Beyonce's Mrs Carter tour 2014

Comments

• Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yip. I believe so. It just checked on youtube from the last tour and its the same.

It was an amazing night. :) I really do recommend the early entry as there is only 200 sold. But they aren't essential if you queue early or don't want to be near the barriers. Also have to say I was surprised how small the stage was - saying that I didn't make it to last years tour. But I dunno if that was also to do with the new arena as it was the first time I have been to this one while the old one here is a different shape so it made it look smaller than it probably was.

I'm seeing her at The 02 in London. I saw here there in May last year and got the early entry tickets. We got right to the front but we had to queue from 12:30 in the afternoon!! I'm working until 5pm this time round though, so probably won't be at The 02 until about 7pm. I know we won't get to the front but I'm hoping we get to stand next to the barrier that runs through the middle. I'm tempted to get early entry tickets and book half a day off work to get there earlier.
  • javjamoll84javjamoll84 Posts: 15,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm seeing her at The 02 in London. I saw here there in May last year and got the early entry tickets. We got right to the front but we had to queue from 12:30 in the afternoon!! I'm working until 5pm this time round though, so probably won't be at The 02 until about 7pm. I know we won't get to the front but I'm hoping we get to stand next to the barrier that runs through the middle. I'm tempted to get early entry tickets and book half a day off work to get there earlier.

Well there are only 200 sold for all shows they state. We didn't get there until 4.30pm (we had to be there for 5pm to get the wristbands) and I was number 125. :) They are numbered and what ours were like was queued to sign in and get the wristbands. Left but had to go back at 6.15 (the hall inside was supposed to open at 6.30) Then they waited for everyone and lined them back in order to go in. We didn't get in until around 6.45 I'd guess. But only after everyone else was in did they let everyone else standing into the actual hall. I dunno if its just the hydro and the bad layout - but as doors opened for the arena at 6pm - everyone else in standing were already waiting in the foyer so it was very hard to hear numbers being called out etc. I also don't get why they didn't just let us in beforehand when getting the wristbands as it was only around 20mins (even to the foyer).

Obviously it'll be a different ballpark in London but I mean only 200 are sold. We got comfortably to the barrier. But we also went to the opposite of the stage from where the doors opened for us. Saying that the two guys directly next to me didn't have early entry but I assume they would have waited a little while outside...
  • DracarysDracarys Posts: 1,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't suppose anyone knows of any tickets available? I can find loads on Get Me In and Seatwave but am not sure if I can trust these sellers as I understand they are third party?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    khushi wrote: »
    I don't suppose anyone knows of any tickets available? I can find loads on Get Me In and Seatwave but am not sure if I can trust these sellers as I understand they are third party?

Get them from Viagogo. When I went to see her last year I got mine from there. I've also sold tickets on there before.
  • DracarysDracarys Posts: 1,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^Thanks, will have a browse. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thought I'd share my views :)

Overall the setlist I thought was strong, although the obvious ones were missing (RTW, EOT, GW) I think it's great how much of the album is now being performed, although I am disappointed to see that there was no Pretty Hurts. Does anybody else think that this could just be down to the fact she was on late? therefore had to cut a few songs out?

The outfits look incredible! and I like the fact that she walks to the B-Stage and apparently uses it quite often?

I do wish that she would perform the original version of IIWAB or the You Oughta Know version from the previous tour.

I do wish that Sweet Dreams, Deja Vu and Countdown were performed though also. (But then I'd be happy if she just played all of her studio albums from start to finish :p ) and I was also gutted she cut the DC medley, although I do understand why.

Is it true that Crazy In Love was only performed for 30 seconds? Disappointing if that's the case.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    __3kerry wrote: »
    Thought I'd share my views :)

Overall the setlist I thought was strong, although the obvious ones were missing (RTW, EOT, GW) I think it's great how much of the album is now being performed, although I am disappointed to see that there was no Pretty Hurts. Does anybody else think that this could just be down to the fact she was on late? therefore had to cut a few songs out?

The outfits look incredible! and I like the fact that she walks to the B-Stage and apparently uses it quite often?

I do wish that she would perform the original version of IIWAB or the You Oughta Know version from the previous tour.

I do wish that Sweet Dreams, Deja Vu and Countdown were performed though also. (But then I'd be happy if she just played all of her studio albums from start to finish :p ) and I was also gutted she cut the DC medley, although I do understand why.

Is it true that Crazy In Love was only performed for 30 seconds? Disappointing if that's the case.

I don't think the DC medley is needed anymore. She has so much of her solo stuff that she can perform and there's so many of her own songs I would rather here. I think she should perform one DC song in full each night! I would love her to do Loose My Breath!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    __3kerry wrote: »

She does.
    She heads over half way through irreplaceable, stays on B for one song and heads back. Then is back over half way through XO and is back half way through Halo. Then is back again for Heaven.

