Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The youth of today isn't watching as they think its ****

yep and decay is here to stay!
  • JVDJVD Posts: 572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The youth of today isn't watching as they think its ****

Then MTV Dance should close as the new dance releases here in the UK are crap. they can always play the older Dance videos over on the new upcoming rebranded VH1 to make the channel more appealable to the 25+ audience.
  • YorkshireTeaYorkshireTea Posts: 1,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why has the UK got a different video for second city - i wonna feel. The American video doesnt fit in at all with the song.

The Romanian and Bulgarian channels use the London filmed video.

I dont like the shorter radio edit thats used here aswell. It goes to the vocals too quick and they inserted another vocal sample that was unnecessary.
  • kezokezo Posts: 11,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I noted Happy Clappers - I Believe on "back to the 90's top 100" ... wow MTV Dance you actually REMEMBER this track? Yet I find it weird that these sort of tracks are either played at weekends or as some mentioned on here left to Club X at 1am in the morning, no wonder your daytime output is that dire
  • Sylvester2007Sylvester2007 Posts: 4,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just seen Lady Gaga's new track on MTV Dance.

Last one to leave, please turn the lights out.
  • chemical2009bchemical2009b Posts: 5,250
    Forum Member
    Club X no longer in the schedule, greedy amateurs.>:(
  • hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That is watching 1 per cent of the channel down to zero :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Teleshopping starting early I do hope :o:D (saying it sarcastically lol)
  • welshboy89welshboy89 Posts: 170
    Forum Member
    Last time i viewed MTV Dance was 2012 that's 2 years ago and i flicked to it for the first time today only because I saw it being mentioned here and my god its a horrible channel now , mind you it wasn't in good form back when I watched it last , The channel has been dire since the 07 re-branding !!
    Forum Member
    Can't believe how excellent tonight's Trance anthems flashback was on MTV Dance, at last they have been climbing into the attic to find gems such as these

Mauro Picotto - Iguana
    Tillman Uhrmacher - On The Run
    Tiesto and Maxi Jazz - Dance 4 Life
    Darude - Out of Control
    Tiesto - Break My Fall
  • TranceClubberTranceClubber Posts: 2,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't believe how excellent tonight's Trance anthems flashback was on MTV Dance, at last they have been climbing into the attic to find gems such as these

Mauro Picotto - Iguana
    Darude - Out of Control
    Tiesto - Break My Fall

Nice to see some good tunes for a change , MTV Dance should consider coming up with an 'After Hours' playlist for the more solid Dance stuff , be nice to have a 3 hour playlist without the commercial trash they play during the daytime !
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nice to see some good tunes for a change , MTV Dance should consider coming up with an 'After Hours' playlist for the more solid Dance stuff , be nice to have a 3 hour playlist without the commercial trash they play during the daytime !

Surely there is a bit of common sense here - why can't they not play those tracks you listed during the day with the "commercial trash", oh wait silly me its like if your a certain age with this lot leave it to graveyard slot to get them
  • Sylvester2007Sylvester2007 Posts: 4,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Mauro Picotto - Iguana
    Darude - Out of Control
    Tiesto - Break My Fall

Have they ever played Mauro Picotto before?

Tiesto will likely be played as he is currently popular, but it's good to hear it was some older material.
    Forum Member
    Have they ever played Mauro Picotto before?

They have in the past but can't recall when I last saw him on the channel.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MTV don't really have a dance channel any more, Its a fake name.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MTV don't really have a dance channel any more, Its a fake name.

I agree on that I am more confused of what "dance" means - one point its "choreographed" then its "chart dance" meanwhile "old skool" (proper) is shunted to weekend play/night play .... yes what is MTV Dance!
  • TranceClubberTranceClubber Posts: 2,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kezo wrote: »
    I agree on that I am more confused of what "dance" means - one point its "choreographed" then its "chart dance" meanwhile "old skool" (proper) is shunted to weekend play/night play .... yes what is MTV Dance!

