The Ratings Thread (Part 64)

Comments

• cylon6cylon6 Posts: 25,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Neil_N wrote: »
    I don't get how EE is doing poorly with good episodes yet CS with the laughable David and fake Gavin kidnap did better!

EastEnders was doing well with crap episodes when it went off the boil a few years back. Then they gradually decided enough was enough. EastEnders lost viewers loyalty, Corridor is perilously close to this happening......but for now holds on.
  • david_leewarddavid_leeward Posts: 2,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Neil_N wrote: »
    I don't get how EE is doing poorly with good episodes yet CS with the laughable David and fake Gavin kidnap did better!

It's a matter of opinion tbh, corries picking slowly even though it's boring in some parts, I don't even understand what's happened to easties, it's been weird few episodes.. and the Carter overload is doing my head in, also last night's episode was boring and slow.
  • C14EC14E Posts: 32,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cylon6 wrote: »
    On another topic. Do you know how Pointless and Paul O'Grady did C14E?

POG - 1.72m & 1.54m
    Pointless - 2.85m & 2.66m
  • ScoreScore Posts: 17,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    C14E wrote: »
    POG - 1.72m & 1.54m
    Pointless - 2.85m & 2.66m

I get that it adds variety and gives The Chase a rest but it seems like a waste of time to keep persisting with POG. Those numbers aren't great and The Chase would be a good bit higher. Pointless not really taking advantage though, so perhaps the weather is depressing both a bit. POG is probably losing viewers from the Tipping Point lead-in, or at least not growing which isn't really the position they should be in.

I think a killer line-up could be to have POG at 3pm and The Chase at 5pm with Rinder and Tipping Point in their usual slots.
  • hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JordyD wrote: »
    How sad on Channel 4s part. That will make a lot of difference... NOT.

Just a shame it's a Thursday when most young digital channel audience will be watching Celebrity Juice anyway.:D

Or they will watch E4 on Demand.:D

Think we need to turn off social media and Netflix for a couple of hours to get the young people to vote, Won't bother me as I have DS.
  • yorkie100yorkie100 Posts: 9,372
    Forum Member
    It's a matter of opinion tbh, corries picking slowly even though it's boring in some parts, I don't even understand what's happened to easties, it's been weird few episodes.. and the Carter overload is doing my head in, also last night's episode was boring and slow.

As you say its a matter of opinion - most I know love the Carters.
  • ScoreScore Posts: 17,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thought last week's Newzoids was a decent effort but this week's was very funny. It's growing into something that could be really good and I hope the ratings hold up OK.
  • DanManF1DanManF1 Posts: 8,322
    Forum Member
    Score wrote: »
    Thought last week's Newzoids was a decent effort but this week's was very funny. It's growing into something that could be really good and I hope the ratings hold up OK.

Agreed. The lower it potentially goes, the less effort they'll put into it, and I really don't want that to happen.
  • BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,671
    Forum Member
    DanManF1 wrote: »
    Agreed. The lower it potentially goes, the less effort they'll put into it, and I really don't want that to happen.
    Eh? Citrus still want a recommission at the end of the day and will continue delivering the highest quality product they can whatever happens with the ratings.
  • northladnorthlad Posts: 1,823
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Score wrote: »

Agree and it is turning out to be pretty satirical and biting, todays was up there with the best of Spitting Image.
  • JokanovicJokanovic Posts: 12,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glenn A wrote: »
    Things will probably improve for the final, but this won't be a great swansong for an ITV contract that has lasted 22 years and maybe should English clubs continue not to do well, maybe they'll not bid for it again. or maybe BT will set the bar too hgh.
    However, to be more positive, the ECL has delivered some massive ratings for ITV Sport, most recently Bayern Munich vs Chelsea, with 12 million, and the record in 1999 for Man U vs Bayern Munich, which peaked at 17.6 million. It will be interesting when BT get the contract, what the same match would achieve for them.

Can't see it ever coming back to ITV. The cost will escalate and BT will fight it out with SKY in 3 years time.
  • Jaycee DoveJaycee Dove Posts: 18,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agree about Newzoids. It is settling nicely and was very Spitting Image like tonight - with added swear words and crudity, of course.

But I guess that is the passage of time.

Amazed that no media appear to have reported David Cameron's 'joke' or comment made when he thought his mike was off - about Alex Salmond on This Morning today.

Wonder if ITV edited it out of their iplayer version.
  • Andy23Andy23 Posts: 15,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jokanovic wrote: »
    Can't see it ever coming back to ITV. The cost will escalate and BT will fight it out with SKY in 3 years time.

