HTC One Completely Dead

Cestrian18Cestrian18 Posts: 6,855
Forum Member
Hey Everyone, Quick question really, I was using my HTC One I've had for about 10 months now when the screen suddenly froze, so I thought, oh it's just a glitch and it'll be fine if I hold the power button to restart it, after that it went completely dead though black screen and the charging light won't work. I've tried all the different techniques to get it to work like plugging into my laptop, holding the power & volume keys to reset it but nothing seems to work, it's really frustrating-I'm going to take it back to the store to see if they can do anything but I was wondering if I was being a numpty and there's a simple fix, anything you can offer would be really helpful- Thanks :)

Comments

• chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There are two reset options on the HTC One.

Press and hold the Power and Volume Up buttons for at least 10 seconds to restart the phone. This option does not (or should not) affect any personal data or settings on the phone.

The other option is to hold the Volume Down button then press and hold the Power button. Wait for the Android logo to appear then release the buttons. If you then press the Volume Down button again you can select Factory Reset which will return the phone to the state it was in when you first took it out of the box. So only do this if you have a back-up of all your personal data. Not sure though if you can ignore the Volume Down step and simply continue to use the phone normally.

If you ahve tried these and neither option worked then that does sound like a serious fault.
  • Zee_BukhariZee_Bukhari Posts: 1,335
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    try all the reset options, otherwise call HTC technical support, they will collect your phone repair/replace it and send it back to you, all free.