Arrow Season 3 - UK Pace

Comments

• RorschachRorschach Posts: 10,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does anyone else think this should have aired before the first ep of the flash? Seeing as though it showed Oliver recieving the phone call from Barry and (if you watched it) we've already seen the conversation. I know it aired the same way in US aswell btw :)....i know im nit picking here haha
    What I found odd was that Barry calls Oliver and says he's woken up and needs to talk, Oliver is in civies and says he'll be right there.

Then (in The Flash) Barry runs all the way to Starling City and talks to Oliver who is now in his arrow costume on a rooftop. So despite saying he'd be right over Oliver in fact went home, got changed and went on patrol... :D
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thea's kicking butt.
  • Dress to KillDress to Kill Posts: 6,209
    Forum Member
    Expected as much - but it feels like everyone is now. There's only Felicity who's not a fighting machine now!
  • SkyfallSkyfall Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    I wonder why they killed her off or have they a cunning plan to bring her back to life.

They could use the Lazarus Pit or the Mirakuru serum to bring Sara back. With Laurel being the Black Canary in the comics they killed off Sara so Laurel can train hard go after Saras killer and be the hero Black Canary. Looked on IMDB Caity Lotz working on a new film 400 Days that could be another reason why they killed off Sara so Caity Lotz can work on 400 Days movie.
  • StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    Thea's kicking butt.
    She can take the heat too.;-)...Hair Cut, I like.

Sad to see Sara go the other week - but was I the only one expect some knocking on the coffin....:(
    And Nyssa back...:cool:

Laurel
  • nathanbrazilnathanbrazil Posts: 8,863
    Forum Member
    Rorschach wrote: »
    Then (in The Flash) Barry runs all the way to Starling City and talks to Oliver who is now in his arrow costume on a rooftop. So despite saying he'd be right over Oliver in fact went home, got changed and went on patrol... :D

Yes, poor continuity.

I've given up on Arrow, now. Way too much of characters who are either pointless, or never get to do much, and GA himself is so far away from the original DC character it's just a load of old tosh.

Flash, so far, has been far more fun, and seeing Felicity was nice. The character could do a lot worse than transfer permanently.
  • decemberboydecemberboy Posts: 3,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Arrow had completely passed me by until I watched The Flash and it intrigued me. I flew through the first two seasons and am now up to date. I enjoyed season one more overall but I thought the last few episodes of season two were the best of the series.

Another thing is that at the beginning I found the flashbacks a bit of a distraction from the main story but now prefer Oliver's time on the island more than the present day arc.

So far good start to the new season, although I thought Sara was a great character, sad that the writers seem to have killed her off just to make Laurel the hero.
  • BeethovensPianoBeethovensPiano Posts: 11,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How are the ratings for series 3? I'm not liking at as much as 1 and 2
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't recognise the actor playing Ra's al Ghul. Is he British?
  • natalie77natalie77 Posts: 2,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't recognise the actor playing Ra's al Ghul. Is he British?

No he's Australian http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2506835/?mode=desktop
  • olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How are the ratings for series 3? I'm not liking at as much as 1 and 2

I don't know but Im not enjoying season 3 as much as 1 and 2 either
  • SaigoSaigo Posts: 7,893
    Forum Member
    olivej wrote: »
    I don't know but Im not enjoying season 3 as much as 1 and 2 either

We are only 4 episodes in!
  • olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Saigo wrote: »
    We are only 4 episodes in!

and??

its not hooking me as much as season 1 and 2 did
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11
    Forum Member
    Did a bit of digging around on Digiguide and it looks like the final two episodes of the half-season - The Brave and the Bold (Flash crossover ep) and The Climb (mid season finale) will be airing as a double bill on Thursday 18th December, so we'll be getting the MSF just a week after the US.

Flash looks like it'll end for the winter on the 23rd Dec.
  • MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    Thanks for that as I just posted that question in The Flash UK thread as Sky had to do something like that otherwise they would have been showing Arrow mid season finale on Christmas Day!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Arrow has changed alot between seasons 1 and 3. The first two seasons seemed well planned and thought out, with a clear arc for the for first 46 eps. Season 3 feels like they had a vague notion, wanted to keep the flashbacks in but knew they had to move from the island, needed to have a new villain etc. They should have killed Malcolm, he wiped out 500 people, and now it feels like they want to us to like him, just because he's Thea's father. They also need to slow the pace with Ra's Al Ghul or else it'll be 3 seasons of Arrow vs him and it might become repetitive.
    I still love Arrow but it has definitely changed
    Forum Member
    I would very suprised if Malcolm manages to survive the whole of the third season as I expect them to use his death to turn Thea against Oliver. I might be wrong but I can't see any other use for his character now!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ooooh Roy killed Sara. The plot thickens.
    Forum Member
    I didn't see that coming with Roy killing Sara although that could still be a dream!

I really enjoyed the episode and learning more about Felicity past and her family.I just hope we get to meet her father in the future!

Did I hear correct that the virus was called Brother Eye as in the comics that is a powerful AI so Im wondering if that's just a hint of the way they will go in Arrow!

Im also liking Roy Palmer and hope we get to see more of him in the future!
  • dearmrmandearmrman Posts: 21,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Motthus wrote: »
    I didn't see that coming with Roy killing Sara although that could still be a dream!

I really enjoyed the episode and learning more about Felicity past and her family.I just hope we get to meet her father in the future!

Did I hear correct that the virus was called Brother Eye as in the comics that is a powerful AI so Im wondering if that's just a hint of the way they will go in Arrow!

I don't think he did kill her, maybe a dream as you say or somebody has manipulated his mind somehow to make him think he killed her, I would be very surprised though if he had actually killed her.
    Forum Member
    Yeah so would I as I think it might be the after effects of the mirakuru that is causing Roy to have these dreams about him killing Sara!
  • NihongaNihonga Posts: 10,618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Motthus wrote: »

I hope we get to see him too. It would be weirdly and perversely exciting if he turned out to be a baddie and his daughter had go head-to-head with him in the IT stakes.
    Forum Member
    That would actually make sense as they could introduce him as the returning father who turns out to be a cyber criminal who the team need to stop!

Maybe even have him as the person who turns Brother Eye into the AI Villian that it is in the comics as having him worked for years with Felicity ex Cooper on it!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    dearmrman wrote: »
    I don't think he did kill her, maybe a dream as you say or somebody has manipulated his mind somehow to make him think he killed her, I would be very surprised though if he had actually killed her.

It did look rather odd that he was powerful enough to be able to just throw arrows at her to penetrate through her body like that. So it was probably just a dream or his guilty conscience telling him something.
  • mimik1ukmimik1uk Posts: 46,701
    Forum Member
    has to be said , how hot was felicity as a brunette in the flashbacks