Beverly Macca in "The Royle Family"

trawets09trawets09 Posts: 1,612
Forum Member
✭✭✭
1. Did you feel cheated that we never got to see her?
2. Who would you have cast to play her?

For me

1. YES
2. I think Joanne Froggat would play her well

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,560
    Forum Member
    No.
    I can't think of anyone offhand, obviously they would be alot younger than Dave and Denise and have big boobs, as it was implied she was rather busty!
  • trawets09trawets09 Posts: 1,612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SoapyJo wrote: »
    No.
    I can't think of anyone offhand, obviously they would be alot younger than Dave and Denise and have big boobs, as it was implied she was rather busty!

I just thought she was implied more as a wh*re
  • Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    No, the beauty of the Royle Family was that we never left the house and so never saw the people they were referring to. And I can't imagine they'd ever have invited Beverly in!
  • trawets09trawets09 Posts: 1,612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agent F wrote: »
    No, the beauty of the Royle Family was that we never left the house and so never saw the people they were referring to. And I can't imagine they'd ever have invited Beverly in!

They left the house in "The Queen of Sheba" ;)
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd love to see her but I have always imagined her as a big booed lass. Joanna isn't really that.

I think that someone like Alison King would have been perfect and the right age. I could see her chavving it up in style and owning the role.
  • Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    trawets09 wrote: »
    They left the house in "The Queen of Sheba" ;)

True. And actually in that horrible Christmas special last year as well.
  • Miss_MooMiss_Moo Posts: 8,997
    Forum Member
    I'd love to see her but I have always imagined her as a big booed lass. Joanna isn't really that.

I think that someone like Alison King would have been perfect and the right age. I could see her chavving it up in style and owning the role.

Sheridan Smith if:

a) She wasn't Anthony's girlfriend, and
    b) She was older.

I saw BM as someone that was tarty and easy more than someone attractive.
  • Pistol WhipPistol Whip Posts: 9,677
    Forum Member
    I always pictured her like the woman who played Bev McLoughlin in Brookside.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 394
    Forum Member
    I think Sally Lindsey would of played her well.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's best as an unseen character spoken about :)
    Like in Dad's army with manwaring's wife Elizabeth (or though we do see the dip in the bed from the top bunk) or Father Bigley from Father Ted.. Not forgetting the Pirate Memory game sketch from Little Britain (but she speaks). Margaret! :)

The imagination is the best thing, especially for characters like father Bigley, in my opinion anyway, hehe. :)

As for Beverly, I agree with the poster above. Sally Lindsey in a push up bra and low top, hoop earings, too much lippy, short skirt.. cig in one hand glass of drink in the other. :p
  • iaindbiaindb Posts: 13,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Miss_Moo wrote: »
    Sheridan Smith if:

a) She wasn't Anthony's girlfriend, and
    b) She was older.

I saw BM as someone that was tarty and easy more than someone attractive.

They could easily have had Sheridan play both parts.:D See how different she is as Janet in Two Pints... compared to Emma in TRF
    c0lefax wrote: »
    Like in Dad's army with manwaring's wife Elizabeth (or though we do see the dip in the bed from the top bunk) or Father Bigley from Father Ted.. Not forgetting the Pirate Memory game sketch from Little Britain (but she speaks). Margaret! :)

The imagination is the best thing, especially for characters like father Bigley, in my opinion anyway, hehe. :)

As for Beverly, I agree with the poster above. Sally Lindsey in a push up bra and low top, hoop earings, too much lippy, short skirt.. cig in one hand glass of drink in the other. :p

Sally Lindsay did play a character like that in the christening episode - Twiggy's girlfriend Michelle, who probably was very like Beverley Macca.
  • pipkinpipkin Posts: 508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sally Lindsay played Twiggys girlfriend in The Christening episode. and she was pretty much as described as above!

Beverely Macca is a legend of the Royle Family one of the best lines ever was Nanna looking confused and shouting 'Who is Beverly Macca?' LOL
  • suki csuki c Posts: 6,085
    Forum Member
    I always pictured her like the woman who played Bev McLoughlin in Brookside.

whatever happened to her - she was great :)
  • Pistol WhipPistol Whip Posts: 9,677
    Forum Member
    suki c wrote: »
    whatever happened to her - she was great :)

Yes, I loved her. "Come on, Kiev...." :D

She's currently in the Daz adverts along with Curly from Corrie and Cindy from EastEnders.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow.. I had no idea that was her in the christening episode :eek: I'm not kidding, I really didn't recognise her until seeing the posts here.
    Got yerself a bit of class there eh twig? :D
  • Ghost WorldGhost World Posts: 7,036
    Forum Member
    So is this just a thread where we name actresses with big tits?

The whole point of mentioning Beverly but never showing her is that your imagination runs wild. They feed you bits and pieces about her, and you build up a picture in your mind. If they actually showed the character, it would inevitably be a disappointment.
  • AppleTangoAppleTango Posts: 1,893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    c0lefax wrote: »

Don't forget Maris Crane, Mrs Columbo and Howard Wolowitz's mother.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't think of a single actress that could've been shown without being a disappointment. I don't even have a mental image of how Beverley Macca should look; she's more of a type of person I think.

It's rarely a good idea to bring off-screen characters on-screen.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 190
    Forum Member
    the girl that plays Nicola in Early doors, (Sue McArdle)
    Is how I imagine her.
  • Norbert5Norbert5 Posts: 930
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AppleTango wrote: »
    Don't forget Maris Crane, Mrs Columbo and Howard Wolowitz's mother.
    And Her Indoors .

Yes its better to invent your own Character like you would if reading a book .
  • suki csuki c Posts: 6,085
    Forum Member
    I see a hundred Beverly Maccas on my High St every day :eek:
  • Cal2008Cal2008 Posts: 2,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They say anything about her in the last 2 episodes have you notced.
  • nancyboynancyboy Posts: 1,288
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rosaline in Romeo and Juliet.

Del Boy's friends - Monkey Harris, Sunglasses Ron and Paddy the Greek.

The whole point about the common dramatic device of unseen characters is - er, you don't see them!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,735
    Forum Member
    I think Kerry Katona would have suited the part well.

Chavvy and common as shite, oh and big boobs.
  • Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love the legend of Beverley Macca.

I used to want to see her image badly, but nowadays, I'm quite happy to hear about her & not see her, as seeing her would ruin the mystique.