John Challis not happy with Christmas OFAH

soapfan_1973soapfan_1973 Posts: 3,624
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Sounds like Boycie won't be watching this years offering from the BBC. He can't understand why they are showing Royal Flush, not the most popular episode even with the cast. He would have preferred Jolly Boy's Outing
http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/only-food-horses-boycie-im-8325836

Comments

• stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    "Jolly Boy's Outing" is my favourite too.
  • CELT1987CELT1987 Posts: 12,355
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's not in it. Royal Flush wasn't the best Fools and Horses Xmas special. Prefer Dates or Jolly Boys Outing.
  • soapfan_1973soapfan_1973 Posts: 3,624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bet it will be cut to pieces as well but that still won't make it any better lol
  • dazza89dazza89 Posts: 13,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I guess the best ones will be on GOLD but yeah of all the Christmas specials they have picked its probably the weakest one.
  • Westy2Westy2 Posts: 14,483
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bet it will be cut to pieces as well but that still won't make it any better lol

Wasnt that one edited after its first showing?

Del Boy wasnt likeable in that one ISTR.
  • cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    Westy2 wrote: »

The original was taken out of circulation yea. No DVD release of it but i think it has been shown on TV the odd time as broadcast
  • JethrykJethryk Posts: 1,355
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Terrible episode.

Frog's Legacy, Dates, Fatal Extraction and Jolly Boys Outing are all much better.

To Hull and Back is my personal favourite.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Del was quite horrible in this one. Probably the only one where I hated him. Poor Rodney in this episode.
  • tinmantinman Posts: 3,938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JBO is on Gold right now.
  • soapfan_1973soapfan_1973 Posts: 3,624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Even worse news is it is on at 11am :O and it is the 60 minute version, not the original 80 minute one
  • darnall42darnall42 Posts: 4,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Even worse news is it is on at 11am :O and it is the 60 minute version, not the original 80 minute one
    I think john sullivan wanted the full episode wiped -the full version is only available on dvd via the partwork set by error
  • dave_windowsdave_windows Posts: 5,937
    Forum Member
    Who cares its on too much anyway.
  • FM LoverFM Lover Posts: 50,777
    Forum Member

They did the same with To Hull and Back and added canned laughter.
    If memory serves me correct To Hull and Back and Royal Flush originally had no canned laughter.

If Boycie is missing JBO then watch Gold, they must show that at least once a week.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is there ever a time when OFAH isn't being shown on Gold?
  • JBOJBO Posts: 6,148
    Forum Member
    tinman wrote: »
    JBO is on Gold right now.

:o:o:o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is there ever a time when OFAH isn't being shown on Gold?
    Dont watch it then. Lots of people still like watching it. If they didn't, they wouldn't show it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CELT1987 wrote: »
    Dont watch it then. Lots of people still like watching it. If they didn't, they wouldn't show it.

I don't watch it.... and haven't done for years. OFAH is a load of old rubbish and very dated. It would be nice to see some other stuff on Gold at weekends and at nights though.
  • MaccaMacca Posts: 18,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't watch it.... and haven't done for years. OFAH is a load of old rubbish and very dated

That is your opinion, millions would disagree. It is still funnier than most of the recent so called comedies.
  • darnall42darnall42 Posts: 4,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's not in it.
    which is perhaps why he's complaining - no repeat fees for him ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    darnall42 wrote: »
    which is perhaps why he's complaining - no repeat fees for him ;)
    :D:D:D:D
  • Ben_Fisher1Ben_Fisher1 Posts: 2,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Jolly Boy's Outing" is my favourite too.

Jollly boys Outing is good, but saw it recently, and it has definitely aged a bit. The writing sags towards the end. The stuff in the boarding house is tiresome too.

'Royal Flush' is certainly not the best episode I agree.

'The Frog's legacy' is by far my favourite Christmas special.:D Joan Sims makes an appearance, and the story is great. As well as all the references to the question of Rodneys real father, and Rodney as a funeral mute.
  • bennythedipbennythedip Posts: 2,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its hard work finding only fools episodes on tv or dvd that are as originally transmitted these days. Its spoiled my enjoyment of ot tbh. A roal flush, jolly boys outing and yuppy love are the worst examples.
  • AidanLunnAidanLunn Posts: 5,320
    Forum Member
    He's not in it. Royal Flush wasn't the best Fools and Horses Xmas special. Prefer Dates or Jolly Boys Outing.

Still, not as bad as the one where Del and Rodders went to America and met Del's double who happened to a major gangster!
  • AidanLunnAidanLunn Posts: 5,320
    Forum Member

IIRC, he wasn't meant to be likeable in that one.
  • Chris1964Chris1964 Posts: 19,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Margate montage with the Everybodies Talkin soundtrack is one of my favourite sequences in OFAH. Its joyously warm and feelgood and captures a moment with the ensemble cast when OFAH was truly in its popular peak. -series 6 and 7 period with Dates JBO etc.