9300t + HumaxRW, copying files back or not?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 462
Forum Member
Hello all, especially xyz321 & Martin Liddle who have helped so many folk here (& on the My Humax Forum). Now they have helped us.

Our programme list on the 9300t disappeared so we used Humaxrw to get all the recordings on to a dedicated/spare HDD of of the PC.

In the process of copying the PVR recordings to the PC a few of the .epg files appear to be corrupted so might not work properly.

Every recording seems to play back fine on the PC but we don't want to leave them there - the PC is in the office upstairs and the family TV is downstairs in the lounge!

For three reasons we do NOT really want to put the recordings back on the PVR. Our reasons are:

1. Many of the recordings are "watch & wipe" stuff (soaps, kids programmes etc.). We don't want them clogging up the PVR. They will be deleted.

2. There are a few files of TV recordings of family members which we would like to burn to DVD-R disks and playback on our TV via our DVDR machine (Panasonic DMR-EX83EB).

3. We are assuming that, as some of the transferred recordings no longer have their associated .epg files, they won't playback on the PVR again anyway (is that right?).

So my two questions are -

1. What is the process for transferring recordings back to the PVR from the PC if we are left with no option but to do that?

2. How can we convert the .ts files, now sitting on our PC, into a common format that will go on DVD-R disks so we can keep them for posterity and play them back on the Panasonic DVDR?

Any thoughts very much appreciated.

R.

Comments

• JohnH77JohnH77 Posts: 121
    Forum Member
    See http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1413011&page=2 for 9200T instructions.
    There was some debate about whether humaxrw works properly on 9300T - search on humaxrw
  • Martin LiddleMartin Liddle Posts: 3,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JohnH77 wrote: »
    There was some debate about whether humaxrw works properly on 9300T - search on humaxrw
    As far as I know transferring recordings back doesn't work on the 9300T and 9150T. They transfer and are temporarily visible but then vanish. What is needed is for someone with a 9300T to follow instructions from the program author, xyz321, so that he can debug the problem. Several people have expressed interest but as far as I know nobody has actually provided the feedback.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 462
    Forum Member
    (waves to John & Martin)

Hi guys. Thank you both.

We've decided that we are not going to try and put programmes back on to the 9300t so, sorry, Martin and xyz321, this is yet one more person who can't offer to help resolve the bug.

We have decided to connect the back up HDD (containing the programmes transferred from the 9300t) directly to the Panasonic DVD recorder using composites via a special link that will enable us to watch all the stored .ts files on the TV AND record any we want directly to DVD-R disks for posterity.

I'll post again if I have anything constructive to add.

Thanks again everyone.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 462
    Forum Member
    Re my previous post we have now taken delivery of our media player. This one ........

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B006S6F44W/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's great.

We connected the HDD - which holds the Humax files transferred using xyz321's Humaxrw transfer program - to this player. The other end of the player we connected to our TV using HDMI.

All the .ts files are listed on the TV. We can now watch any of the programs we want and record any we wish to keep to DVD-R disks.

Easy.

No need to worry about how to transfer the programmes back to the Humax 9300t.