Options

premier league thread

Comments

• Options
    gothergother Posts: 14,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ian_Cass wrote: »
    I have been using Plusnet recently & I have to say I am quite impressed, maybe I have just be lucky! I have had VM & BT in the past & my current isp has been better.

Plusnet are superb i'm with them myself.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    I was just reading a minute ago that Sky is raising its price to £47 which isn't cheap £565 per annum. With BT getting the Champions League rights would it just be cheaper to get BT internet for Champions league games and whatever else for the ELP games? In fact the more I think about it they seem to be better value for money with all the other leagues in Europe they show. Just a shame you have to watch it one your laptop.
  • Options
    ovbgovbg Posts: 1,451
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^^ I haven't seen anything about Sky Go going up in price right now, and the cheapest there which includes Sky Sports is £35 per month.

Catch is, like you say, the issue of getting it onto a TV. If you have a PS3 or PS4 there is a way, but that's about it without a Sky TV sub (or whacking a cable across to your TV, but that is a horrid solution)
  • Options
    jcm193jcm193 Posts: 1,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tell them your going to leave give it a few days or weeks they may offer you a half price deal.
    ovbg wrote: »
    ^^ I haven't seen anything about Sky Go going up in price right now, and the cheapest there which includes Sky Sports is £35 per month.

Catch is, like you say, the issue of getting it onto a TV. If you have a PS3 or PS4 there is a way, but that's about it without a Sky TV sub (or whacking a cable across to your TV, but that is a horrid solution)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sorry, I am not with sky personally & was just making the observation about there pricing going up (i think read it in the back of the paper today). I have been using some of the alternative services out there you could say. I may have look at BT though as they have a lot of the sports & leagues I like, at a fraction of the cost, I did have BT internet once I think it was there super fast one & it was pretty poor & then your stuck with it for the contract term.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 31
    Forum Member
    If you Chromecast to your tv via the Bt Sports App the quality is very good indeed.
  • Options
    promo-onlypromo-only Posts: 3,315
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was just reading a minute ago that Sky is raising its price to £47 which isn't cheap £565 per annum. With BT getting the Champions League rights would it just be cheaper to get BT internet for Champions league games and whatever else for the ELP games? In fact the more I think about it they seem to be better value for money with all the other leagues in Europe they show. Just a shame you have to watch it one your laptop.

I think it's important to note that even though the price is rising to £47, it was previously £46... so although it is expensive, it's only going up by £1 in the grand scheme of things.

To watch Sky Sports in HD, I think goes up by £4 to £66.75 a month due to needing the highest entertainment package.

IMO, BT broadband is pretty expensive, even when factoring in BT Sport but it's each to their own.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    promo-only wrote: »
    I think it's important to note that even though the price is rising to £47, it was previously £46... so although it is expensive, it's only going up by £1 in the grand scheme of things.

To watch Sky Sports in HD, I think goes up by £4 to £66.75 a month due to needing the highest entertainment package.

IMO, BT broadband is pretty expensive, even when factoring in BT Sport but it's each to their own.

Paying £66 a MONTH for TV is mental. MENTAL.
  • Options
    ColjjColjj Posts: 3,171
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seems to have been sorted now.
  • Options
    Budder_Worrall1Budder_Worrall1 Posts: 323
    Forum Member
    Just downloaded the ADMC sport new app what streams all Euro qualifiers and got to say like the good old app what used to show the premier league awesome quality
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The new app is very good no login required just a shame its all in arabic
    Just downloaded the ADMC sport new app what streams all Euro qualifiers and got to say like the good old app what used to show the premier league awesome quality
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Can somebody let me know how I cancel PLPass, Its just that the seasons coming to a close soon & I won't have any need for it till it starts again. Just can't find a unsubscribe link on the website.
  • Options
    BigBadJimmyBigBadJimmy Posts: 530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can somebody let me know how I cancel PLPass, Its just that the seasons coming to a close soon & I won't have any need for it till it starts again. Just can't find a unsubscribe link on the website.

IIRC the payments will keep coming out each month until the season ends, then they will stop automatically.

You could try cancelling the recurring payments from within Paypal (if that's how you're paying).
  • Options
    lambylamby Posts: 3,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Havent kept upto date with the latest, but is Bein Sports showing 3pm EPL games again? and whats the quality of StarSports like now?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Beinsports shows all of the premier league games at 3pm all but one have Arabic commentary, starsports is the same quality but near impossible to get a reliable vpn or dns service to use it.
    lamby wrote: »
    Havent kept upto date with the latest, but is Bein Sports showing 3pm EPL games again? and whats the quality of StarSports like now?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looks like nbc have blocked smart dns access for nbcsports.
  • Options
    St@mmieSt@mmie Posts: 814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gother wrote: »

It looks that way, although I do have to say with so many less users on the service today the Windows app is working the best I've ever seen
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    St@mmie wrote: »
    It looks that way, although I do have to say with so many less users on the service today the Windows app is working the best I've ever seen

Lol i'm using a vpn and without all those XBMC users on it it is indeed running a lot smoother.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes i noticed that and reported to my dns provider strangely the golf still works though.
  • Options
    RedOrDead36RedOrDead36 Posts: 1,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like you lot are chasing rainbows just watch a low quality stream free on Vip Box. I'm on VM never had a problem over the last two seasons the reliability has been fantastic.

No need for VPN's or DNS stuff.

I have Sky Sports but I just watch it for 3pm kick-offs.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You stick to your low quality streams from experience there quality is a lot to be desired I will stick to my smooth 720P - 1080P feeds thanks
    Looks like you lot are chasing rainbows just watch a low quality stream free on Vip Box. I'm on VM never had a problem over the last two seasons the reliability has been fantastic.

• Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Lmao you can keep it i'm perfectly happy with my 1080p streams that don't buffer ta.
  • Options
    arunan22arunan22 Posts: 1,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I have sky sports, bt sports and use NBC for 3pm games. I would never go back to those dodgy free streams - they were horrible and everytime I use them I feel like I'm going back a decade or two!

On another note - anyone had any luck getting NBC to work via a DNS provider? Alternatively any free/cheap VPNs out there?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    arunan22 wrote: »
    I have sky sports, bt sports and use NBC for 3pm games. I would never go back to those dodgy free streams - they were horrible and everytime I use them I feel like I'm going back a decade or two!

On another note - anyone had any luck getting NBC to work via a DNS provider? Alternatively any free/cheap VPNs out there?

Cyberghost is free but the free version is very slow however the paid version is £3.99 a month and quite fast i average 29-45mbs everytime.
  • Options
    Steve_HammondSteve_Hammond Posts: 17
    Forum Member
    Lmao you can keep it i'm perfectly happy with my 1080p streams that don't buffer ta.

Ain't missed a Single Match all season via Premier League Pass😊😊😊 Looks great Air played to 50 inch led Panasonic TV in glorious HD. Have had android box's and they are crud, rather pay and get quality, got BT sport on a offer for champions league ( Until November, but may ditch it for foxsoccer2go when it ends. As they show Champions league/Europa League and Fa cup including 3pm games.) Tried it this season and also looks ok air played but not sure if Hd😕😕😕 and no contract either so can have a month here and there.