I have to say, pit wise, it didn't feel like she was down too much - but I had restricted view on one side of the stage.
    I thought at least one song would have been good - Survivor. And she could have easily cut out Why Don't You Love Me... :o

And I hope the lateness (9.35!) was the reason for a cut - mainly Pretty Hurts. :) As I'd love to see it on a dvd.
    And yup! :( She done a verse and chorus I believe then went into the next.
  • MikePJBMikePJB Posts: 5,514
    Forum Member
    Ahhh man I'm getting so excited about this.

Even printed out a countdown to have on the wall at work :P.

So about the early bird tix, they're numbered? That's pretty cool. So at least we'll know how close we are / how many people are in front. We got there last time at about 10 and was at the front. Think we're going earlier, my mate wants to get there for 7AM, but that just feels tooo early. I guess as long as I'm in the front I don't care.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MikePJB wrote: »

So about the early bird tix, they're numbered? That's pretty cool. So at least we'll know how close we are / how many people are in front. We got there last time at about 10 and was at the front. Think we're going earlier, my mate wants to get there for 7AM, but that just feels tooo early. I guess as long as I'm in the front I don't care.

Yip, they are numbered. And you enter in groups of 50 or so. So really unless you want to have number 1 or something I wouldn't be too bothered as long as you got it. I personally wasn't too fussed when I arrived tbh.

I hope you enjoy the show. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,268
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amazing show tonight. She was incredible. Highlights for me where...Flawless,Blow,Why Don't You Love Me,1 + 1 :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Support act late for the second night in a row..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looks like the Setlist has changed for the second night in Glasgow. She's opened with
    Run The World
  • MikePJBMikePJB Posts: 5,514
    Forum Member
    Yip, they are numbered. And you enter in groups of 50 or so. So really unless you want to have number 1 or something I wouldn't be too bothered as long as you got it. I personally wasn't too fussed when I arrived tbh.

I hope you enjoy the show. :)

Thanks, I hope I'm in that group of 50 then lol.

I hope her or the support act aren't late. I want as many songs as possible and I hope she does sing Run The World. One of my fav songs from her.
  • EvanWhisper05EvanWhisper05 Posts: 3,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've not read any of this because I'm trying to avoid spoilers haha, but I thought I'd throw this in here (don't want to get told off though if it's not allowed?)

My friend can no longer to come with me to the show on Wednesday at Manchester Arena.

I've got two seated tickets in Block 102 nearest the stage, 2nd row. If anyone's interested in occupying the seat (next to me unfortunately) give me a message. All my school friends are going to Birmingham shows this weekend or London already!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi! Does anyone have any idea what time I should arrive to get a decent view? I've always got seats at the O2 but I'm standing this time. I'm not bothered about being right at the very front but want to be able to have a good view. :) (I have general admission tickets btw)
  • da3boolda3bool Posts: 2,620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Off to Birmingham in about an hour :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi! Does anyone have any idea what time I should arrive to get a decent view? I've always got seats at the O2 but I'm standing this time. I'm not bothered about being right at the very front but want to be able to have a good view. :) (I have general admission tickets btw)

I had early entry for The 02 last year and got there for around 12 in the afternoon...when they let us in we got right to the front. I finish work late this year though so we didn't bother getting early entry. I'm not sure what the queue will be like for those if us with just normal standing tickets, however, I do remember seeing them all come into the arena last year and loads of them got as good a standing position as those of us with early entry.
  • TorqueTorque Posts: 260
    Forum Member
    I've got seated tickets for Birminghamt tonight?
    What time does Beyonce come on? What time do we need to get there?
    Are there any support acts worth seeing?

Lots of questions I know but haven't been to a concert for years!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    I know this is shameless promotion for this video, but this is the tour version of Drunk In Love! it was amazing to see it two nights in a row! I do wish that Jay Z could have performed with her but sadly it didn't happen! :/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I68gdqXJ3gw
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anybody know how many people win access to the Beyhive area?
  • scratchy23scratchy23 Posts: 3,675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just seen her in Birmingham and she was incredible.

The setlist has been uploaded to setlist.fm by someone - it's all correct except they missed out Haunted (she did that somewhere in the middle)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm happy she performs so much of the new album, but I wish she would give us a few surprises. She did an epic performance of Green Light during the Beyonce Experience tour. Bring that back!! I would be happy if she did a Crazy In Love/Single Ladies shortened mash-up if it meant that we could have some other hits that she hasn't performed in ages like Deja Vu, Sweet Dreams. She's never perofmed Countdown on tour either and that was quite a stand out track on her 4 album. Also, Best Thing I Never Had was her biggest hit from 4 so I'm surprised she's left that out. In terms of her new album, I think she's covered that pretty well...I would like Pretty Hurts though. She needs to sort out the hits though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had early entry for The 02 last year and got there for around 12 in the afternoon...when they let us in we got right to the front. I finish work late this year though so we didn't bother getting early entry. I'm not sure what the queue will be like for those if us with just normal standing tickets, however, I do remember seeing them all come into the arena last year and loads of them got as good a standing position as those of us with early entry.
    Ok thank you. :) I'm not sure what time I'll get there after uni but I'm just going to try and get there ASAP!
  • da3boolda3bool Posts: 2,620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    6 nights in London starting tonight.