Bush BU11FVRSD32 Freeview+ Digital TV Recorder

2»

Comments

• EABowdenEABowden Posts: 43
    Forum Member
    How does your recordings library work? Mine has all recorded, watched and scheduled programmes in one place.
  • futaurafutaura Posts: 2,148
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Most PVRs that I've used (not just Vestel ones) have a separate scheduled recordings screen to the recording library. I realise that this is not the case on these Bush recorders.
    Forum Member
    I think the T816 my inlaws have works that way too, I've lived with Sky+ for 10 years so am just used to it.

Are you able to answer my query about the two bush boxes?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I'm a tad biassed, although the BU11FVRSD32 boxes don't seem to have gotten a good reception here. If you take a look at http://www.dtg.org.uk/industry/download_schedule.php the current update for these boxes would appear to indicate that the BU11FVRSD32X is the new improved model from the same manufacturer, and similar software. From the photos I've seen, I'm sure I've seen this box design somewhere else before branded something other than Bush or Goodmans, but can't remember where.

Certainly they are not good value for money new, IMHO, and neither are new Vestel T835 boxes (primarily because you can get a Freeview+ HD T7650 model for a little extra). And if you are thinking of getting a "refurbished" one, I think you'd probably be better off with a refurbished Vestel T835 box (yes, the Hitachi HDR325 is one of those). Not that the T835 is without its troubles too, but as long as it has v3.4 or v5.2 software installed it should be ok - in terms of usability it looks and works pretty much the same as the T816 box, but with added functionality. The quality of refurbished boxes can vary a lot, so it's hard to say what you will get. As you say, some may have been returned for no good reason (poor signal, etc) so will be as good as new, whereas some may still have hardware faults which have not been fixed due to inadequate testing.

This is a little off-topic now, but if getting a Vestel T835 box like the Hitachi HDR325, do check all the available models. The Agora branded models (Vestel UK brand name) are a recent edition via ebay in terms of refurbished units - AFAIK, these were never sold new using that branding, so it looks like some effort was put into refurbishing those boxes by rebuilding boxes, etc, unlike some unscrupulous who perhaps do little more than plug the box in to see if it boots up, if that.
    Forum Member
    Thanks for that, it's really helpful.

Given that this is for my mum whose eyesight is not what it was, I think HD is unnecessary. This place is knocking out a graded Hitachi for £45 which seems like a reasonable price. I'm concerned by the negative reviews on Argos, although the majority of bad reviews seem to come from before switchover, so could be related to low signal quality.

Should I get one and it doesnt have the software versions you suggest, how often are the upgrades broadcast?
    Forum Member
    Sorry, one other question.

Some of the T835s claim to pause AND rewind live TV, whereas some just claim pause only.

Is this a software issue?

Thanks!
    Ed
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is no constant timeshift buffer, so essentially it starts recording live tv only when you press the pause button, after which you can fast forward and rewind as you like. If you happen to be watching something live and need to rewind it, you won't be able to (unless you are already timeshifting by pressing pause when you first started watching). Exactly the same behaviour as the T816.

No doubt, some of those reviews are related to the dodgy software upgrades that were broadcast from January this year. The fixed v5.2 version was first broadcast in August and has been repeated numerous times since (this week actually). However, given the amount of repeat broadcasts already, it's possible that this week's could have been the last. I would suggest checking with the seller first - if you get one with v4.6 or v4.8 on it, it is as good as useless in comparison. Any decent refurbisher will have installed v5.2 on it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,168
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apologies for dragging this old thread up. I've had one of these boxes for a year and a bit, was a total bargain at the time at £63.99 or something for 500GB.

The box isn't disaterous but it has locked up twice. It's a real pain reaching to the back of the TV to unplug it so I tend to just leave it... it ends up recording for 24 hours plus and stores it in a file called "external file" IIRC. After a while it will decide to let me stop recording and delete it. It's probably ended up being powered up for 180-200 days at a time so not too bad.

The main issue I have though is that the picture breaks up, not constantly but enough to be annoying. If my mobile phone rings or gets a text the TV is totally unwatchable! I thought it was an antenna problem and bought a new one/put it up and it's still the same. Tried an old LCD Freeview capable TV on that aerial feed and it's fine, no breakups when I use the phone or anything so it looks like the Bush may have to go soon. I'm a total luddite with TVs, I watch it very little so was hoping to avoid replacing the Bush but it might have to go soon. I actaully find the Bush OK to use, not like my parents' YouView and formerly BT Vision box which locks/locked up and needed switching off at the wall every time I use the damn thing.

Does anyone know if A30_1B_0108 is the latest software version? Or if there is anywhere to download it and install it manually if not? I'm hoping a software update might sort it out. I can't see it being broadcasted again because the box was end of line when I bought it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 382
    Forum Member
    Hi

I have a DVD Recorder Bush Bu11fvrsd32 model and for some reason my recorded programmes that are listed in the library are not in date order for example, if I have recorded a series of Masterchef this is how it looks

Masterchef 2 June
    Masterchef 4 June
    Masterchef 1 June

but it used to look like this

Masterchef 4 June
    Masterchef 2 June
    Masterchef 1 June

I had the remote next to me and I put my hand onto the remote as I was getting up and I must have touched something on remote to have messed up the order.

Sorry if I am not making myself very clear but is anybody able to help to try and get it back to how it is supposed to look.

Thank you
    :)