Orange Livebox return

cat80cat80 Posts: 4,124
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi, I left Orange 3 months ago and they said they would send an envelope out for me to send the Livebox back (I don't have it anymore). Does anyone know how long it takes for them to send it as I need to budget the £100 they are going to want. As I said it's 3 months, nearly 4 now since I left them and I haven't heard from them since.

Been with o2 since then and everything is great :)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Could be any day or maybe never, i would have thought they would have sent the returns envelope by now just make sure you keep the money aside and say nothing or you can contact them if you want to and ask them where it is.
  • cat80cat80 Posts: 4,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks, definately won't be contacting them. I doubt it'll arrive after 3 months but I'll keep the money a while longer and see just incase. Hopefully I'm ok though and can keep the £100 cashback for signing upto o2.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    what sort of speeds do you get with o2 compared to orange cat80
  • cat80cat80 Posts: 4,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Much better, I pay £15 a month on o2 and speeds are double what they were on Orange. At the moment I get approx 17meg and I download a lot and speeds aren't capped which is fab
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68
    Forum Member
    Hi cat80,

I work for Orange and would like to offer my assistance.

If you would like to contact me I can arrange for another envelope to be sent out, so the Livebox can be returned. Please drop me a mail at customer.services@orange.co.uk including your landline/broadband account number and I will give you a ring to discuss.

So I can pick up your mail quickly, please add 'Jonathan Orange Response' in the first line.

Hope this helps

Jonathan
    Orange Response Team
  • max99max99 Posts: 9,002
    Forum Member
    Hi cat80,

I work for Orange and would like to offer my assistance.

If you would like to contact me I can arrange for another envelope to be sent out, so the Livebox can be returned. Please drop me a mail at customer.services@orange.co.uk including your landline/broadband account number and I will give you a ring to discuss.

So I can pick up your mail quickly, please add 'Jonathan Orange Response' in the first line.

Hope this helps

Jonathan
    Orange Response Team

Something tells me you won't be receiving that email any time soon...
  • CXC3000CXC3000 Posts: 10,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    max99 wrote: »
    Something tells me you won't be receiving that email any time soon...

Lol !

I know exactly what you mean; something very fishy about 'Jonathan'.. - I feel he'll take your personal details and do something 'bad' with them... :cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 80
    Forum Member
    cat80 wrote: »
    Hi, I left Orange 3 months ago and they said they would send an envelope out for me to send the Livebox back (I don't have it anymore). Does anyone know how long it takes for them to send it as I need to budget the £100 they are going to want. As I said it's 3 months, nearly 4 now since I left them and I haven't heard from them since.

Been with o2 since then and everything is great :)

I have just left Orange myself (no envelope yet either, and I had to ring them to remind them they needed to close my account even though the MAC code was used a week after it was issued!) and am happily installed with BT (much better speed, hoorah!).

Is the £100 you mention for the livebox? If it is, I wouldn't bother budgeting the £100 as they only charge you if you do not return the livebox after they have sent you an envelope. I don't think I would take any chances and just wait for them to charge, I would chase the envelope up!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RobC wrote: »
    I have just left Orange myself (no envelope yet either, and I had to ring them to remind them they needed to close my account even though the MAC code was used a week after it was issued!)...

Orange charge you for 30 days after you've left them. Make sure you don't cancel your Direct Debit before the 30 days are up (otherwise you might end up with a hefty admin. charge) :)
    Forum Member
    ah... I focused on the non receipt of the envelope and didn't read your post correctly cat80. I'm sorry. :o

CXC3000 - nothing fishy. I do work for Orange (and am called Jonathan) and am here in an official capacity, just offering my help (when I can read the posts properly).

Jonathan
    Orange Response Team
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ah... I focused on the non receipt of the envelope and didn't read your post correctly cat80. I'm sorry. :o

CXC3000 - nothing fishy. I do work for Orange (and am called Jonathan) and am here in an official capacity, just offering my help (when I can read the posts properly).

Jonathan
    Orange Response Team

Thanks 'Jonathan', but what proof do we have that you work for Orange ?

Give me a specific telephone number so I can verify you actually do work for the company.

If what you're saying is true, you'll have no problem in providing a number.
    Forum Member
    Hi,

I'm part of the online Customer Services team and deal mainly through email and open forums. The general PAYM Orange Customer Services number is 150 from your Orange phone or 07973100150 from a landline.

If you are on Twitter, my colleague from the Orange PR Department can verify I am official -www.twitter.com/ConorfromOrange

Jonathan
    Orange Response Team
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi,

I'm part of the online Customer Services team and deal mainly through email and open forums. The general PAYM Orange Customer Services number is 150 from your Orange phone or 07973100150 from a landline.

If you are on Twitter, my colleague from the Orange PR Department can verify I am official -www.twitter.com/ConorfromOrange

Jonathan
    Orange Response Team

So how come Orange have only allocated yourself as the sole employee to find online folk with problems?

You're on this forum, Orange-Problems, money-saving-expert (God knows how many more)...

Why is it just yourself that's doing all this ? - and sorry to say, but I still don't believe what you've said.
  • willo30willo30 Posts: 117
    Forum Member
    Could you tell me if this is correct Jonathan.

About 12 months I was getting bad service from Orange and threatened to leave. They fixed the problem in the end but but before that they were going on about sending my livebox back.

The thing is though is that I purchased the livebox outright for £80 when they first came out (has wanadoo badge on it) but they were adamant that the livebox still belonged to them and that they would bill me if not returned.

Surely someone has just made a mistake and you will have a record of me owning my own livebox. I never followed it up at the time as I didn't leave in the end.

Cheers.
    Forum Member
    Hi willo30,

With this case, as you have purchased the Livebox (prior to 9 March 2005), we should not expect to have the Livebox returned. I am sorry you have been told we would.

The distinction is made by how the Livebox is 'named' in the products section on your account (whether it is purchased or on loan). Therefore we can check and verify this.

If a Livebox was replaced after March 2005, it would alter the naming however we are still able to verify.

Hope this helps.

Jonathan
    Orange Response Team