American Horror Story: Freak Show US Pace (spoilers in tags please)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 150
    Forum Member
    BanziBaby wrote: »
    Yeah it was Peters Jimmy character that killed the cop due to him trying to take away the two headed woman.

Anyone know what kind of accent Kathy Bates character is supposed to have? It seems to swing between southern, UK & bit of Irish thrown in for good measure lol.

Apparently the showrunners have put clues about next season in the first couple of episodes of Freakshow.

Just a theory but Elsa cut out a review of Stage Fright to put in her Dietrich scrapbook, a Hitchcock movie set in the world of theatre. What if it was about a set of actors making a horror TV/Movie/Play just like AHS that suffer their own horrors? Probably been done before and it could fall into Scream territory being self deprecating.
  • oathyoathy Posts: 32,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kathy Bates character has SUPPOSEDLY a Baltimore accent but it is a bit iffy at times. Watch some early John Waters movies especially the ones with the wonderful Edith Massey in them and you'll catch my drift.

Her accent really is off isn't it :blush:
    Forum Member
    oathy wrote: »
    Her accent really is off isn't it :blush:

Not as bad as Ma Petite. It's not the actresses fault as English isn't her first language but coupled with her high pitched voice I never understood a single word she said in the episode. Oh how I wished I had subtitles on the file I viewed.
  • StressMonkeyStressMonkey Posts: 13,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not as bad as Ma Petite. It's not the actresses fault as English isn't her first language but coupled with her high pitched voice I never understood a single word she said in the episode. Oh how I wished I had subtitles on the file I viewed.

Her accent wasn't an issue for me - that she delivered her lines like a child reading from a book they found particularly hard - complete with a little sigh of completion at the end - was my problem. Like I said though, you trade off acting ability if you want the 'freak' be they a little person or a British illustrated seal. It would be nice if they could act but I can't begrudge them a mainstream role.
  • sheddy99sheddy99 Posts: 5,760
    Forum Member
    Second episode really ramped it up a gear! Yikes!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sheddy99 wrote: »

bloody hell tell me about it...:o

I love that creepy music they keep playing
    the clown scene in the bedroom reminded me of twin peaks for some reason not sure if was the Camera angles being used but talk about surreal
  • Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    Can we have more of Dot singing please? Can't just me, right? She's my favourite of the twins and clearly Jimmy's too. Elsa looked seriously pissed off when she was singing Criminal.

Didn't like that Elsa was able to manipulate Bette or that she seems to be ignoring the obvious warning signs about Toledo. He's going to bring them more trouble than they already have. Great scenes with him, Jimmy and Ethel though.

Not sure what to make of Desiree. She might be likeable, she might not. It'll depend really.

Dandy is even freakier than that fecking clown to be honest. Even Twisty seemed creeped out by him before their team up. Gloria is also giving me the creeps too.

Felt bad for Jimmy throughout this episode as well. Generally I like him enough as a character.

A better episode than the first one, 8/10
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shawn_Lunn wrote: »
    Can we have more of Dot singing please? Can't just me, right? She's my favourite of the twins and clearly Jimmy's too. Elsa looked seriously pissed off when she was singing Criminal.

Didn't like that Elsa was able to manipulate Bette or that she seems to be ignoring the obvious warning signs about Toledo. He's going to bring them more trouble than they already have. Great scenes with him, Jimmy and Ethel though.

Not sure what to make of Desiree. She might be likeable, she might not. It'll depend really.

Dandy is even freakier than that fecking clown to be honest. Even Twisty seemed creeped out by him before their team up. Gloria is also giving me the creeps too.

Felt bad for Jimmy throughout this episode as well. Generally I like him enough as a character.

A better episode than the first one, 8/10

Elsa really was a bitch last night wasn't she. You just know this isn't going to end well :(
    LOL I loved the Baby bottle that is one seriously messed up writer. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It pains me to say that episode 2 was the most awful, most boring episode of AHS I've ever seen. It was utter garbage. The writing was sloppy and the storyline was all over the place. Evan Peters, the weakest actor on the show by a mile, can not carry an episode. Finn Whitrock however is an intriguing actor who will hopefully play a bigger part than Evan this season.
    The clown is not scary. Another hyped up storyline by Ryan Murphy, who said the clown would be the scariest thing we've ever seen.
    I really don't want to cast a downer on it because I love the show and franchise, but episode 2 of season 4 was a mess from start to finish.
    And for the love of God, these musical numbers are painful.
  • MarcusjllMarcusjll Posts: 1,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was a great episode. I really enjoy Gloria and Dandy's scenes. I hope we see more of them ,especially Gloria.

Desiree and her boyfriend were great characters too. I can't wait for Emma Robert's character,
  • Margo ChanningMargo Channing Posts: 5,240
    Forum Member
    Meep :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sheddy99 wrote: »

Absolutely:o:D

Everyone upped their game.

