Call Of Duty: Black Ops 2 (9)

Comments

• CaltonfanCaltonfan Posts: 6,311
    Forum Member
    There was an update today for 360 owners any idea what it was for?

Fixed a glitch with score streaks I think
  • blitzben85blitzben85 Posts: 3,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There was an update today for 360 owners any idea what it was for?

Not sure myself, i had a blast when i got in from work and still noticed the same BS as pre update.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was the same as PS3 1.03 fix, sans the PS3 freeze fix.

That is, it fixed the issue where it said 'unable to deploy dragonfire here' even if you were way out in the open and a fix for the FHJ-18 where taking out stuff wasn't counting weapon XP and some error in theatre mode.

That's the only two things I know were broken for me before and fixed now.

They said they'll put patch notes up soon.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bester wrote: »
    Is Nuketown only in rotation on the smaller objective based game modes? I haven't come across it yet in GW, DOM etc, I presume that's because the map's now deemed 'too small' for those modes. :(
    It is in a Bonus 'Chaos Moshpit' playlist which has off the top of my head Slums, Standoff, Hijacked, Cargo, Carrier and Nuketown.

No idea why they think Cargo is a small 'chaos' map.
    Gold camo's a bit of a pain in the @r$e to get - most component challenges are fine, but the last two (for me) are getting 150 kills each without attachments or perks. Luckily I got a few easy lobbies so I'm over halfway there on the MTAR - probably another hour or so.
    I find those the easiest challenges. I suck at headshots!

I think it is because I aim at the chest and the lack of recoil means whereas in other CODs recoil tends to go upward, I am no longer shooting at the chest and ending up at the head, I'm shooting at the chest and staying there.

Mind you the hit detection is so piss poor sometimes I shoot way off the mark and it ends up saying it was a headshot and sometimes you'll shoot someone in the head who is prone, in other words - there's not a lot else of them you can shoot at, and it isn't deemed a headshot!

I normally do the 150 kill ones in tandem.
  • BesterBester Posts: 9,698
    Forum Member
    chopoff wrote: »
    I find those the easiest challenges. I suck at headshots!

I think it is because I aim at the chest and the lack of recoil means whereas in other CODs recoil tends to go upward, I am no longer shooting at the chest and ending up at the head, I'm shooting at the chest and staying there.

Mind you the hit detection is so piss poor sometimes I shoot way off the mark and it ends up saying it was a headshot and sometimes you'll shoot someone in the head who is prone, in other words - there's not a lot else of them you can shoot at, and it isn't deemed a headshot!

I normally do the 150 kill ones in tandem.

I only went after gold because I was looking at the camos and realized that the 'no perks' and 'no attachments' challenges were the only ones I had left. Luckily, it wasn't as much of a pain in the backside as I thought it would be. Even without the perks and attachments I maintained >1 K/D and >1 W/L.

Yeah - I did both at the same time. I figured if I was going 'back to basics' then I might as well go all the way back!

Headshots - I thought I was struggling with those as well, but then I'd completed all the headshot weapons challenges for the MTAR. Probably because every other f*cker is head-glitching. Thanks glitchers!

Interesting about the recoil - I normally fire in short bursts to control the recoil but the general weakness of the guns this time around means I usually end up holding the trigger too long and the sight starts bouncing around all over the place.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just hold down constantly :D

I have Gold MP7 and Vector K10. Almost there with the headshots for the PDW but it is taking me a decade with this gun.

I am going after all Gold SMGs so I can get the bling bling Diamond camo for them.
    Forum Member
    I'm finding it hard to dispense with the SKorpion EVO SMG - I don't usually use SMGs much, but this gun's great. Ended up being my first perma-unlock. EVO + Reflex + Rapid Fire = Win. Or EVO + Target Finder + Long Barrel.

Diamond camo will probably be reserved for the Ballista - won't have the patience for the assault rifles, there's too many short burst weapons that I don't much care for.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,626
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm finding it hard to dispense with the SKorpion EVO SMG - I don't usually use SMGs much, but this gun's great. Ended up being my first perma-unlock. EVO + Reflex + Rapid Fire = Win. Or EVO + Target Finder + Long Barrel.

Diamond camo will probably be reserved for the Ballista - won't have the patience for the assault rifles, there's too many short burst weapons that I don't much care for.

I can't get along with the EVO. I fire an entire clip into somebody for them to die, or at least give me a bloody assist, and then before I can reload, bam ...I'm down in one hit.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This round based Domination gets on my wick sometimes. 90-40 up at end of round 1 and then lose it by 20 points...

Why? Because loads of people keep leaving in between rounds as they're having poor games.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This round based Domination gets on my wick sometimes. 90-40 up at end of round 1 and then lose it by 20 points...

Why? Because loads of people keep leaving in between rounds as they're having poor games.

I agree was so much easier in previous cods.
  • PilotofthestormPilotofthestorm Posts: 3,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Are they no longer being put on probation if they dash quit??? I thought that might have improved things.

