Options

Forever (US PACE)

2»

Comments

• Options
    TouristaTourista Posts: 14,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's only 5 episodes according to epguides and it looks like Sky will only be about a week behind anyway.

Just watched the pilot and really enjoyed it. Nice easy watch and certainly an intruiging premise. I'm also in the camp of those who check to see if a show is cancelled or not before committing, but since season one is only 5 episodes, i'll probably watch it either way.

IMDB have 6 episodes showing, the sixth is called "The Frustrating things about Psychopaths" airing on 27th October.

Trying to find out whether you are right, and Forever is such a limited run, but no luck so far.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tourista wrote: »
    IMDB have 6 episodes showing, the sixth is called "The Frustrating things about Psychopaths" airing on 27th October.

Trying to find out whether you are right, and Forever is such a limited run, but no luck so far.

Wikipedia also has it at five episodes, but I've seen the IMDB entry for the 6th one as well so I don't know. I imagine we'll find out soon enough.
  • Options
    Esot-ericEsot-eric Posts: 1,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So, not only is this series a rehash of "New Amsterdam", but episode 3 bears a striking resemblance to episode 3 of "Alien Nation", down to the use of pituitary glands in the magic formula and even the title.
  • Options
    Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't expect to like it as much as I am at the moment.

Also, it may not have started well with a demo of 1.7, but the 2nd episode got 1.8. It is extremely rare that a demo increases after a pilot episode. Also a 1.8 for an ABC at 10pm is one of the highest that slot has achieved in years. Online it looks like it's very well received, so if it keeps a 1.6-1.7 it would be seen as a success for the slot.
  • Options
    GibraltarianGibraltarian Posts: 122
    Forum Member
    It's only 5 episodes according to epguides and it looks like Sky will only be about a week behind anyway.

Just watched the pilot and really enjoyed it. Nice easy watch and certainly an intruiging premise. I'm also in the camp of those who check to see if a show is cancelled or not before committing, but since season one is only 5 episodes, i'll probably watch it either way.

Forever is not a limited run series that will run for 5 / 6 episodes. Epguides normally lists episodes that have a confirmed airdate, hence why they are only displaying 5 or 6 at the moment. You will see this will change as we move into the coming weeks. Wiki also normally lists the number of episodes that have been confirmed for airing and also amend accordingly.

Forever is like any other show - they will have an initial order of episodes (usually 13), and then get a "back 9" if ratings are good. The nitial order of 13 episodes does not gurantee they will all air - nor that 13 episodes will be produced. Within the 13 episode order there might be an order for 6 filmed episodes and 7 script orders. US TV works that way.

ABC is also hoping that FOrever is a hit hence why they really pushed it during its debut, airing two episodes on successive nights during its opening week.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 82
    Forum Member
    The script was quite intriguing, however, the principle actors make it. A homage too Highlander

I do wonder if the mystery man on the phone is Juan Sanchez Villa-Lobos Ramirez
  • Options
    111roy111111roy111 Posts: 264
    Forum Member
    Any news on what the ratings are like for this in the US, i see only 1 more episode left listed, just wondering is it on the block for a canceling.
  • Options
    CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    111roy111 wrote: »
    Any news on what the ratings are like for this in the US, i see only 1 more episode left listed, just wondering is it on the block for a canceling.

Ratings (inc the 18 - 49 demographic) have been falling week on week.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forever_(U.S._TV_series)#Ratings

It's not been cancelled yet but things don't look promising.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good episode this week.

Loved Lucas bringing up Highlander after the Victim was killed with a sword.

He should have gone on to explain the plot a bit further though :D

Lucas: "And Lambert plays an immortal who lives in New York and runs an Antique store with an adopted child he rescued during WW II. Are you sure you've never heard of it?"

Henry: "Nope, not ringing any bells."

Only downside was that once
    I saw who was playing the psychiatrist it was clear who Adam was and the whole fake out with the mental patient was a waste.
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Corwin wrote: »
    Good episode this week.

Loved Lucas bringing up Highlander after the Victim was killed with a sword.

He should have gone on to explain the plot a bit further though :D

Lucas: "And Lambert plays an immortal who lives in New York and runs an Antique store with an adopted child he rescued during WW II. Are you sure you've never heard of it?"

Henry: "Nope, not ringing any bells."

Only downside was that once
    I saw who was playing the psychiatrist it was clear who Adam was and the whole fake out with the mental patient was a waste.

I thought Adam was meant to be
    Played by Adrian Pasdar? Or did he just do the voice?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought Adam was meant to be
    Played by Adrian Pasdar? Or did he just do the voice?

I wasn't aware of his involvement and I'm not even sure if his name was ever officially linked to the role. looking it up it seems to just be people recognising his voice.

If the voice in previous episodes was him then that seems to be all he was hired for (looking at IMDB he does do a lot of voice over work).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well it seems his body does disappear and people can see him go in a flash of light.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not the best show ever but enjoyable enough so it's a shame it's not getting a 2nd season, at least the finale gave some closure to the Henry/Adam storyline.

I thought for a while we were going to get an Adam was Julius Caesar reveal but looks like he was in fact a bodyguard.

I was Surprised when John Noble turned up (didn't spot his name in the credits) I wonder if he was going to be a recurring character if they had got a 2nd season.
  • Options
    LyceumLyceum Posts: 3,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Corwin wrote: »
    Not the best show ever but enjoyable enough so it's a shame it's not getting a 2nd season, at least the finale gave some closure to the Henry/Adam storyline.

I thought for a while we were going to get an Adam was Julius Caesar reveal but looks like he was in fact a bodyguard.

I was Surprised when John Noble turned up (didn't spot his name in the credits) I wonder if he was going to be a recurring character if they had got a 2nd season.

I thought the same about Adam too! That would have been some reveal.

I was surprised at how Henry 'finished' Adam off. It seemed rather sadistic. But Adam had left him no choice had he. It wasn't like he could kill him and given the fact Adam had often 'killed' himself to get out of a situation arresting him and putting him in prison wouldn't have worked either.

I know the show is dead but I really hope another network gives this show a chance. One of my favourite new shows this year.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    What happened with the pistol? Was it the real pistol and it didn't kill him, or was it a fake pistol used as a decoy to trap Adam?
  • Options
    Jennifer JayneJennifer Jayne Posts: 9,022
    Forum Member
    Lyceum wrote: »
    I thought the same about Adam too! That would have been some reveal.

I was surprised at how Henry 'finished' Adam off. It seemed rather sadistic. But Adam had left him no choice had he. It wasn't like he could kill him and given the fact Adam had often 'killed' himself to get out of a situation arresting him and putting him in prison wouldn't have worked either.

I know the show is dead but I really hope another network gives this show a chance. One of my favourite new shows this year.

One of mine as well, always one of the first I watched from the shows I download each day.

I just ope something like netflix picks it up.
  • Options
    LyceumLyceum Posts: 3,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What happened with the pistol? Was it the real pistol and it didn't kill him, or was it a fake pistol used as a decoy to trap Adam?

Nothing. Adam's theory was wrong. Shooting Henry with the pistol didn't kill him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The way I saw it was that it was the real pistol and Adam had kept it all the time. The one he gave to Henry was a fake (well it was a real antique pistol just not the one that killed Henry).

The other option was that Adam had broken in while Abe was at lunch with his friend and taken the pistol from the safe.