Very uncomfortable viewing at times - the scenes at the mansion were so sureal and off kilter it felt physically harsh. The bit with poor Meep:cry:

Lots of nastyness & plotting:D

Michael Chiklis & Angela Bassett were absolutely brilliant:D

One of the best episodes of AHS from all 4 seasons IMO.

Can't wait until next week!!! Haven't said that since Asylum:D
  • Yo Omars CominYo Omars Comin Posts: 1,568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    downtonfan wrote: »
    It pains me to say that episode 2 was the most awful, most boring episode of AHS I've ever seen. It was utter garbage. The writing was sloppy and the storyline was all over the place. Evan Peters, the weakest actor on the show by a mile, can not carry an episode. Finn Whitrock however is an intriguing actor who will hopefully play a bigger part than Evan this season.
    The clown is not scary. Another hyped up storyline by Ryan Murphy, who said the clown would be the scariest thing we've ever seen.
    I really don't want to cast a downer on it because I love the show and franchise, but episode 2 of season 4 was a mess from start to finish.
    And for the love of God, these musical numbers are painful.

Completely agree with all of this post.

I hope to God we're not going to have the truly horrible Evan Peters crying "WE ARE NOT FREAKS!" every single episode. That part where he found Meep and dropped to his knees screaming "NOOOO!" was one of the worst things I have ever seen on TV. Truly terrible.

I can't quite put my finger on why I'm bored of this series. I don't know if it's the cast, the writing, the story, or just the whole lot. It's just not working for me, and I can honestly see it becoming worse than Coven, which is saying quite a lot.

Bring back Lily Rabe!
    Forum Member
    Woah, this episode really seems to be dividing opinion in a big way. I'm going to be a woose and sit on the fence on this one. I liked the scenes between Dandy and Gloria and Twisty which I found really disturbing in a way since I haven't felt since Asylum but PLEASE enough with the singing as it's turning into American Horror Story: Glee
  • Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm liking it better than both Asylum and Coven, so far. I also must be one of the very few who doesn't actually mind Evan Peters. His acting seems OK to me. :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm liking it better than both Asylum and Coven, so far. I also must be one of the very few who doesn't actually mind Evan Peters. His acting seems OK to me. :p

I like Evan Peters. I think he can struggle with longer monologues but I think the criticism of him is at times unfair. I thought we saw some of his best work in this episode after an admittedly at times stilted performance last week.

I thought he was fabulous in the X-Men movie:D
    Forum Member

I thought he was fabulous in the X-Men movie:D

Going slightly off topic, so did I. It'll be interesting to see Aaron Taylor-Johnson's take on Quicksilver in the next Avengers movie. Now there's a battle for the fanboys :)
  • rumpleteazerrumpleteazer Posts: 5,746
    Forum Member
    Really enjoyed the second episode. I can't wait to see where this is going. I only saw the first 3 series for the first time this year and ended up marathon watching them all, I'm getting anxious having to wait a week between episodes this time :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It actually resonates a lot with today sadly
    the guys in the BB forum know about it basically don't look very pretty lost most of upper jaw and got nasty skin problems on my scalp. In Morrisons today woman on the till totally out of the blue "eww what's wrong with you". I just left the stuff and came out I noticed more in episode 2 the real "monsters and freaks" are the local residents (twisty) not included. ofc..!! :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    the guys in the BB forum know about it basically don't look very pretty lost most of upper jaw and got nasty skin problems on my scalp. In Morrisons today woman on the till totally out of the blue "eww what's wrong with you". I just left the stuff and came out I noticed more in episode 2 the real "monsters and freaks" are the local residents (twisty) not included. ofc..!! :p

I never realised oathy. I'm a bit 'post and run' in the BB forum:o:D But have noticed your posts elsewhere. The woman in Morrisons was plain f'cking rude.>:( That must have been very upsetting :( x
  • Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I hope she felt suitably ashamed after you left.
  • Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    Elsa really was a bitch last night wasn't she. You just know this isn't going to end well :(
    LOL I loved the Baby bottle that is one seriously messed up writer. :D

Dandy is far scarier than that clown to be honest.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I never realised oathy. I'm a bit 'post and run' in the BB forum:o:D But have noticed your posts elsewhere. The woman in Morrisons was plain f'cking rude.>:( That must have been very upsetting :( x
    I hope she felt suitably ashamed after you left.

hhehe I should look for a Twisty outfit complete with mask that would shake them up a bit...:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shawn_Lunn wrote: »
    Dandy is far scarier than that clown to be honest.

agree. that is one warped mother/son relationship
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hhehe I should look for a Twisty outfit complete with mask that would shake them up a bit...:D

That'd work :D

But remember not to talk - communicate through the medium of shaking severed heads:D