Options

Would a hostel abroad post back my tshirt to the UK.Amsterdam..

WhiskyrumWhiskyrum Posts: 1,240
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I just let them know and they found it..... and they are asking what they should do with it.... i'm to scared to ask if they will they post it back to the UK because it will cost and it sounds rude... but I could pay them:confused:.... But how:confused:

Comments

• Options
    dearmrmandearmrman Posts: 21,517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can arrange a delivery company (UPS, DHL etc...) to go and pick it up and return it to you, if the hostel doesn't mind packing it for you.

You pay the company this end.
  • Options
    Keefy-boyKeefy-boy Posts: 13,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Must be an expensive t shirt to bother.
  • Options
    QFourQFour Posts: 555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cost you a fortune to get a Courier from the Uk to pick something up abroad. They don't do it themselves and have to get others to do it. Ask politely if they could post it back and offer to pay by card over the phone. You never know they might just stick it in an envelope for you :D .. Also depends what it's worth to you ;-) and how much a new one costs.
  • Options
    SmufterSmufter Posts: 1,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A few years ago I took my kids on holiday to Spain and my daughter Lydia left her beloved toy rabbit in the room. She was distraught. She had been given "Rachel" when she was a baby and never went anywhere without her.
    I contacted the hotel and it transpired that one of the cleaners had found her and taken her home to give to her own little girl.
    I explained the situation and the hotel got Rachel back and posted her home to us. They would not accept payment and apologised for the cleaner taking it home!! I told the hotel that I did not want the cleaner to get into trouble, and they agreed not to take it further.
    Rachel arrived safe and sound about a week later and is still with my daughter (now 25) although she only has one ear and has lost a lot of her stuffing (Rachel, not my daughter lol!!).
    My daughter even brings Rachel with her when we go all night fishing, and tucks her up into her sleeping bag before hitting the sack.
    Little girls never grow up!!
  • Options
    ratty0ratty0 Posts: 2,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whiskyrum wrote: »
    I could pay them:confused:.... But how:confused:

By debit card over the phone? Bank transfer?
  • Options
    meadows76meadows76 Posts: 952
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ask them?