defoe sending off was harsh , no intent to do the player and was just jumping using his arms like so many players, he was up agaisnt a player a fair bit taller so hes got to get the highest elevation he can. Yellow card at most I felt. Three games out now. :mad:

Scored two lovely goals especially the second, counter attacking at its best. VDV shows again he's probably the coolest finisher at the club.

Great kudos to all the team who worked their knackers off and didn't let the inadequacies of Mr Atkinson get to them. Wilson had another solid game, good to see him returning to the player that we all know he can be.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well pleased with that. Thought Defoe sending off was harsh , no intent to do the player and was just jumping using his arms like so many players, he was up agaisnt a player a fair bit taller so hes got to get the highest elevation he can. Yellow card at most I felt. Three games out now. :mad:

Scored two lovely goals especially the second, counter attacking at its best. VDV shows again he's probably the coolest finisher at the club.

Great kudos to all the team who worked their knackers off and didn't let the inadequacies of Mr Atkinson get to them. Wilson had another solid game, good to see him returning to the player that we all know he can be.

I agree, didnt think Defoe deserved a red, & yes VDV was great today, i loved the scenes after the whistle too, you can really see how much he cares about the club and team spirit seems high :)

Hope everybody had a great Christmas and that 2011 is a great year for Spurs fans individually and collectively xX xxxxx
  • Options
    kimindexkimindex Posts: 68,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ginger Nut wrote: »
    Didn't look to biased when he didn't award Villa a clear penalty.
    Never a red card for Defoe though.
    Wasn't a clear penalty. It could equally be argued that Heskey fouled Gomes, so the decision was right (ie not a clear penalty). Our disallowed goal was a goal and the ref booked us for tackles that Villa players got a talking to, for. Villa can have no complaints, really.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great result and performance.

Some dodgy reffing again. Not sure Villa should have had a penalty, but Kabouls goal looked good to me. The sending off was ridiculous, but justice was done in the end.

Vdv is real quality, and another great game from BAE.

Palacios is moving back to form too, so things still on the up.

It was a vital win to keep in touch with the top.
    Great, gutsy performance. Fantastic. I hope we appeal the Defoe decision. The ref could have cost us very dearly again.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Back from family duty :)

Pleased with the win and I do agree in that we should appeal the red card because if that was a red, then i'll be partnering VdV up front against Man United on the 16th ..

Talking of VdV, glad he's back as you can see what a difference he makes. BUT, that said, we were still 8 games unbeaten going in to the game without him so it's not like anyone could call us a one-man team because i think we've quite conclusively proven that to be not the case.

(or "crap" as they say in these parts :D)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kimindex wrote: »
    Great, gutsy performance. Fantastic. I hope we appeal the Defoe decision. The ref could have cost us very dearly again.

I think we should but do appeals ever work? I cant remember the circumstances but i think was Robbie Keane who was blatently wrongly carded, and it wasnt over turned.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think we should but do appeals ever work? I cant remember the circumstances but i think was Robbie Keane who was blatently wrongly carded, and it wasnt over turned.
    Yes, I think it was. Worth a try, I guess. The only people who seem to think it was a red were the officials.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kimindex wrote: »

Feel we're in a bit of a stick or twist place with this. If we appeal then he'll be freed up to play tomorrow , and if we win then brilliant. However the worry I've got is with the decision resting with some faceless, nameless nomarks that could quite easily throw it back into our faces like a tiswas custard pie , and give him an extra game ban that would include Man Utd at home.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Clip of Harry advising Pires to go forth and multiply. :D . Love Joe Jordan giving him the icy stare that says more than words ever could :eek:
This discussion has been closed.