Blue Bloods Season 3 on Sky Atlantic?

Comments

• AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why didn't he just chuck the bomb into the river when he had the chance?

I wondered that. Remote detonation or sensors?

Or the tourist and commuter boats that kept going past
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 218
    Forum Member
    Just caught this yesterday. I've never season Blue Bloods before so I thought I'd give it a taster.
    Couldn't understand why he didn't just run away from the bomb? The Michael Madsen character didn't even have him in sight... what was the blast radius?
  • CaltonfanCaltonfan Posts: 6,311
    Forum Member
    didn't throw the bomb away because that would have ruined the storyline :)
  • StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    Not a Great start to Season 3....even with Michael Madsen as the baddie.... Cemetery shoot-out, very poor.
    And the side issue with the trigger happy Cop....boring!

Pleased the Family Dinner is still around.;)
  • Sniffle774Sniffle774 Posts: 20,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why didn't he just chuck the bomb into the river when he had the chance?

Lol, my wife and I both said the same thing. Even go as far as pretending to handcuff himself to the thing.
  • player1player1 Posts: 2,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I gave up on this early in S02 - far too formulaic, and the dinner table huddles just plain annoyed me - looks like it hasn't changed much
  • cliffy91cliffy91 Posts: 1,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Starting to find this show extremely predictable now
  • confuddledconfuddled Posts: 3,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm forced to watch this but find the show incredibly predictable and the family dinners nauseatingly gut wrenching...The grand daughter in particular annoys me with her wide mouth grin, simpering eyes and precocious personality.
    Forum Member
    Is Richard Burgi like Alan Dale....in everything.:eek:

Not a bad episode last night, despite 'Nurse' Linda getting involved in the Case, but why was Danny talking about Erin to Linda, as 'my sister'....she is his Wife, wouldn't he say Erin, when talking about her.

'Buttons' Jackie ...:p
    Dinner....:cool:

And it does look like Erin and Jamie haven't had anything to do yet, what's that all about.
  • susan24susan24 Posts: 687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This show has become so boring. It's always a friend of Frank. It's always Danny. The family dinner with the precocious teen. Most shows are formulaic but this one is the worst. Thought Jennifer Esposito looked really poorly last night.
    Forum Member
    susan24 wrote: »
    This show has become so boring. It's always a friend of Frank. It's always Danny. The family dinner with the precocious teen. Most shows are formulaic but this one is the worst. Thought Jennifer Esposito looked really poorly last night.
    It seems she has Celiac Disease.....and has been replaced on BB, because she wasn't fit enough to film the heavy work load on the Show...reports say 'Fired'....all news to me.:eek:
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stansfield wrote: »
    It seems she has Celiac Disease.....and has been replaced on BB, because she wasn't fit enough to film the heavy work load on the Show...reports say 'Fired'....all news to me.:eek:

Looks like it's permanent, which is a shame as I liked her character

http://tvline.com/2013/01/06/jennifer-esposito-leaving-blue-bloods-celiac/
    Forum Member

Sad News.......and Danny had a new partner last week too, with Jennifer packing her stuff to leave, even then, I wasn't expecting her to come back.:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stansfield wrote: »
    Sad News.......and Danny had a new partner last week too, with Jennifer packing her stuff to leave, even then, I wasn't expecting her to come back.:(

She'd been summarily dropped from the previous two episodes without a mention, so I suppose it was good that they at least tried to give her some kind of logical exit. Even though I suspect it would make a pretty good story, I just hope they don't ultimately kill the character off.
  • katyb0408katyb0408 Posts: 1,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anybody know why sky Atlantic are not showing series 3 episode 9? This week is 8 and next week is 10? I looked at the synopsis for 9 and it looked like a good one?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    katyb0408 wrote: »
    Does anybody know why sky Atlantic are not showing series 3 episode 9? This week is 8 and next week is 10? I looked at the synopsis for 9 and it looked like a good one?

My EPG and Sky's online guide has it listed as 9 :confused:

http://tv.sky.com/tv-guide#/day/5
    Forum Member
    When is Danny going to get a good Partner.....this weeks, was the same as last I think, was awful.....the Narc guy, not much better.

And this new Girlfriend for Jamie, she's trouble.

Plus, Nicky will be pregnant by the end of this season....:rolleyes:
  • Kolin KlingonKolin Klingon Posts: 4,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That's a shame as I thought that they had a good chemistry together that future stand ins just don't seem to have.

Also, Jamie (whilst still in the show) seems to have melted into the wallpaper. He only gets a quick guest appearance and hasn't had a Jamie centric episode for a long time.

I am finding that it's fast turning into the Danny and Dad show with the sister coming in when they want something legal done. That can start getting very samey and it needs to expand the other characters more to save it from a slow death.
    Forum Member
    That's a shame as I thought that they had a good chemistry together that future stand ins just don't seem to have.

Also, Jamie (whilst still in the show) seems to have melted into the wallpaper. He only gets a quick guest appearance and hasn't had a Jamie centric episode for a long time.

I am finding that it's fast turning into the Danny and Dad show with the sister coming in when they want something legal done. That can start getting very samey and it needs to expand the other characters more to save it from a slow death.
    It's nearly always been like that....as for Jamie; he hasn't done much this season, but last, he had a major story for most of the season....with his 'undercover' op.

Great looking Dinner this week....takeaway, sort of.;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I suppose it's the nature of the beast with an ensemble cast like that - not everyone can get a look in. Danny has always been the lead of the show I suppose, so he'll always feature the most. I still like it though - I think there should be a drinking game where you take a drink every time Selleck sighs :)
    Forum Member
    I suppose it's the nature of the beast with an ensemble cast like that - not everyone can get a look in. Danny has always been the lead of the show I suppose, so he'll always feature the most. I still like it though - I think there should be a drinking game where you take a drink every time Selleck sighs :)
    ...or their cases are connected.;)....but that would only mean a couple of drinks, an episode.
  • Kolin KlingonKolin Klingon Posts: 4,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    or every time a stroppy teenage girl who you would like to punch appears.

:D
    Forum Member
    or every time a stroppy teenage girl who you would like to punch appears.

:D
    Wouldn't you just.....;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The ratings are holding pretty steady but I agree it's a bit formulaic/predictable but a lot of TV is.

Over here, Death in Paradise is a good example of a weekly formula show and that did great ratings. In the States, procedural stuff, even things like Murder She Wrote pulled in the numbers.

As others have said ensemble casts can turn into 'A&B featuring...' but it must be hard not to use Selleck and Wahlberg all the time.

I think American audiences react well to the family dynamic, a lot of the early press reviews took the dinner scenes as a great positive to the show.

And you've got an icon like Selleck, brooding his way through chunky knit cardigan scenes and a fantastic stage actor like Len Cariou holding things up.

Garrett is by far my favourite character, I don't like Jamie's new partner and would have preferred he stayed with the training seargent but I guess that isn't too realistic
    Forum Member
    Great episode this week with Danny at Anger Management, which you feel is over due.;) ....and Erin teaching the Daughter to Drive...:D