Call Of Duty: Black Ops 2 (9)

Comments

• BesterBester Posts: 9,698
    Forum Member
    It's been mentioned that there will be a heat-vision scope available on certain weapons in the game. If this turns out to be true then that will at least arm you against campers. Unfortunately this will almost certainly have a counter-perk like Assassin Pro which will neutralize it.....
  • roland ratroland rat Posts: 13,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    seems the cod web site fro tryarch keeps on changing there are now Lonitude and latitude numbers on the site...So could these be pointing to [EMAIL="W@W"]W@W[/EMAIL] 2 and not Black-Ops 2
    34.849264,88.727044," Nyima, Nagqu, Xizang (Tibet)[, China",31.784701,87.236772
    34.843562,116.728734,"Shanghai Rd, Peixian, Xuzhou, Jiangsu, China",34.8106484,116.8981672
    34.346660,136.717273,"Japan, Mie Prefecture, Watarai District, Minamiise, Hanma, 573",34.3457826,136.7167736
    34.344163,61.712114,"A1, Afghanistan",34.4100391,61.7569495
    34.343762,127.766893,San 421 Yeondo-ri, Nam-myeon, Yeosu-si, Jeollanam-do, South Korea",34.4105238,127.8038387
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure those are correct, tomorrow we'll know as they 'unblur' the clue from the previous day.

Reason being is that longitude only goes up to 180. The codes, if you use the method of A = 1, B = 2, or start with A as 0, means they all go above 180.

I suspect that the site that that paste comes from, the batch geocode thing, is going oh my gosh you've got a number over 180, well let me deduct 180 off your figure. In other words carry along the meridian so if it was 240 then it would start at 0, go all the way to 180 then another 60 degrees. So really, just 60.

Also, if you take the static numbers then that as a latitude gives you Algeria. Not too far from Oran. In COD2, which Treyarch made, there was a mission in Oran, Algeria.
    Forum Member
    chopoff wrote: »
    Also, if you take the static numbers then that as a latitude gives you Algeria. Not too far from Oran. In COD2, which Treyarch made, there was a mission in Oran, Algeria.

It's an interesting theory, with just one small problem. CoD2 was an IW game, not Treyarch ;) Treyarch didn't come on board until CoD3. Do you mean 'The Big Red One' which was a CoD2 variant?

It won't be W@W2 - that's a sure-fire way to kill the franchise completely.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bester wrote: »
    It's an interesting theory, with just one small problem. CoD2 was an IW game, not Treyarch ;) Treyarch didn't come on board until CoD3. Do you mean 'The Big Red One' which was a CoD2 variant?

It won't be W@W2 - that's a sure-fire way to kill the franchise completely.
    I did indeed mean that one.

New bit is odd. There are five hidden letters, w, z, q, o, h.

We had five co-ordinates yesterday, maybe they tie up and the letters are the start of each place name.

I'm running out of straws...
  • Jay-CeeJay-Cee Posts: 2,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    didnt black ops continue from W@W, using that same character?

Also i am predicting this game will have online pass
    Forum Member
    Jay-Cee wrote: »
    didnt black ops continue from W@W, using that same character?

Also i am predicting this game will have online pass

Kind of. Reznov was in both. Although my memory escapes me right now, was Reznov real or a figment?

Still got some way to beat Price though! :D
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kind of. Reznov was in both. Although my memory escapes me right now, was Reznov real or a figment?

We care more about that moustache than any other aspect in the game.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

well he was in real in the prison then.......
    Forum Member
    Yes, the end of that game is so mind-bending that I can hardly remember what was real and what wasn't! :D

Price - legend.

CoD games without Billy Murray and Craig Fairbrass, just don't seem right!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dunno everytime I heard Billy Murray I just thought about Eastenders and the time I saw him in Lakeside shopping centre.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.callofduty.com/uk/en/blackops2
    Pushing the boundaries of what fans have come to expect from the record-setting entertainment franchise, Call of Duty®: Black Ops 2 propels players into a near future, 21st Century Cold War, where technology and weapons have converged to create a new generation of warfare. Pre-order today.
  • Delboy219Delboy219 Posts: 3,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, the end of that game is so mind-bending that I can hardly remember what was real and what wasn't! :D

Blops ending was so "good" i can hardly remember a thing about it. :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think they pushed their QA site live by mistake!

All the URLs had -uat appended to the sub-domain, UAT stands for user acceptance testing which is one of the final stages of testing.