The only way it could come back is if the sponsors aren't happy without proper terrestrial exposure, and force UEFA to have one match a week on terrestrial. I know BT is supposed to be having some free to air games but we don't know exactly what this will consist of, and I doubt it'll be as visible as being on ITV.
  • stv viewerstv viewer Posts: 17,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jokanovic wrote: »

I had heard that when Sky heard BT were bidding Sky told ITV that they were going to go for all the matches but would sell them a game back like they did with the England games a few seasons ago
  • grahamzxygrahamzxy Posts: 11,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agree about Newzoids. It is settling nicely and was very Spitting Image like tonight - with added swear words and crudity, of course.

But I guess that is the passage of time.

Amazed that no media appear to have reported David Cameron's 'joke' or comment made when he thought his mike was off - about Alex Salmond on This Morning today.

Wonder if ITV edited it out of their iplayer version.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/david-cameron/11554855/David-Cameron-compares-Alex-Salmond-to-pickpocket-on-ITVs-This-Morning.html

It was in the Telegraph very quickly. Cameron does have verbal Tourette's at times. It is in a few other papers as well.
  • dulliredullire Posts: 20,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Soap Officials w/c 6th April 2015

Coronation Street:

Mon: 8.02m [+1.13m] / 8.1m [+1.12m]
    Wed: 7.92m [+1.04m]
    Fri: 7.49m [+1.07m] / 6.98m [+940k]

Avg.: 7.7m [+1.06m]

EastEnders:

Mon: 7.41m [+870k}
    Tue: 7.09m [+640k]
    Thu: 6.91m [+600k]
    Fri: 6.64m [+480k]

Avg.: 7.01m [+648k]

Emmerdale:

Mon: 5.96m [+580k]
    Thu 7pm: 6.09m [+510k]

TOP 10 OFFICIALS W/C 6TH APRIL:
    1. BRITAIN'S GOT TALENT (SAT 2001): 10.63m
    [B]2. CORONATION STREET (MON 2031): 8.1m
    3. EASTENDERS (MON 2000): 7.41m[/B]
    4. POLDARK (SUN 2100): 7.19m
    5. CODE OF A KILLER (MON 2102): 6.24m
    [B]6. EMMERDALE (THU 1901): 6.09m[/B]
    7. COUNTRYFILE (SUN 1831): 5.9m
    8. MASTERCHEF (SUN 1932): 5.79m
    9. ORDINARY LIES (TUE 2104): 5.6m
    10. VERA (SUN 2003): 5.59m

Figures inc.HD and exc.+1.

Source: Barb
  • DanManF1DanManF1 Posts: 8,322
    Forum Member
    Dancc wrote: »
    Eh? Citrus still want a recommission at the end of the day and will continue delivering the highest quality product they can whatever happens with the ratings.

But surely a point would be reached where the ratings would drop to a certain point, and almost all motivation would be lost. Obviously I hope this doesn't happen, it's good to have so much satire on TV at the moment.
  • grahamzxygrahamzxy Posts: 11,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DanManF1 wrote: »
    But surely a point would be reached where the ratings would drop to a certain point, and almost all motivation would be lost. Obviously I hope this doesn't happen, it's good to have so much satire on TV at the moment.

Newzoids would fit well on ITV2, it can't cost much money to make - there are so many potential celebs to do. I do expect a 10% drop tomorrow.
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mel B has been axed from The X Factor according to The Sun
  • i4ui4u Posts: 54,933
    Forum Member
    ftv wrote: »
    Mel B has been axed from The X Factor according to The Sun

New presenter for Top Gear?
    Forum Member
    i4u wrote: »
    New presenter for Top Gear?

What? Why do you say that?
  • kwynne42kwynne42 Posts: 75,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jake lyle wrote: »
    Game of Thrones- 13/04/2015 Consolidated audience 2.5m (9%)
    3rd in slot
    57% male
    36% 16-34s
    http://www.broadcastnow.co.uk/ratings/infographics/infographic-game-of-thrones-sky-atlantic/5086846.article

Celebrity Juice doesn't air until 10pm when the polls are closed.
    Anyway E4 is only closed until 7pm.

Speaking of E4 judging from a trailer I saw last night Nashville is moving to it from More 4
    Forum Member
    BBC Three move 'delayed until 2016'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-32427973
  • ServalanServalan Posts: 10,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kwynne42 wrote: »
    Speaking of E4 judging from a trailer I saw last night Nashville is moving to it from More 4

To play back to back with Empire in a musical drama night …? ;-)
  • simon_geraldsimon_gerald Posts: 825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have figures for GMB increased since piers left?
This discussion has been closed.