It's funny that the MTV Dance thread has appeared up tonight I was only on about the channel to a friend of mine earlier this evening saying how it's declined so much over the years by resorting to play just anything rather than just niche dance sub genres what it used to be , i'd settle for a 4-6 hour nightly strand for proper solid dance music though because we arent really seeing much realism to the genre any-more as it's become more infused by pop culture and Z-list rubbish
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's funny that the MTV Dance thread has appeared up tonight I was only on about the channel to a friend of mine earlier this evening saying how it's declined so much over the years by resorting to play just anything rather than just niche dance sub genres what it used to be , i'd settle for a 4-6 hour nightly strand for proper solid dance music though because we arent really seeing much realism to the genre any-more as it's become more infused by pop culture and Z-list rubbish

It just bone idol laziness playlisting in my opinion - I just think the channels need a major overhaul in their playlists, I heard of making them more diverse but come on - daytime output (on all) is just dire, its either countdowns and basically repeated song from the exact countdowns, but if your into music from say 80's onwards your basically told wait til late before any play or basically a weekend dedicated to it. Lets remember this is not just affecting MTV Dance look at particular of channels like MTV Live (possibly MTV Base), they have all nosedived into this "pop" "z list" culture, they are not doing themselves any favours if your aiming for the one demographic and blantly advertising MTV's own shows whilst their own sister stations lack in any advertising of their own (how strange is that??)
  • beemohbeemoh Posts: 7,073
    Forum Member
    kezo wrote: »
    blantly advertising MTV's own shows whilst their own sister stations lack in any advertising of their own (how strange is that??)

The problem is that, ironically, MTV Music plays too much music and doesn't show enough shows- there's no reason they couldn't take bits from shows on that and show them on the genre channels.

On top of that they used to have Gonzo for rock music and The Lick for R&B (and nothing for Dance, unless Russell Brand knobbing about in a field during the chart counts, but ho hum) so there'd be something worth advertising on the channels.

As it is, right now all they have to advertise is "Come and watch MTV XYZ to see some XYZ genre videos, maybe!" which isn't that compelling.

Maybe there could be something in that Soundchain show Zane Lowe is doing, but I'm not holding out a great deal of hope.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    beemoh wrote: »
    The problem is that, ironically, MTV Music plays too much music and doesn't show enough shows- there's no reason they couldn't take bits from shows on that and show them on the genre channels.

On top of that they used to have Gonzo for rock music and The Lick for R&B (and nothing for Dance, unless Russell Brand knobbing about in a field during the chart counts, but ho hum) so there'd be something worth advertising on the channels.

As it is, right now all they have to advertise is "Come and watch MTV XYZ to see some XYZ genre videos, maybe!" which isn't that compelling.

Maybe there could be something in that Soundchain show Zane Lowe is doing, but I'm not holding out a great deal of hope.

I agree on that in regards to MTV Music -MTV Dance had the official dancefloor chart hosted by June Sarpong before Russell Brand took over (I jumped ship) :D
    MTV Base - correct The Lick again where is this??
    MTV Rocks/2 - Gonzo

But thats the problem too much focus on the main channel really - I rarely see any ads for say if your watching MTV Base they tell you a show coming up for MTV
    Dance - on the odd occasion I have seen ads for MTV Live (ie Girls Aloud 10 Tour) MTV Music but none for their sister stations even VH1 it is beyond pathetic really
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MTV LIve has gotten poor, They never show any live performances any more and just repeat things from 2011. Also Girls Aloud is MTV Hits.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MTV LIve has gotten poor, They never show any live performances any more and just repeat things from 2011. Also Girls Aloud is MTV Hits.

MTV Live has gone straight downhill since UK control full stop. Girls Aloud yes is MTV Hits but that one in particular has been on MTV Live - maybe they should rename MTV Live to basic MTV Live Pop? As I don't see much of Rock AM Ring on there now (never watched it if I am honest but knew it was there) but its basically turned into a pop channel now and again its the same acts on repeat
    Forum Member
    I'm deeply worried for MTV Dance's long term future, only 68,000 in this week's ratings. and yet they will probably do absolutely nothing to help this once great channel.:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm deeply worried for MTV Dance's long term future, only 68,000 in this week's ratings. and yet they will probably do absolutely nothing to help this once great channel.:(

I wouldn't be if I am honest .... if they were "worried" about its long term future you would see them getting their fingers out and sorting out not just this channels problems but others as well, but thats not their aim - focus is and priority is MTV (main) as long as its pulling in viewers with its crappy shows, quality elsewhere suffers and "music" is second now and is not a priority