Was on earlier and must admit the games were mostly lag free and no host migration at all. I was in a good lobby though with everyone playing the objective and no camping or head glitchers as far as I could tell. I'm starting to get the flow of the game as well, it's a lot quicker than MW3 so staying on the move works for me. I've noticed my accuracy figures are double what they were in MW3 ....man that game was well and truely broken for me.
  • roland ratroland rat Posts: 13,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are they no longer being put on probation if they dash quit??? I thought that might have improved things.

Was on earlier and must admit the games were mostly lag free and no host migration at all. I was in a good lobby though with everyone playing the objective and no camping or head glitchers as far as I could tell. I'm starting to get the flow of the game as well, it's a lot quicker than MW3 so staying on the move works for me. I've noticed my accuracy figures are double what they were in MW3 ....man that game was well and truely broken for me.

I had a good kdr last week, it was around 1.15,:D:D:D played nuketown 2025, and my kdr is now 0.87 :cry::cry::cry:

So nuketown is a fun map to play, but it destroys you kdr
  • roland ratroland rat Posts: 13,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

But what is your actual score, theatre mode not recording games properly

One of my games last week we won 140 - 130, but on theatre mode it was record as a loss 85 - 92, and seemingly this is the same for elite
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 66
    Forum Member
    Is it me or does flak jacket not work anymore
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    crcky87 wrote: »
    Not used it much. Grenades seem to be identical to BO1 in terms of damage.

Must say I think MW3 got it right with grenades.

It is just too much, especially as Scavenger will replenish them.
  • PilotofthestormPilotofthestorm Posts: 3,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    roland rat wrote: »
    I had a good kdr last week, it was around 1.15,:D:D:D played nuketown 2025, and my kdr is now 0.87 :cry::cry::cry:

So nuketown is a fun map to play, but it destroys you kdr

Have to be honest I've not checked my K/d since the first couple of days. I've decided to completely ignore it this time and I must say its quite liberating :D
  • MsLurkerMsLurker Posts: 1,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It seems to work fine for me. Saved me a few times from grenades and those bouncing Bettys.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why is there no counter to the Sentry Gun?

I mean it is a joke, how are you meant to take it out on open maps where you can't sneak behind it and when you can't lock on with a launcher before it kills you.
  • CaltonfanCaltonfan Posts: 6,311
    Forum Member
    think i am in the minority but i prefer mw3 online to this, never had the lag issues others reported but so far on blops2 have had some connection problems on a few games
    Forum Member
    Not used it much. Grenades seem to be identical to BO1 in terms of damage.

Must say I think MW3 got it right with grenades.

It is just too much, especially as Scavenger will replenish them.

Yeah they do about the same damage, but in blops1 you could at least take 1 grenade or explosive without dying.

I play domination quite a lot and like to cap flags. But usually when I jump on a flag a grenade comes flying in and bang I'm dead.
    Forum Member
    MsLurker wrote: »
    It seems to work fine for me. Saved me a few times from grenades and those bouncing Bettys.

They do work against betty's and against hunter killer drones, but not for me against grenades
  • OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    Why is there no counter to the Sentry Gun?

I mean it is a joke, how are you meant to take it out on open maps where you can't sneak behind it and when you can't lock on with a launcher before it kills you.

EMP grenades or the black hat perk are what you need here. With black hat, hide behind a nearby structure & hack it to destroy it
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah they do about the same damage, but in blops1 you could at least take 1 grenade or explosive without dying.

I play domination quite a lot and like to cap flags. But usually when I jump on a flag a grenade comes flying in and bang I'm dead.
    Yes I play Domination and it is just a chore with the maps being so small, so many grenades being thrown, yet my grenades seem to do jack all lol, I might have to go into Theater and just see exactly where mine are landing.
    They do work against betty's and against hunter killer drones, but not for me against grenades
    Speaking of the Bouncing Betty, is it just me or does the sound go off way too late? I hear the noise, immediately crouch or prone and it has taken me out before my character does anything. The only time I do it successfully is when I have actually seen it beforehand.

I had no problem doing such in MW3.
    Forum Member
    Speaking of the Bouncing Betty, is it just me or does the sound go off way too late? I hear the noise, immediately crouch or prone and it has taken me out before my character does anything. The only time I do it successfully is when I have actually seen it beforehand.

I had no problem doing such in MW3.

Betty's and hunter killer drones are the main reasons I started using flak jacket, I was starting to get really pissed off getting killed before even hearing the click
    Forum Member
    The size of the maps, and the capability to create the following loadout, is a joke;

Assault Rifle
    + Noob Tube
    Overkill
    Assault Rifle
    + Noob Tube
    Danger Close
    2 x Frag Grenade
    Scavenger
    Shock Charge

I still don't know how they've managed to do it, but they've managed to produce a game that's significantly worse than MW3. Treyarch deserve credit for that, as it seemed a nigh-on-impossible task beforehand. Bravo Treyarch.