Gone again now. It looked good from what I saw during lunch at work. Sadly nothing too much on offer and the trailer wouldn't play.

Hope they don't go too zainy and futuristic or I might be put-off.
  • tommyd1258tommyd1258 Posts: 6,923
    Forum Member
    Wouldn't it be less confusing to label this thread 'Call of Duty (9): Black Ops 2'

But oh well. Looking forward to seeing Treyarch's take on future warfare. No doubting zombies will be there.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tommyd1258 wrote: »
    Wouldn't it be less confusing to label this thread 'Call of Duty (9): Black Ops 2'

But oh well. Looking forward to seeing Treyarch's take on future warfare. No doubting zombies will be there.

Probably should of:o even the modern warfare 3 thread has (9) on it:confused::confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chopoff wrote: »
    I think they pushed their QA site live by mistake!

All the URLs had -uat appended to the sub-domain, UAT stands for user acceptance testing which is one of the final stages of testing.

Gone again now. It looked good from what I saw during lunch at work. Sadly nothing too much on offer and the trailer wouldn't play.

Hope they don't go too zainy and futuristic or I might be put-off.

The amount of times I tried to play it! refreshed the page:o

I think it's meant to go live at around about midnight tonight.
  • roland ratroland rat Posts: 13,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If black ops 2 is pushed into the future, wonder if the price will be the same......pushed into the future

Black ops available for £69 , Harden edition £200, comes with ........
  • Delboy219Delboy219 Posts: 3,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    roland rat wrote: »
    If black ops 2 is pushed into the future, wonder if the price will be the same......pushed into the future

Black ops available for £69 , Harden edition £200, comes with marshmallows and a tent.

Fixed. :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Elite.

And the Prestige edition will be back with Elite and a Quad Rotor RC helicopter. No guns attached, though, obviously.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hate to sound like the haters, but the graphics are dire. Black Ops engine is in force. They have not taken the MW2 engine by the looks of it, all the clothing and structures look flat with comparatively low quality textures.

Such a disappointment. MW2 brought a major improvement in graphics, I can't see why they wouldn't use it.

The trailer makes the game look very early in its development.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    Agreed about the graphics, the game looks crappy, the engine is really showing it's age (and i hate to bring up the BF Vs COD argument, but the graphics on the BF3 single player on PC are infinitely better, and make what i've just seen in this trailer look like a PS2 game...very poor). I'll more than likely still be buying this cos i'm a sucker for the COD campaigns (even though BO1 was awful), but i think i'll probably just wait for the inevitable supermarket price war rather than pre-ordering it this year. There's no way i'm shelling out for Elite this year either, that was a massive waste of money considering that i barely play MW3 anymore.

I kind of hope that this is the year that COD sales drop, and i'm not saying that from a fanboy perspective, it's because i want Activision/IW/Treyarch/Sledgehammer to actually put some more effort into the next one rather than just re-using the same tired old engine. COD needs a new engine, one that makes a game in 2012 look better than a game from 2007...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watched the trailer and i agree about the graphics, but i think the trailer looked interesting, i like the message/story.

Seems like we will be riding on horses :| branching out i see :) lol
  • LadyxxmacbethLadyxxmacbeth Posts: 1,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's going up against Halo in Nov, and set in the future...>WTF? supposedly they wanted to do something different, and setting a shooter in the future is soooooo original!
    If they made the guns a little better, and averaged them out, so you can have very damamging guns but no range and range but less powerful or sniper rifles that work!

Also (and wait it controversial) I would like to see you automatically prestige. I get so annoyed when people get to highest rank and never rank up. then you would make it a far better game and people arent holding onto great guns. But make it possible to rank up your perks quicker.

and zombies does need to be better, the BLOPS new maps like Moon and Call of the Dead would be better if they didnt come out of the ground. at least in WAW ZOmbies you had an idea of where they were coming from and they couldnt sneak up on you.

Man I love zombies, although I can't get passed lvl 33 on Die reise, does it peak at that level get stuck in the teleporter, grrrrrr twice thats happened, I'm gonna go play now ...yay
  • caz06caz06 Posts: 848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The graphics are nothing just yet, weve got months until its released, the thing i've always loved treyarch for is that they always do something different with each COD games they make, i did love Blops1, my favourite cod i think, but this time they've taken a big risk setting it in the future, and i think it will pay off, in a way MW3 started showing signs of futuristic tech with the drones ect, one thing that is already and will grate on me is comments like "Great - Looks like a futurisitc terminator game!" which ive seen on youtube already, its only one trailer! haha